What are the best good Mutual Fund management platforms?

Yes, its intentional. I have some decent amount of funds set side in fixed deposits and also about 10+ lac build up each in PF & PPF. That's why I am investing in only Equity funds. Apart from above funds, I have started SIP in SBI Smallcap Fund and may add one more to make a total of 8. Will not go beyond that.

I also have invested about 70K in smallcase and stock.
Whats ur age? You have good savings

Well, I am not young. In the late 30's. Didn't bother with Equity or Mutual funds during my early career and only built up FD's, PF and PPF. Much of my early savings (Nearly 80 Lac) were also spent towards purchase of a flat and to repay loan taken for it.

Well, I am not young. In the late 30's. Didn't bother with Equity or Mutual funds during my early career and only built up FD's, PF and PPF. Much of my early savings (Nearly 80 Lac) were also spent towards purchase of a flat and to repay loan taken for it.
Thats nice. Owning a home is a unfulfilled dream for 90% indians. Glad you made it

You're not alone. Most of my early career earnings went into my own flat as well in Mumbai. Purchase of which I got luck in 2009 even though it was a necessity, it has appreciated more than handsomely since then. However the repayment of the loans and other expenses does make an impact on growing sufficient other investments over the same time as well. So in my mid 30's now I'm doing a bit of catch up as well. The point being.. the best time to start it was when you start earning.. The next best time is now. Cheers

This might be a off topic. I had invested some amount through a financial advisor for transacting through NMF II platform. I received the IIN number but not the password. Later I found that I need to transact any funds transaction through the financial advisor only. The financial advisor is not helping me to place the funds where I need and also not authorizing me to transact through the NMF II platform. How can I get my NMF II credentials directly without the help of the financial advisor?

This might be a off topic. I had invested some amount through a financial advisor for transacting through NMF II platform. I received the IIN number but not the password. Later I found that I need to transact any funds transaction through the financial advisor only. The financial advisor is not helping me to place the funds where I need and also not authorizing me to transact through the NMF II platform. How can I get my NMF II credentials directly without the help of the financial advisor?
You don't need to use NMF II platform for investing. In NMF II platform, you can only invest in regular mutual funds. You should always invest in direct plan. If you have already invested in Mutual Funds, it means your KYC is already in place. You can use https://mycams.camsonline.com/ or http://kuvera.in/ for investing in mutual funds. These platforms are free and allow you to invest in direct plan.

You don't need to use NMF II platform for investing. In NMF II platform, you can only invest in regular mutual funds. You should always invest in direct plan. If you have already invested in Mutual Funds, it means your KYC is already in place. You can use https://mycams.camsonline.com/ or http://kuvera.in/ for investing in mutual funds. These platforms are free and allow you to invest in direct plan.
Yes, the KYC is in place. Some funds have already been invested through NMF II platform by this financial advisor. Since it has not been a year now I will face exit load if I opt out of any of the funds he had invested. How can I directly take control of my funds and invest now without the help of this financial advisor since he is not helping me with the credentials of NMF II.

^^ You can stop any further SIP's for the investment already made and open new funds of your choice through Kuvera. After the one year is up, exit from those funds.

Alternatively, Kuvera offers you facility to convert regular to direct MF's. I don't know the mechanics of it though.

https://kuvera.in/switch

Yes, the KYC is in place. Some funds have already been invested through NMF II platform by this financial advisor. Since it has not been a year now I will face exit load if I opt out of any of the funds he had invested. How can I directly take control of my funds and invest now without the help of this financial advisor since he is not helping me with the credentials of NMF II.
You can stop current SIPs and start new SIPs in same scheme via Kuvera in direct plan. If your fund house is served by CAMS, then you can login to MyCams and your existing portfolios will show up there. You can start SIP in same portfolio in direct plan. Just register and login to https://mycams.camsonline.com/ once to check.

^^ You need to convert the MF to direct fund first or start a new folio altogether. You can import regular fund portfolio and continue paying SIP's on them from Kuvera, but the plan would still be treated as regular plan and commission will keep going to the original source.

You can stop current SIPs and start new SIPs in same scheme via Kuvera in direct plan. If your fund house is served by CAMS, then you can login to MyCams and your existing portfolios will show up there. You can start SIP in same portfolio in direct plan. Just register and login to https://mycams.camsonline.com/ once to check.
Yes, Thanks for this information. I registered in CAMS and I was able to see my investments. Now can I move out some funds through CAMS portal to other funds that is can I move it from the existing funds to other funds.

^^ You need to convert the MF to direct fund first or start a new folio altogether. You can import regular fund portfolio and continue paying SIP's on them from Kuvera, but the plan would still be treated as regular plan and commission will keep going to the original source.
No need to create new folio, I have a folio where I am investing in both regular as well as direct plan.

Yes, Thanks for this information. I registered in CAMS and I was able to see my investments. Now can I move out some funds through CAMS portal to other funds that is can I move it from the existing funds to other funds.
Yes, you can switch the funds if they are under same fund house. If you want to invest in scheme of different fund house then you have to redeem those and then invest. Note that switching might attract STCG/LTCG/Exit Load as applicable.

Any of you guys use ETMoney app to invest? They have now moved to offering investments in direct plans rather than regular plans as they did earlier.

They're also running a limited period free membership scheme based on sharing an account creation link.

Has anyone had any experience with them?? I'm usually weary of using non banking platforms to share and use banking information/investments etc but in this case they do have a solid brand reputation backing them

I would recommend Kuvera instead. Very solid platform for direct mutual funds.

I'm on mfutility currently and am pretty happy with it.

The interface is pretty rudimentary going by today's standards but works quite well once set up. The only issue is for portfolio tracking and breakup..I rely on etmoney and VRO.

Now with Etmoney also offering the direct plans.. it becomes a one stop shop for everything MF related

Are there any monthly income mf's please suggest some good ones. I want to invest some lumpsum amount (not huge). Nice info thread on mf's.

1. You should not invest lumpsum amounts in mutual funds or at least the equity finds. SIP is correct way to invest as you will be able to weather market volatility. You can invest in some fairly stable liquid fund and setup STP to a equity mutual fund.
2. Dividend funds are not a reliable source of regular income as dividend payout can be variable.
3. Monthly income through MF's is best achieved by investing in growth funds or debt funds for long term and then setting up SWP to withdraw fixed income of you choice.

What ARE good options for lumpsum investments? Under 1cr, under 10L and under 1L.

Bank FDs, Co-op Bank/Society FDs, etc. ?

Anyone visits r/wallstreetbets ? amazing place.

Also heard zerodha is a good place. havnt used it though.

Back