What AC for 224 sq ft room with 48+ deg C ambient temperatures ?

smAsh

Disciple
I am looking for an Inverter AC for my parents room. Room size is 224 sqft and south wall and roof are directly exposed to sun while west wall is partially exposed. Will AH-XP18MV be sufficient or should I go for the 2 tonner AH-XP24MV???!

vvvinashhh , RishiGuru

What is the size of your room where this sharp AC is installed? Is it top floor or directly exposed to sun? Isn't a 1.5 tonner underpowered for 266 sqft and that too in Delhi ? I am asking cause I have to buy one too in Lucknow which is as hot as Delhi.

Dealers suggest 2 ton inverter for 250 sq feet rooms for cost savings. At 48c temperatures, the 1.5 ton would work at 80-100% capacity to get the desired temperatures wherein the 2 ton would cool more quickly and work at 40-50% capacity.

Im at Kolkata and its working great in 266 sqft. No walls of my room are exposed to direct sunlight except the roof and a little on the west wall. We have a max temp of 41C in Kolkata but humidity is more here. Generally out Temps are between 36 and 40C at super maximum! The AC cools the room at 25C at .6Kw in the evening. Im yet to test in the afternoons.

@vvvinashhh

Oh! I thought that you are at Delhi. My bad!

Lucknow is hotter than Kolkata. Usually temperatures reaches around 45 degrees in may, june but last year it was 48+ degrees. Many AC failed to cool at that temperature. I am thinking about getting a 2 ton inverter ac. Lets see what experts suggest...
And please guys, as The_Falcon suggests, please post some figures...

Last edited by a moderator:
@vvvinashhh

Oh! I thought that you are at Delhi. My bad!

Lucknow is hotter than Kolkata. Usually temperatures reaches around 45 degrees in may, june but last year it was 48+ degrees. Many AC failed to cool at that temperature. I am thinking about getting a 2 ton inverter ac. Lets see what experts suggest...
And please guys, as The_Falcon suggests, please post some figures...
What is price in Lucknow because in U.P we have pay VAT which 14% and A.C will cost us around 45600 or 46000.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well! AC runs ~16 hours a day.

Get an Inverter then for sure which can operate at hight temps. Cause the Sharp can operate at max 46C but so is the case with other inverters. A new Sharp is coming out soon AH-XP18PHT which can operate at 48C and has a EER(singapore} of 4.18!!!

Get an Inverter then for sure which can operate at hight temps. Cause the Sharp can operate at max 46C but so is the case with other inverters. A new Sharp is coming out soon AH-XP18PHT which can operate at 48C and has a EER(singapore} of 4.18!!!

There is no 1.5 Ton Inverter air conditioner known to me that can exceed a rated EER of above 4. And please do not consult that brochure as it is full of mistakes.

Have a look : http://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/which-inverter-ac-to-go-for-edit-bought-sharp-ah-xp18mv.141110/page-4#post-1805398

RishiGuru I am looking for an Inverter AC for my parents room. Room size is 224 sqft and south wall and roof are directly exposed to sun while west wall is partially exposed. Will AH-XP18MV be sufficient or should I go for the 2 tonner AH-XP24MV???!

According to Wiki, Lucknow Summers are extremely hot with temperatures rising to the 40 °C to 45 °C range, the average highs being in the high of 30s (degree Celsius). Highest recorded temperature is 48 °C. Sharp Inverter's will do the job and as for your requirement a 2 Ton AH-XP24MV will be the right choice.

Panasonic does have a 2 Ton, R22 based Inverter (CS-K24NKY) which can run even at 55 °C. Price may be wallet busting at INR 60K.

So it is 2 ton AC then. I will go find the price and details of Sharp, LG and Panasonic inverter ACs today. I am more inclined towards sharp AH-XP24MV but lets see what market suggests.

I am looking for an Inverter AC for my parents room. Room size is 224 sqft and south wall and roof are directly exposed to sun while west wall is partially exposed. Will AH-XP18MV be sufficient or should I go for the 2 tonner AH-XP24MV???!

vvvinashhh , RishiGuru

What is the size of your room where this sharp AC is installed? Is it top floor or directly exposed to sun? Isn't a 1.5 tonner underpowered for 266 sqft and that too in Delhi ? I am asking cause I have to buy one too in Lucknow which is as hot as Delhi.
48+ C? O General , very little has been mentioned about other brands here, but fact is Sharp is on the lower rungs, and O General may be a better choice.[DOUBLEPOST=1366435365][/DOUBLEPOST]
So it is 2 ton AC then. I will go find the price and details of Sharp, LG and Panasonic inverter ACs today. I am more inclined towards sharp AH-XP24MV but lets see what market suggests.

As I mentioned, check out O General too.[DOUBLEPOST=1366440332][/DOUBLEPOST]http://www.generalindia.com/ General in India, yesterday local papers had a deal on 1.5T inverter

Back