Storage Solutions WD Blue latest updates

Lincon_WD

Disciple
WD expands their award-winning desktop and mobile storage lineup with WD Blue PC hard drives. Extensively tested and built to WD's high standards, WD Blue offers a wide variety of capacities - ranging from 250 GB to the massive 6 TB – in both desktop and mobile models. Drive WD Blue with confidence – our colors never fade.

Western Digital Blue line sits between the company’s high-end WD Black and the slower value-oriented WD Green. The WD Blue drives have very related execution to the WD Black drives on normal, object they come with a two-year limited warranty instead of the WD Black five-year. The WD Black drives typically have a larger buffer as well. Compared to the WD Green, the WD Blue have a higher rotational speed, which equates to better performance. The WD Blue technical highlight is 6Gb/s interface, which is the latest SATA III standard.

Western Digital Blue 6TB to 2TB Specs:

Rotational Speed: 5400RPM
Cache Size: 64MB
Capacity: 2TB to 6TB
Interface: SATA 6.0Gb/s
Form factor: 3.5' inch

The following link describes the specifications for the WD Blue HDD:

http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=QV2owx

We are happy to announce the new WD Blue with high storage capacity.

Why it isnt 7200 rpm???

Hi @nRiTeCh

Thanks for your interest in WD Blue. You know, I'm not sure why by myself, but I've make sure to pass your question to our marketing and R&D division. I'm kind of curious myself too.
FdMzHywBxbzkDhSFnvHWaGNZHgesFucDnE9P8RcnmwpXZAX9FQAVs4lwV2Kic1n80SK_64r24qwTALUahWy7VhzXJKal6DY6dVCMbNKbscuVhBQPoIJdhD0u3Ld4RHhQLlhp92o

http://techreport.com/news/29251/western-digital-paints-its-green-hard-drives-blue-in-rebranding

Western Digital's Green hard drives, known for their combination of high capacities with reasonable performance and low noise, are no more—at least not in name. The company says it's folding the Green drives into its Blue line-up to make it "easier for customers to choose the right drive for their PC."

In practice, the new Blue line-up seems more confusing. Before this rebranding, Blues represented value-oriented 7,200-RPM disks with slightly slower performance than the top-of-the-line Black series (at least on the desktop). Now, buyers will need to distinguish between "5,400-RPM-class" and "7,200-RPM-class" drives under the Blue umbrella for some capacities. WD's product page suggests that the easiest way to do so is to look for a "Z" at the end of the model number.

Is it possible....due to decline of Sale/Demand or as people discover the shortcoming of Green Drive, WD decides to introduce this large size of WD Blues such as 2 to 6 TB segment of Blue Drive which is basically the same internal of WD Green....So they can clear their unsold stock / unused components of raw materials....

Didn't exactly remember where but I read somewhere -

Once WD stated that 'User don't need more than 1 TB HDD space for their PC's Boot Drive so they don't want to expand their Blue Line more than 1 TB 7200 RPM Drive....if user need more storage they can opt Green Drive in Large Cap'. <--- Something Like that.

To my View Blue 2TB-6TB drive looks (spec) exactly the same as WD Green.

N.B:- I'm not a WD hater - Currently I Own 4 Drives among two of them Green.

Blue isnt comparable to good and stable blue ones.
Green is like basic drive.
Blue, black, red and purple are best.

Purple got its popularity as many enthusiastic users tried it for pc and surprisingly it did pretty descent.

Back