We're Doomed

Well a majority of us do not have that privilege! If a game company wants success in India, it has to shun the whole concept of humongous digital downloads...
Well its more like India's internet infrastructure has to improve and improve quickly. Unless that happens, India will be left far behind. The world will not change for a tiny market like India.

What is your plan on ACT. I am only interested to know the FUP limit :)
125mbps/500 gigs

The world will not change for a tiny market like India.

India has huge market potential. Even industry bigwigs like Apple are waking up to that fact. However, unlike the west and EU markets, one size fits all strategy wont work here!! They would have to customise their offerings to make their products appealing to Indians.

Looking at the present demographics, I would say the Indian market is more important than its western counterparts. If the infrastructure is not present, modify the product itself to make it more appealing to customers i.e. shun the huge patch downloads in this case!!

India has huge market potential. Even industry bigwigs like Apple are waking up to that fact. However, unlike the west and EU markets, one size fits all strategy wont work here!! They would have to customise their offerings to make their products appealing to Indians.

Looking at the present demographics, I would say the Indian market is more important than its western counterparts. If the infrastructure is not present, modify the product itself to make it more appealing to customers i.e. shun the huge patch downloads in this case!!

The size of the legitimate PC Game market in India is probably 0.0001% of the value in the US. The enforcement of copyright and IP laws is non-existent.

Piracy accounts for almost 95% of the user base. The number of users buying a legit version like you or me are probably in a few thousands.

Any large company would not bother investing large chunks of money in such a market where returns both in the short term and the long term are not guaranteed.

Its a vicious cycle - some publishers like Namco Bandai don't even care! Amazon just cancelled my DS3 order after making me wait for over a month.

Ha ha ha....I think op is a visionary poster. At first I thought wtf is this thread title... now after reading all the posts I can see the true meaning of the title is slowly coming to light.:grinning:

BTW it would be nice if we discuss about the game only.
Anyways I will also add that please keep in mind that whatever the developers put there as system requirements is not always 100% accurate or rather its not that you MUST have that configuration to run the game. It only means that if you run the game below the official system requirement list & encounter any performance issues then you will not get any support from them.

Last edited:
Anyways I will also add that please keep in mind that whatever the developers put there as system requirements is not always 100% accurate or rather its not that you MUST have that configuration to run the game.

This is the MINIMUM system requirements:-

Minimum:

• Windows 7/8.1/10 (64-bit versions); Intel Core i5-2400/AMD FX-8320 or better;
  • 8 GB RAM; 55 GB free HDD space; NVIDIA GTX 670 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or better
  • Contains a single disc. Download of additional files from Steam (total amount 45 GB) is required to run the game.
  • Requires Steam activation and broadband internet connection for Multiplayer and SnapMap.

Looking at the title, I'm sure it definitely wont run on anything below this unless ofcourse you dont mind playing the whole game in slow mo, that too is doubtful!

If you were around for Doom 3 launch it was exactly like this. Most of us had onboard graphics that time and none of us could run it. Only one of my rich friend had a GeForce 4 MX and got to see it at his place. The visuals, textures, lighting and shadows, particle effects were something to behold. 12 years later and it's the same scenario. My GTX 760 probably won't run Doom. No big deal, I will wait till I have a better card. The game isn't going away.

Doom 3 requirements, how far we have come :)

CPU: Pentium 4 or Athlon XP
CPU Speed: 1.5 GHz (Intel) or 1500+ (Athlon)
RAM: 384 MB
Video Card: 64 MB 100% DirectX 9.0b compatible Video Card (NVIDIA GeForce3/GeForce4 MX+/ATI Radeon 8500+)
DirectX version: 9.0b (included)
Sound Card: Yes
Free Disk Space: 2.2GB of uncompressed free hard disk space (plus 400MB for Windows swap file)
CD-ROM: 8X Speed CD/DVD ROM

This is the MINIMUM system requirements:-

Minimum:

• Windows 7/8.1/10 (64-bit versions); Intel Core i5-2400/AMD FX-8320 or better;
  • 8 GB RAM; 55 GB free HDD space; NVIDIA GTX 670 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or better
  • Contains a single disc. Download of additional files from Steam (total amount 45 GB) is required to run the game.
  • Requires Steam activation and broadband internet connection for Multiplayer and SnapMap.

Looking at the title, I'm sure it definitely wont run on anything below this unless ofcourse you dont mind playing the whole game in slow mo, that too is doubtful!
If you look at the minimum system requirements, it's not really of a very high level. The components mentioned are 3 generations old and that means that one could very easily play this game on a budget rig.
Yes, the download at average indian speeds will suck but it's not that people haven't downloaded such large files before. I have downloaded bigger files on 256kbps connection. This is the cost one has to pay for living in India. It's not something the game companies can improve.
As a prospective buyer, you are more than welcome to boycott such methods of distribution but unless you are part of a majority, no company is ever gonna listen to you.

Doom 3 requirements, how far we have come :)

CPU: Pentium 4 or Athlon XP
CPU Speed: 1.5 GHz (Intel) or 1500+ (Athlon)
RAM: 384 MB
Video Card: 64 MB 100% DirectX 9.0b compatible Video Card (NVIDIA GeForce3/GeForce4 MX+/ATI Radeon 8500+)
DirectX version: 9.0b (included)
Sound Card: Yes
Free Disk Space: 2.2GB of uncompressed free hard disk space (plus 400MB for Windows swap file)
CD-ROM: 8X Speed CD/DVD ROM

Damn! The game still looks as if it's coming out next year! *Hail Carmack*[DOUBLEPOST=1462872344][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes, the download at average indian speeds will suck but it's not that people haven't downloaded such large files before.
Hardware is not the issue with me! It is only that ill have to wait for atleast 3-4 days even after buying the game. Sucky 4 mbps MTNL connection here! :mad:

Last edited:

Are you really? Now since you have mentioned this.
Also keep in mind that the people who made these videos used fraps which eats away around 15-20 fps.

Last edited:
irrelevant, but yesterday I was struggling to get Halo 5 installed on my Xbone. Finally after getting my disc installed when i connected to the internet, it slapped me with 32 GB download :(

It has released sometime back but 32 GB was pretty high beating the EA standards (BF4 updates)

It seems like companies release half the game only. Rest we download once it goes online.
For some game releases like Simcity, it was just the pseudo code. The actual game was under development and so they blocked out the users from joining the server until they put in the code :p. JK

irrelevant, but yesterday I was struggling to get Halo 5 installed on my Xbone. Finally after getting my disc installed when i connected to the internet, it slapped me with 32 GB download :(

It has released sometime back but 32 GB was pretty high beating the EA standards (BF4 updates)

Why dont they revert back to old methods of game distribution? I remember when I was in school, there was one milestone interactive, which had the distribution rights for the subcontinent. Where are these distributors now? And with the advent of denuvo, it is impossible to crack games anyways. Just think about it, Valve can totally monopolize and curate the industry if it wants to some fine day!! Steam is like the facebook of gaming! Heck if they lose some business on steam, they may finally make HL3 which seems like a distant dream now!! :mad:

Why dont they revert back to old methods of game distribution? I remember when I was in school, there was one milestone interactive, which had the distribution rights for the subcontinent. Where are these distributors now? And with the advent of denuvo, it is impossible to crack games anyways. Just think about it, Valve can totally monopolize and curate the industry if it wants to some fine day!! Steam is like the facebook of gaming! Heck if they lose some business on steam, they may finally make HL3 which seems like a distant dream now!! :mad:
Answer is simple. They changed their business model. Now the publishers are distributing their products majorly through online applications.

Back