Water Purifier suggestion

Can't suggest you any brands but can tell you that you don't need an RO unit at such low TDS levels. A sediment filter attached before UV purifier would be enough.

Or you can get those gravity fed ones which don't need electricity.

need new water purifier

tap water tds is 68

please suggest
The higher the number of PPM (parts per million) means more particles and contaminants that not only make water taste bad but can also be bad for your health. What is a good number? Apparently the World Health Organization says that water with a TDS (total dissolved solids) of 1,000 PPM is “acceptable” and under 600 PPM is “good.”

Isn't 68 too low TDS level?

So what's the problem with TDS of 68? Why don't you get the water tested at a lab such as IPM (institute of Preventive Medicine). They will give you full report. May be all that you need would be a UV filter. In my case I have Flouride above the safe limits hence I HAD to go for RO.

RO -> removes impurities by filtration and in the process, also reduces TDS.
UV -> kills germs but doesn't filter, and therefore keeps the TDS levels intact.
Reviva -> RO and UV work separately and TDS controller combines them to achieve a specific TDS.

If the treated water has low TDS, it can be brought up by TDS controller. It just adds "UV treated" water to "RO purified".

You've already got such low TDS levels, which will be further reduced after RO filtration. If you try to bring up the TDS, you'll end up using UV treated water most of the time.

Water with low TDS tastes bitter, so they came up with this solution to make it taste better.

RO -> removes impurities by filtration and in the process, also reduces TDS.

Water with low TDS tastes bitter, so they came up with this solution to make it taste better.

Well, it's a Myth. i am drinking packaged purified water (can of 20 ltrs) since last 2 years but they haven't tasted bitter and has a tds of 12-14. same goes for aquafina,bisleri that one buys from any shop.
Their tds will always be under 15 but will taste always sweeter.

Well, it's a Myth. i am drinking packaged purified water (can of 20 ltrs) since last 2 years but they haven't tasted bitter and has a tds of 12-14. same goes for aquafina,bisleri that one buys from any shop.
Their tds will always be under 15 but will taste always sweeter.
i don't know about your tastebuds but i find 500ml and 1L bottled water to be bitter. esp aquafina 500ml.

and do you even know that 20L cans are just filtered tap water? i haven't checked its TDS but have you?

couple of years ago they replaced all the bottled water dispensers in my office with RO units. suddenly everyone started complaining that filters in RO units weren't working. they thought the water wasn't getting filtered and therefore tasted bitter.

Back