website designing charges

devp24

Disciple
hello friends...does ne1 have a idea how much freelancers charge for designing and creating a website in PHP...do they charge as per the pages or depending on the modules that the website has....

wat would be charge if I want to create a website with online shopping? not a very big site..the site may have around 10-15 pages

inputs from u all would be greatly appreciated

It depends on amount of work involved. People charge around Rs. 500 - 1500 per page if its a one time job and for 10 - 20 pages, including gfx work.

Online shopping too has its complication. For example setting a paypal shop is easy. setting it up with an Indian CC payment gateway involves some complications. you'll find many ppl around. Keep your budget 5k and up.... depends all on what u need.

thanks for the replies frends...actually i will be developing a site for a client and wanted to know the charges as it is my first project....there is one more small question in regards to domain hosting..today i called up directi and they told me that they already have 10 payment gateways implemented on their server and I do not need to purchase it separately....but i am doubtful about it...has anyone ever used directi servers for hosting and used their payment gateways ?? do i really dont need to purchase the payment gateways if I use the directi servers for hosting the site ??

with directi servers you'd end up like a reseller. and to me the system did not look very transparent. In end you'd be clueless if there is a downtime, client is on ur head and directi support is unreachable.

Better look for a solid host. Dont go for something cheap. Many of them have payment gateway integrated into the controlpanel or billing system. However if you're plan to accept credit cards you still need a merchant account to get the money. discuss to your host about it. Paypal is easiest way out without putting in too much.

Look for these in any host.

1. Live/24x7 support (must have)
2. Good Config Servers
3. Good Control panel with a billing system ( it reduces lotsa pain)
3.1 Stay away from cPanel if you can. its cheap and easy but gets complicated later as you dont have any built in billing. you always end up paying more for each addon.​
4. Integrated domain registration is a plus

Let us know how it goes. all the best

there wont be any good host based out of mumbai. if you look thru classafides you can find some companies. but most of them are either resellers or have servers based in US. Which is however, smart thing to do as you dont have to worry about power outage and ISP problems.

pm me, i can pass on some contacts.

dont want my post to be taken for advertising :p

For domains try www .gohindi. com

Though they are directi resellers. their basic rate beats directi. not to mention easy payment options. You can try them if you're hosting a small time non-critical website.

Try ASP.NET Hosting, Windows Hosting, Reseller Hosting by JodoHost.com if you're looking for serious hosting. I have a managed server and few VPS accounts with them. Great support and nice servers. They are the best in India. The datacenter is located at Miami.

So these guys are basically the hosts........do they also do the CC gateways ?? and will they also provide services to help me create and manage my website ???

Hosts wont do the CC gateway. They may support one in their billing system so you can make the payment.

To setup your own online shop which accepts CC payments, you need to pay a developer you can configure it. Again it depends on how complicated is the payment gateway to manage.

I do some web design, but am too overloaded with projects at them moment. But as far as an inexpensive web hosting, I use this guy a lot. His name is Sebastian, and he is really nice, and excepts payments via paypal. He includes free domain name with hosting packages.
Hostinginsiders.com-
I can't tell you what the going rate is over there, it is quite different here, and of course, it depends on how much work is involved. However, one area that people really tend to neglect when it comes to charging, is changes. You should make sure you have agreements up front that large changes and overhauls, will incur additional charges. It is important that you and your client are really clear about what they want, as you do not want to do half or more of the website and then have them tell you they have changed their mind, or don't like it the way it is and want you to redo it. This is the most common area for undercharging in web design for people starting out :)

Good luck
:)

Back