Wharfedale Diamond 220 + Norge 2060

rock_ya_baby

~~~=o=~~~
Adept
I bought beat-up Norge from TE many years ago, never bought speakers to compliment it. I wanna retrofit it to my home office... all I need are speakers, shall i still get 220s? Or shall I get get old floor standers from OLX? I don't have time to appreciate the sonic beauty, so almost-perfect would do (w/o bass attachment, I know... i'm aware it will lack the kick, no problem)

I can't play loud but I wanna blast it at times, w/o any care. So far, car is the only place where I can do so w/o being reprimanded.

I'd love the combination to be expandable.

Profile:
40% streaming video or some movie/video/documentary
30% classic heavy metal - judas priest, motorhead, manowar, amon amarth
20% idle (off chance - punjabi or hindi or bollywood or house :/)
10% calming music, ambient sounds, rain etc

I have a dedicated Setup/TV/Speaker system for family watch-a-thons ,by the way. All I need is something within 40K to make my home office a better space. My current speakers jaarr.

Last edited:
I listened to a lotta Bookshelf & Mini speakers recently.. The Q Acoustics 3010i really stole the thunder.
What an amazing speaker- i think you ought to like it. Should be around 23-25K for a pair.

Another great option is the Elac B5. Should be around the 28-30K mark

I listened to a lotta Bookshelf & Mini speakers recently.. The Q Acoustics 3010i really stole the thunder.
What an amazing speaker- i think you ought to like it. Should be around 23-25K for a pair.

Another great option is the Elac B5. Should be around the 28-30K mark
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll look for them locally. Do stores allow you to hook your own amp for testing?

Back