What actually is Amway business?

MohitPreet

Skilled
i am sure all of you might have heard of AMWAY and their products and their business as well

i just want to know how really good is this amway buisness , is it really worth the time ,

when i look around and see the type of people involved including many high profile one as well , i am tempted to get into this

as of late i have got 4-5 people who are convincing me how good it is in terms of how much money i can make and enjoy life

1. tension free life

2. financial freedom

3. permanent ever growing stable income

4. foreign trips

so these are some of the points on which these people are selling and expanding their business , and some really are enjoying all this and much more

i have googled a lot about this in the past week , there are many many positive comments and so many negative reviews as well

u can just google for amway sucess stories , u will find so many all over including videos on youtube as well

so finally i turn to you people , i just want to know from you always helping and honest TE people , wat is this all about and is there any long term financial freedom?

and TEians already a part of this network ?

wat are you honest opinion guys , shud i join this or not??

All these type of companies or associations are BANNED in countries like CHINA, rest you can understand, there is nothing called as free money unless you win a lottery or rob a bank.

on a second thought, make this thread a POLL & see how many are in favor & not ?

yes i got to know all of this via googling , but still look at the lifestyle these people have at the age we cud never imagine , big cars etc etc... , seems like they enjoy life to the core , atleast some do at the top leve, and thats wats its all about,

anyway the bottom line point that i found out is :

If you master deception you will succeed in amway after years and years of recruiting people.

If you have morals you will probably quit.

a 12th dropout is earning 1.5-2lac pm at the age of 22 , me at 26 after doing MBBS cant make more than 50k pm???/

Amway is type of business in which you need to dupe people into joining it under you referral. More members you have under you, more you earn.

There's a catch. You need to pay some yearly renewal fees to Amway to be in business or else you'll be thrown out. And unless you start making money out of it, you'll bear the losses as renewal fees.

So unless you're good at duping people & making them persuade to join under your referral, stay away from this.

Its a very good way to ruin one's life to say the least. My 25-year Cousin stopped mid way his graduation about 5 years back and still hasn't completed his bachelors thanks to this, and now is in a 6k a month call-center. Rest you can judge.

^ if u listen to their seminars and attend their meets , they say it specifically if u want to succeed, whom will u look forward as u guru, guide ,

only a successful person in his or her field can guide u properly and u will obviously look upto them , not the one who is not successful in his/her field, well thats quite true isnt it ,

we come here on Te and take advise from people here before buying something , dont we , coz we know people actually have knowledge and can guide u properly , we dont go elsewhere for help, isnt it?.

so people who are actually successful can guide u ,

any business u do is full of struggle initially , only those who can cross this hurdle can succeed in life, - FUNDAMENTAL RULE

MohitPreet said:
^ if u listen to their seminars and attend their meets , they say it specifically if u want to succeed, whom will u look forward as u guru, guide ,

only a successful person in his or her field can guide u properly and u will obviously look upto them , not the one who is not successful in his/her field, well thats quite true isnt it ,
we come here on Te and take advise from people here before buying something , dont we , coz we know people actually have knowledge and can guide u properly , we dont go elsewhere for help, isnt it?.

so people who are actually successful can guide u ,

any business u do is full of struggle initially , only those who can cross this hurdle can succeed in life, - FUNDAMENTAL RULE
i had gone to one, long back, it is like watching astha or sanskriti chanel on TV, all these bearded sex crazy cheaters learn religious books by heart & then start throwing & people clap like mad.

i still remember one sentence where the bugger on stage said, "there will be an ATM outside your house & all you will do every morning is go out & withdraw money, this is all work you will do all day"

people were like, yayyyyyyyyyyy & all that

when i got out, i was like "i want my Rs.300/- back" :( WFT!@#$%^&*

IMO Amway sucks infront of SEO and IM. The IM world can make you much more, but through online instead of offline techniques!

I have personally seen quite a few of my college class mates loose money and friendships to this Amway scam.

MohitPreet said:
1. tension free life

False, From what I could see, those guys had a lot to be tense about even at such an young age.

MohitPreet said:
2. financial freedom

3. permanent ever growing stable income

False, Unless you are very aggressive about finding new bakara's and recruiting them into the circle, you can loose money. Also Amway had run into a lot of controversy in India over their business model. AFAIK, Even now there are pending legal cases against them.

MohitPreet said:
4. foreign trips

No one I knew who got involved with Amway business ever have had any such trip

Finally if you are so well aware of what's involved and still keen on scamming people to make a quick buck, why don't you just run your own racket rather than rely on such a roundabout way. That way you would earn even more. Take a news paper any day and you would read about at least one scam in action. People walk way with 10 of lakhs or sometimes crores of rupees and looking at the recent trends, a lot MBA graduates are behind these scams giving a whole new meaning to entrepreneurship. I guess greed for a quick buck and scamming people or getting scammed because of that is right in the blood of our fellow countrymen.

^ well i know all of that , and i am not here to make quick buck , i m just confused as of now when my MBBS degree is not as rewarding as this business/scam watever it is :p , these people mock at us ( not me , i m talking in general) , few of my asst professor's in my college with MD degrees are also doing it in some way or the other because everyone wants tension free life at some stage with permanent income coming after this network creation below u , atleast thats wat i have got to know ,

one person i personally know came out of his misery through this , now lives in a 50lakh house and drives a 20l captiva with swift his secondary city car and often visits abroad and all his circle friends are like that and ever growing , he achieved all this in less than 10 years

i ll never get this lifestyle even when i start earning good in my profession , i can only wonder

MohitPreet said:
one person i personally know came out of his misery through this , now lives in a 50lakh house and drives a 20l captiva with swift his secondary city car and often visits abroad and all his circle friends are like that and ever growing , he achieved all this in less than 10 years
And I can guess that the guy is good in duping people.

The business model of Amway is controversial. It might not be illegal but the way of executing is similar to chain-emails & sms which pisses everyone of us.

And even if it success in generating a stable income, it would cost many relations & friendships.

About foreign trips, I think that requires a huge number of people to be working under your referral.

Regarding Amway , one of my very close relative completely ruined his family life as well as his computer sales and maintainence contract business with big clients because he got too involved into this Amway thing 4-5 years back . It took him almost 2 yrs to get his business and life stable.

Similarly another college friend got involved into something called Ebiz and ruined 2 years of his graduation with continuous year drops.Though he is earning quiet a lot now , once my senior in college has now become my junior :|.

Another such company Ive heard of recently is Speakasiaonline . You have to do some 4-5 surveys every month and you get paid. An initial investment of some 10-11k is required. A friend is into it ,and actually gets cheques of 5-6k per month. I've always had the mindset that all these easy money companies only scam people but looking at his cheques it really made me wonder how they do it . Cause this guys got some ~50k in last 6 months from his investment of 10k :S.

Best part is when you enter the names of any of these companies , google auto fill the next word as "fraud" .

pauldmps said:
And I can guess that the guy is good in duping people.

The business model of Amway is controversial. It might not be illegal but the way of executing is similar to chain-emails & sms which pisses everyone of us.

And even if it success in generating a stable income, it would cost many relations & friendships.

About foreign trips, I think that requires a huge number of people to be working under your referral.
Besides that showing off an opulent lifestyle would go a long way into scamming even more people who join up coz they want that life too. The guy could have simply taken few home and vehicle loans and is probably trying to pay it back using the amway earnings.

And seriously stop whining about a 50k pm salary this early in your life... that is more than enough to have a comfortable and stable lifestyle(though it might not be enough if your happiness lies in being richer than your neighbors/friends) and if you are so dissatisfied with that then I don't think you are going to be satistied even when you start making several lakhs pm.

Seriously speaking from what Ive seen most of my friends/seniors are happy with even 40-50k per month as long as they are into the fields they have always wanted to be in and when their work becomes pleasure . For example know a few people working for big auto magazines etc and they get to drive /review every single supercar etc on Indian roads and at times keep it for weekends etc . Also work involves touring India and other Eurpoean countries in some of the best cars / bikes in the world. Ofcourse they don't get paid very highly but the job satisfaction is on a different level altogether.

If one really enjoys his work ,they pay doesn't become as important. On the other hand most of these other friends who got into IT engineering and are now working with these big companies like Infy,Wipro etc keep sulking about their life in-spite of being paid 70-80k :| . They had always wanted to get into it cause of the money and are still not happy.

No offense to anyone working in IT companies but that's what Ive observed in the last 1-2 years of engineering . Unfortunately if I dont find out what I need exactly , might end up doing the same :ashamed:.

@Mohitpreet , What type of doc are you ? Ive usually seen most docs earning quiet a lot . Have you just started ? Maybe you will earn more once you do your specialization ? You should concentrate on your medical career instead of fast money. I am sure 10 years down the line you will have lot more than this Amway thingie can give you. Most importantly you will be earning by healing people and not duping them ;).

^ well as i said before i only recently finished my MBBS 2 years back , got a govt job some 6 months back , MD is getting difficult each day and with 12th grade dropouts earning more than wat i do , the frustration is bound to happen ,

see it really doesnt matter as long as you are in college studying but only when u get in the field and start earning , ur priorities in life change

i m not saying i want to do this , i wanted an honest opinion abt amway from some one here who has joined amway and is pursuing it and who can guide me a normal TE helpful member not as amway business owner :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

1, 2, 10, 20, 100 , 1000 people can be fools and duped into not lacs, so many joining everyday and increasing the network ,

but still i feel once u r tapped , its but obvious that u will trap others to increase ur network and paycheck and the chain goes on endlessly , since it is endless why not just give it a try as a side thing and may be it can lead somewhere

mohit bro,, as u get experienced in your field u will be drinking money and sleeping on money.. for doctors starting is always slow let few years go by...our value increases as we grow older,,so dont get frustrated and focus on your work

Back