What are the best good Mutual Fund management platforms?

Equity options obviously involves risk and not for everyone. The funds with highest returns have the highest risk. Why do you think I didn't invest in stock market or MF's till date? I invested in PF and PPF build some decent savings there and also built some amount of FD's for safety and only after that I have started with MF's.

The effective returns on FD's is not enough to even adjust for inflation anymore. Forget growing, we are gradually depreciating value in FD's.

meaning their value has dropped, if things turn out bad after a few months they could become cheaper still ?

Long term as i understand it is 20 yrs, as you said the highs and lows get smoothed out
Their price is dropped, value is relative. The good and bad is based on the expectation vs actual - for some 12% is good enough, for some even 20% is low. Long term is anything more than 5 years for large/mid cap equity fund. You pick up any good rated equity fund and you will find that their graph has always gone up. But never look at single fund or a single sector for investment, as i said before investment is a meticulous strategy for long term.

Equity options obviously involves risk and not for everyone. The funds with highest returns have the highest risk. Why do you think I didn't invest in stock market or MF's till date? I invested in PF and PPF build some decent savings there and also built some amount of FD's for safety and only after that I have started with MF's.

The effective returns on FD's is not enough to even adjust for inflation anymore. Forget growing, we are gradually depreciating value in FD's.
Well, the MFs are for everyone and if you look at any good Mutual Funds, the returns over 5 or more years has always been positive and beyond any FDs / Fixed Income funds (PF & PPF). It is short term expectations that people panic and causes all the trouble. Time is the market is more important than timing the market. This is one of the reasons why SIPs are doing fantastic even though they actually are for lazy people in my opinion

But they still don't have the safety of FD or PF/PPF which is why every MF advertisement on TV or print includes the "market risk" clause at the end.

On the other hand, PF/PPF is for long term savings. FD's are also a kind of savings today. None of them are suited for growth

True. But as you stated yourself, neither PF and FD can save you from inflation, hence a judious mixture of both equities and fixed income are required to build a good corpus

a point regarding debt funds : they carry risk and mostly offer 8-9% returns.
The best debt instrument is still PF/VPF , as it is an EEE and offers highest assured returns. Currently at 8.55%

Is anyone on the MFUI eCAN platform already for investments in direct plans of AMC's? Can anyone share their experience with MF investments through MFUI

My dad got some funds as his share from selling his ancestral property. To start with and as someone advised he wanted to park some funds in the balanced fund. He wanted to invest a substantial amount in the Reliance Balanced Savings Fund. He has taken the advice of a reputed financial advisor but since he asked me regarding this and as I have no clue on investments, just wanted to check with you all if it is a safe investment as he says he would get a monthly income from this fund. Please also let me know if you will suggest any other funds or other options with monthly income excluding FD's.

Is anyone on the MFUI eCAN platform already for investments in direct plans of AMC's? Can anyone share their experience with MF investments through MFUI

I am using it, specifically because of the direct plan option. Portal is decent, only thing missing for me right now is proper visualization and reporting. They keep adding features and enhancements often so hopefully this will be addressed soon.

My dad got some funds as his share from selling his ancestral property. To start with and as someone advised he wanted to park some funds in the balanced fund. He wanted to invest a substantial amount in the Reliance Balanced Savings Fund. He has taken the advice of a reputed financial advisor but since he asked me regarding this and as I have no clue on investments, just wanted to check with you all if it is a safe investment as he says he would get a monthly income from this fund. Please also let me know if you will suggest any other funds or other options with monthly income excluding FD's.

You can put the entire amount into a liquid fund and every month shift a small portion of it into equity / balanced funds. Ideally you should look at shifting it over a period of 2-3 years to try and avoid the market volatility as sudden dips could wipe out a major portion of your investments if you invest lumpsum.

So far, I have invested in Mutual Funds on Zerodha Coin as well as Kuvera.
Also made some investments in Smallcase.

A colleague of mine at work is also using Zerodha and smallcase. He is investing in 58 Mutual funds and stock of 335 companies. (mostly via smallcase).

I've been using FundsIndia over the last 8 years or so without any issues. They are helpful, the portal is easy to use and they have quite a few value added services like sips based on market value etc etc. I never really used all of that though and didn't even use their advisory service much as I would do my own research and invest.

Recently shifted to Kuvera to save on the commissions and they have been hassle free too with very prompt replies to any questions. The platform is still very basic compared to FundsIndia but works well and they have been adding features so should get better with time.

I've been using FundsIndia over the last 8 years or so without any issues. They are helpful, the portal is easy to use and they have quite a few value added services like sips based on market value etc etc. I never really used all of that though and didn't even use their advisory service much as I would do my own research and invest.

Recently shifted to Kuvera to save on the commissions and they have been hassle free too with very prompt replies to any questions. The platform is still very basic compared to FundsIndia but works well and they have been adding features so should get better with time.
how much return you got ?

15-18 percent annualised returns on equity and 8-9 percent on debt.
ok, im thinking to start on scripbox, fundsindia and goalwise each at 5000 rs each / month. How is my idea ? 15k is the what i save every month till dec. Post that i will save 30-32 k from 2019.

ok, im thinking to start on scripbox, fundsindia and goalwise each at 5000 rs each / month. How is my idea ? 15k is the what i save every month till dec. Post that i will save 30-32 k from 2019.
Why invest through multiple platforms? Choose one and invest. Keep in mind that all these platforms offer only the regular mutual funds and not direct plans so if you know what you are doing, investing in direct funds makes sense as you'll save on the upfront and trail commissions which will amount to quite a bit in the long run.

Why invest through multiple platforms? Choose one and invest. Keep in mind that all these platforms offer only the regular mutual funds and not direct plans so if you know what you are doing, investing in direct funds makes sense as you'll save on the upfront and trail commissions which will amount to quite a bit in the long run.
With direct funds i will need to choose the funds myself and research on them etc. These guys keep choosing and changing to best funds iirc so seems hassle free. are the commissions really that high?

Back