We're Doomed

I was fairly interested until I heard they are doing a 2 gun loadout like Halo. What a bummer. The SP will be interesting though, but I need a new system to runt that.

I was fairly interested until I heard they are doing a 2 gun loadout like Halo. What a bummer. The SP will be interesting though, but I need a new system to runt that.

are we going back to the era of arena shooters?

PS :- any hardcore quake/UT players here?

Doom appears to be awesome fun from the single player trailer. Don't think that mp will be worth writing home about.

The spec sheet is out:-

The Pistol:

• CPU: Intel Core i5-2400/AMD FX-8320 or better
  • GPU: NVIDIA GTX 670 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or better
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • HDD: 55 GB free
The BFG 9016:

• CPU: Intel Core i7-3770/AMD FX-8350 or better
  • GPU: NVIDIA GTX 970 4GB/AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB or better
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • HDD: 55 GB free

The game has around 55 gigs of steam download once it goes live! I think Bethesda has totally £$%^ed up here. Even after buying the game, I see no point in downloading 55 gigs of steam crap!!! Plus there is a season pass!!!

This is the difference between a company that just wants your money(Zenimax) and a company that wants to give you an experience you cant forget(legacy iD software).[DOUBLEPOST=1462725165][/DOUBLEPOST]

Damn!

Last edited:
Are those specs? Pathetic! It will create more criminals inhouse to rob daddys moneys and steal to built such rigs only to play 4 days game.
Totally insane and nonsense. It means all i3 i5 and rest amd is crap so there should be only 2-4 cpus in the market then.

Are those specs? Pathetic! It will create more criminals inhouse to rob daddys moneys and steal to built such rigs only to play 4 days game.
Totally insane and nonsense. It means all i3 i5 and rest amd is crap so there should be only 2-4 cpus in the market then.

they are pandering the elite!

Lol people are saying that these system requirements are insane. Its good that there is no thread on this forum on forza 6. Otherwise you would have fainted.
Anyways games like doom are for mature players only 18+ which means most of them should come into working class category. Thus we can assume people under this class can do whatever they want with their money.:)

Last edited:
Lol people are saying that these system requirements are insane. Its good that there is no thread on this forum on forza 6. Otherwise you would have fainted.
Anyways games like doom are for mature players only 18+ which means most of them should come into working class category. Thus we can assume people under this class can do whatever they want with their money.:)

That is, IF they earn enough money!

If Intel HD 530 (one inside Skylake CPUs) can handle it in 720p, I would be more than happy. It looks like such games are going to be in trend again, against CoDs and Battlefields.

Immature.
Building pc can be someones passion or can be because they love to see themselves having the latest rigs/gadgets. Calling them nerds or commenting on their life is uncalled for.
Nerd isnt derogatory but nerd with the statement preceding it is definitely derogatory.

Very well said I couldn't have said it better. Unfortunately most people generally in forums just post before thinking or understanding anything.

Really? So a person earning just 15-20k pm can go ahead and build such rigs and keep upgrading? ROFL man nice thoughts.:p:wacky:
Only nerds can do this who got no other life.
Have you not realized till now that game developers don't earn their bread and butter from sales in India.
Majority of their buyers are going to be from first world countries where upgrading to a nice PC isn't that much of a headache as you are making it out to be.
Also I know a few guys who earn around 15-20k and are still able to maintain a more than decent rig with planning and saving for upgrades.
And it's pathetic that you think people who are passionate about PC gaming have no other life. I personally haven't built a PC or played any PC games for a long time but I know guys who are still as passionate about gaming as they were when they were younger and they easily lead a normal life as well. I am guessing venting out your frustration by talking bad about other's is just another trait of your amazing life.

Have you not realized till now that game developers don't earn their bread and butter from sales in India.
Majority of their buyers are going to be from first world countries where upgrading to a nice PC isn't that much of a headache as you are making it out to be.
Also I know a few guys who earn around 15-20k and are still able to maintain a more than decent rig with planning and saving for upgrades.
And it's pathetic that you think people who are passionate about PC gaming have no other life. I personally haven't built a PC or played any PC games for a long time but I know guys who are still as passionate about gaming as they were when they were younger and they easily lead a normal life as well. I am guessing venting out your frustration by talking bad about other's is just another trait of your amazing life.

See I dont want to hurt any sentiments of passionate gamer or anybody else. M myself a passionate gamer but due to workload havent gamed since years now.
You and some other are getting me and IT wrong.
What I simply wanted to say that if the min. system requirements are as huge as an i7 or something then how are fellow budget gamers gonna manage the load or upgrading?
People recently who have somehow manage and upgraded to i3 or i5 but reading this they will fear of again upgrading in no time to enjoy the ice candy.

See I dont want to hurt any sentiments of passionate gamer or anybody else. M myself a passionate gamer but due to workload havent gamed since years now.
You and some other are getting me and IT wrong.
What I simply wanted to say that if the min. system requirements are as huge as an i7 or something then how are fellow budget gamers gonna manage the load or upgrading?
People recently who have somehow manage and upgraded to i3 or i5 but reading this they will fear of again upgrading in no time to enjoy the ice candy.
I get that you are pissed man. However, like I have said, Indian gamers' opinion and budgets don't really matter to the people developing these games, because the crowd paying for games is miniscule.
In first world countries, dishing out $300-500 for an upgrade isn't much of a headache. For many developers these days, there is a race for putting out the best textures and graphics. I am pretty sure the game will run on budget PCs as well, just not fully maxed out.
Another thing you should note, is that in first world countries majority budget gamers stick to consoles and most if not all PC gamers are enthusiasts who don't mind splurging on upgrades every few years. Most of them have multi-GPU setups just for the heck of it.

Back