Audio Well recorded albums

sreenisatish

Disciple
I am in the lookout for well recorded music that I can use to test out my headphones :) Do pitch in with your recommendations.

Some quick picks from me:
Album: Eric Clapton's Unplugged
Tracks: Old Love, Layla, Lonely Stranger, Signe

Album: Patricia Barber - Cafe Blue
Tracks: Nardis (this one is friggin mind blowing - every audiophile SHOULD have this track in FLAC), Mourning Grace

Album: Tool - Lateralus
Tracks: Lateralus (best. song. ever.)

Of course, all in FLAC only :D:D
Will add more albums/tracks when they pop in my mind! Currently too tired from work :(

Can i play madness - Iron Maiden

The Trooper - Iron Maiden ( Look out for the galloping technique used in the bass, gives u a good idea how well the sub can handle)

PS : I'm no expert.. these are just personal opinions.

Over the top of my head,

Seal - Unplugged.
Alanis Morissette - Unplugged.
This Binary Universe - BT,
These Hopeful Machines - BT,
Nirvana - Unplugged.
Dire straits - Best of
Micheal Jackson - All his songs are very well recorded, especially the Dangerous album.

All of these are available in Flac

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

sreenisatish said:
Some quick picks from me:
Album: Eric Clapton's Unplugged
Tracks: Old Love, Layla, Lonely Stranger, Signe
I really love that Album :D :D

Fireflies - Owl City
Iktara- Wake up sid
Black Star- Malmsteen
Stereo Love - Edward Maya
Brothers In arms- Mark knopfler/Dire Straits

karan_n8 said:
Fireflies - Owl City
Iktara- Wake up sid
Black Star- Malmsteen
Stereo Love - Edward Maya
Brothers In arms- Mark knopfler/Dire Straits
Albums my friend, not tracks!!!

And well recorded........Iktara, fireflies and stereo love..........really dude!!!!??? :no:

^ most of the songs are recorded in studios and burnt on cd's in a good format. Let us know what's your definition of well recorded...

bennysachdev said:

And well recorded........Iktara, fireflies and stereo love..........really dude!!!!??? :no:
My bad about the tracks part.
But yes, the bass on fireflies, the vocals on Iktara and he groove in stereo love really get you high if you have a good quality file.

6pack said:
^ most of the songs are recorded in studios and burnt on cd's in a good format. Let us know what's your definition of well recorded...
Cd's that were recorded before the loudness wars era and vinyl rips. YMMV of course.

6pack said:
Just because an album was recorded in a studio and burned on a CD doesn't guarentee a good recording. It depends upon a lot of things including the actual recording and the recording devices used, instrument setting and staging, mixing and so on...

Just for the note, many live albums sound better than studio recorded ones.

^ Well its the best you can get in retail isn't it? Actual recording or devices are much better than used 20 or 30 years before.

Live recorded songs do not sound better than studio recorded. I can do without the clapping and cheering and extra unwanted noise.

That's just my opinion though.

bennysachdev said:

It really comes to personal opinion tht which is WELL RECORDED acc to ones perspective

sometimes more(read as better rec equipments) doesnt mean better

6pack said:
I did a little bit of googling on your behalf........
Recording an album
Has the iPod Changed Music Production? - Manfred Eicher

Loudness War
All 3 links will give you a clearer picture. Hope that helps. :)

karan_n8 said:
My bad about the tracks part.
But yes, the bass on fireflies, the vocals on Iktara and he groove in stereo love really get you high if you have a good quality file.
Bass on fireflies.....hmmmm i'm listening to it on flac rite now, and i fail to see what you mean by well recorded!!

I get the part that the vocals on stereo love can be really enjoyable, but you should try Christy Baron - Ain't no sunshine on flac if you get a chance to know what the OP means. :)

sreenisatish said:
Just because an album was recorded in a studio and burned on a CD doesn't guarentee a good recording. It depends upon a lot of things including the actual recording and the recording devices used, instrument setting and staging, mixing and so on...

Just for the note, many live albums sound better than studio recorded ones.
...........+1

6pack said:
^ Well its the best you can get in retail isn't it? Actual recording or devices are much better than used 20 or 30 years before.

Live recorded songs do not sound better than studio recorded. I can do without the clapping and cheering and extra unwanted noise.
That's just my opinion though.
The music begins once the clapping and cheering stops.

Michal Jackson's albums are well recorded. They sound really great on high quality files.

Some Roxette songs sound really great too.

You might find it weird, but Enrique sounds great too.

Back