Weekend Shopping

tarun

Adept
I did some shopping today at NP. :)

Here are the purchase items:

Dell SE198WFP - Finally moved to LCD from my old Samsung 17" CRT. It really feels great while gaming on this. Bought it from Skope Computers for 9.2k. Too bad it didn't come with DVI-D cable. I guess it comes as a part of bundled package. I am gonna call them on Monday for the same.

CoolerMaster Extreme Power 600W - Bought it for 3k from SMC

HP Photosmart C4288 (MFD) - My first ever printer :) Bought it for 5.35k from SMC.

Free Image Hosting

Nice toys there....:) do contact the dealer for the dvi-cable.....the standard package comes with (lcd + stand + manuals + cd + dvi cable + vga cable + power cable) ; when I had bought both times the power cable was missing. If the power cable is missing then u can 'let go' of the hassels but then this is the DVI cable here and that too an original one.....do get it !.....

CoolerMaster Extreme Power 600W for 3k is nice :eek: may i ask what made you choose this over the 450VX Corsair ?

C4288 price so low ? OMG!....I own a C4188 , the lil bro of the C4288....I remember getting it for 8k....but that was during its launch and was 1yr+ abt it.....My neighbour has the same printer , he got a C4188 too , which went kaput in 1 week and he got a free upgrade to the C4288. Pls. make sure u dont use refilled / duplicate cartridges in it :) ......ah! and yes.....stick some paper in the front near the card reader slot , like a flap or something.....thats just to avoid it jussling the dust.....

congos on all the buy ! :)

Yes I am gonna call them tomorrow and ask it. I hope they give it as they are the authorized dealer of Dell. I will call Dell if the dealer doesn't give it. My LCD also didn't come up with power cable which dealer gave it separately saying it doesn't come with power cable but he didn't mention anything about DVI cable nor did I ask (I thought it would be there).

I had inquired about Corsair but that wasn't available so settled for CM 600 which I guess should be enough for my rig which holds a E2160, IP35-E, 2GB RAM, 320G HDD, DVD RW, 8600GT. I am moving over from a ColorSit 500 so this would definitely be better :)

Yeah I am gonna only use original cartridges. How is the mfd performance otherwise? How many pages does it print with the filled cartridges? I haven't tried printing photos yet but I am not expecting a miracle out of it.

congrats :D

the dell se198wfp montior comes with stand+vga cable+dvi cable bundled inside the box. as for the power cable, it isnt included inside the box but the dealer is supposed to give it separately.

First of all, Congrats on the stuff. :)
Secondly, Congos on surviving a Colorsit 500. :D
tarun said:
I did some shopping today at NP. :)
CoolerMaster Extreme Power 600W - Bought it for 3k from SMC
hanzy said:
CoolerMaster Extreme Power 600W for 3k is nice :eek: may i ask what made you choose this over the 450VX Corsair ?
tarun said:
I had inquired about Corsair but that wasn't available so settled for CM 600 which I guess should be enough for my rig which holds a E2160, IP35-E, 2GB RAM, 320G HDD, DVD RW, 8600GT. I am moving over from a ColorSit 500 so this would definitely be better :)

For those who are planning to get a psu soon >
Just one point and putting it across a bit rudely to make some people to take notice and research for themselves and arrive at the right conclusion.
Rather than doing stuff like applying the theory of Relativity to making pudding. :p

"at 3.6K odd (3K odd now) for the CM extreme power 600W and the Corsair VX450, i.e both the psus being at a similar price point- give or take a couple of hundred bucks maybe, only a moron/dimwit/loser will go for the former." :cool2:
http://www.techenclave.com/graphic-cards/hd-3870-vip-400w-27a-12v-109305-2.html
http://www.techenclave.com/graphic-cards/hd-3870-vip-400w-27a-12v-109305-2.html

hmm...a strong comment there...I guess I made a bad decision...I should have done some research on CM 600 :( I actually didn't want to buy a PSU that day and only wanted to buy LCD and Printer. But thought would buy a PSU too as I don't often go to Nehru Place. I had inquired for VX450 but that wasn't available at SMC/CE so bought CM 600 :(

I tried overclocking my E2160 which was running @ 2.8 Ghz with my old PSU at 1:1 FSB:RAM ratio with core voltage @ 1.32V. I pushed it to 3.0 Ghz with the new CM 600 but system got hung. I increased the core voltage to 1.4V and then ran prime95 for some hours and the system seemed to be stable. After reading that thread, I don't intend to go any further now.

Monitor updates:

I inquired with Skope Computers regarding the DVI-D cable and they said that it doesn't come with DVI-D cable anymore. As per them, it used to come earlier but it is not coming now. I don't think that's the case as many people have bought the same LCD in recent times here and they all have got the DVI-D cable. I am raising it with Dell now. Let's see what they have to say on this.

^ thats nonsense. it comes with a dvi cable. i bought one myself 2 days ago.

btw how much warranty you got? swapnil from prime told me dell has stopped giving 5 years warranty and now only gives 3 year warranty since last month.

How do I check the warranty? Do I need to take the warranty card or something? The box didn't have any warranty card. The dealer said that it's 5 year onsite warranty.

Further updates on DVI cable issue:

Skope Computers has refused to help in this case. I have called them multiple times and everytime I hear them say that the lot which they have received doesn't have DVI cable. I really should have bought it from SMC but only bought it from them as there were the authorized retailer.

I had been trying to reach Dell for last couple of days but wasn't able to. Finally emailed them and got the reply saying that they can't help in this case as the order was not directly placed by me but the retailer and the retailer hasn't contacted them for this issue.

I managed to get hold of one person at Dell Customer Care today after waiting for over 30 minutes on the line and he has said that they will check the order quotation and see the details. I hope they will be able to do something.

Back