What an Irony!!!Now, Ganguly to have a say on selection

Nikhil

Skilled
After being at the receiving end of the national selectors' whims, Sourav Ganguly now has a chance to right the system.

The former India skipper was on Friday named in a list of six past and present cricketers who would give their views on a number of issues, including overhauling the present system of team selection.

The others in the list are: Dilip Vengsarkar, K Srikkanth, Navjot Singh Sidhu, Rahul Dravid and Sachin Tendulkar, a statement from the Board of Control for Cricket in India said.

These "special invitees" would "examine the present system of selection of national and state teams and of umpires and suggest ways to make them more efficient and foolproof," the statement added.

The BCCI also announced that it has set up an 11-member Special Committee under the chairmanship of Punjab Cricket Association chief I S Bindra to work out ways for optimum utilisation of resources.

The committee has been asked to finalise its report in four weeks.

Other areas the committee will look into include "suggesting efficient ways of utilisation of resources and developing world class infrastructure from grass roots to international level".

SOURCE : http://in.rediff.com/cricket/2006/mar/10gang.htm

Well he cant sack coach :p

And with dravid and sachin being on pannel i wonder what impact ganguly gona have.

This is sad though to be in this position after being sacked...

also today i saw in Times NOW that ganguly s been approached by politicians to support their party. Ans it seems he declined saying that he wants to play cricket for India. I don't know what he means by that. I'm sure chapel going to get fried :eek:hyeah:

EnigmatriX said:
also today i saw in Times NOW that ganguly s been approached by politicians to support their party. Ans it seems he declined saying that he wants to play cricket for India. I don't know what he means by that. I'm sure chapel going to get fried :eek:hyeah:
I dont see that happening. On what besis anyone is gona fire chappel??
he has performed well with the team.
When before we have seen the kind of agressive mentality that current team has shown before??
And this committee is for suggestions only, they dont have any decision making rights from what i have read and heard on news.

well chapel wont be fired but i'm sure with ganguly around he will be questioned a lot. Its personal between ganguly and chapel :eek:hyeah:. But as a coach chapel has done his best.

Coach Chappell is gonna stay for sure...no ganguly can oust him as his performance speaks for himself...on the contrary, it beats me to wonder what Ganguly is doing in the Panel..its better for him to retire with dignity, rather than being dumped again n again :rofl:

Back