WD 2.5" Elements & ULTRA for 6990 & 7490 Respectively

vercetti

Skilled
My bad...
I guess its only the software difference between the both....sucks to know that I have been paying 500 bucks additional all this while for nothing:(
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/260642-32-difference-elements-passport[DOUBLEPOST=1397151069][/DOUBLEPOST]But...WD passport/Ultra are sleeker (just slightly) and do look cooler
Dude thats just a post made by forum users. >_>
There have been a bunch of comparision tests. Digit and CHIP (dont remember the issue nos.) have also done them with verdict: Passports have better speed than Element.
As for the build quality I've used both and feel that the Element has inferior build quality like you said. I wouldn't buy an Element again.

That's an absurd reason. For anyone. It is a consumer grade HDD in a plastic case. Its not tough book casing anyways Its not intended to be played Frisbee with.

Err.... better does not mean military grade better buddy... I think @iPwnz is just saying that durability of passport is better compared to elements.
If u compare seagate expansion and backup plus as well - the build and material used in backup plus is superior than the expansion model - thats one of the reason for price being high
That's an absurd reason. For anyone. It is a consumer grade HDD in a plastic case. Its not tough book casing anyways Its not intended to be played Frisbee with.

I still fail to understand. Anyways. let it be.
Have you used both? Only after using both of them will you be able to understand. Why else would the prices of one be higher than the other if they had the same quality and transfer speed etc etc?
Also both of my Elements (one is dead) gave me disconnection problems. I want to RMA (the one which I'm using right now) it but haven't had the chance to backup my files.

Adata 2TB Portable is available for 6590 /- if you use flipkart's mobile app. Have ordered one.

http://www.flipkart.com/adata-hv620-2-5-inch-2-tb-external-hard-drive/p/itmdqftnkzkvbzqn

Benchmarks seem to be good:
5714_22_adata_dashdrive_hv620_2tb_external_hard_drive_review_full.png

Guys if possible PLEASE DO NOT BUY the Element drives. My current 1TB 2.5" Element disconnection problem is occurring more frequently than normal.
Get the passports model instead or equivalent products from Seagate or other reliable brands.[DOUBLEPOST=1398032805][/DOUBLEPOST]seller of the pp model has changed and price increased to 9990 :p
and element now costs 7490.

Last edited:
I've perfect happy with my WD Elements 1 TB (2 yrs old now) ..

No disconnection issues, though I would suggest you unplug the cable from the HDD case when not it use to avoid any accidental stress-pull on it.

Bumping this. Currently the 2TB elements is for 6390 and Ultra for 6790 on flipkart

Last edited:
Back