Video WD TV Live or Xtreamer

Hells_Fury

Disciple
As the title says, I need to decide between the WD TV Live and the Xtreamer. Being a noob in this area I would like some inputs. I can get the Xtreamer with Indian warranty for 9k from the dealer here or I can get the WD TV live via KMD for around 8k. But unless Western Digital honor International warranty, I will not get Indian warranty for the WD TV Live.

Plus, which is better feature wise? I do not have a HT setup and I do not plan on getting one in the near future either. I will use my TV speakers itself. For network access, I will be using a wired connection since I mostly have 1080p HD rips and I cannot stream them wirelessly.

Owners of the above two devices, your inputs will be appreciated.

WD TV live at the moment is supposed to have a better chipset than xtreamer's realtek. xtreamer's support forum is very strong and firmware is updated regularly. Feature wise they are almost similar wdtv live having a slighit edge in decoding department while xtreamer has a hdd slot. Some users have complained about xtreamer's fan being noisy.

Overall both are excellent products. You can get WDtv live cheaper if you order through 20north.

im sorry but how legit is 20 north. planning to get some stuff from them. i guess they are india based but surely they can clear customs in the asked price for us ? also the price includes shipping to us ?

jesal said:
im sorry but how legit is 20 north. planning to get some stuff from them. i guess they are india based but surely they can clear customs in the asked price for us ? also the price includes shipping to us ?

They are an Indian Company,based in Bangalore.

Yes, they clear the customs for you, their price is inclusive of everything. Gift shipping option is without customs duty for the products below 10k.

@Aces170, What Lynx india sells is WD TV, WD TV Live is another model released recently by Western Digital (its with network support). Its yet to hit the stores in India, Selling for $120 in US of A. I have read somewhere that Western Digital Had announced WD TV live for India at the price point of 10.5k or so.

Back