Webpage to upload/download data

flash23

Adept
Im doing my BE (Elec & Tele-Comm) project and I need to upload/download data to/from the webpage.

I have transfer an image in RAW format from one GPRS enabled GSM module to another. There is a way to establish a client-server link between the two modules, however I want to explore this option as well as I think this will be more reliable since it will save the task of multiple uploading by the transmitter in case of connection drops in client-server method.

I came across the HTML commands of GET and POST and I was hoping to utilizing them to upload the required data to a webpage.

I have no idea of working with webpages and I was hoping if someone could point me in the right direction to start from.

The RAW image will be obtained from a 132x132 8bit BMP image.

Thanks.

I'm not sure if you can create an uploader to upload stuff onto a server with just GET and POST form methods - They will need some sort of server side authentication.

My suggestion would be to use a basic PHP uploader (google PHP uploaders, you'll find 1000's of em) to upload data into a folder and display the contents of the directory [ Option +indexes ] - add in the .htaccess file.
<
This way you can upload and download content easily.. I have a similar setup
<

You can also try services like dropbox

Good luck!

#hellblog already my project has 4 different languages/commands sets to follow. This php will make my a bit life difficult. I will give a try if time permits.

Do you know of any webpage that allow to upload /download data for free. The procedure needs to be simple enough so that it can be easily be handled by using AT commands.

Back