What are the best good Mutual Fund management platforms?

Can you provide some good names in which we can invest so that we can get good returns.Just as a begineer through which mutual fund we should start to invest and how long do we have to wait to see the benefit?

No body can or should give such very specific advise on choice of funds online. MF's have risk associated and it is not right for you to invest your life's earnings based on somebody else's advise on choice of funds. There are a lot of things to consider. Your risk appetite, income, future income growth, assets and liabilities, your life style, marital status and children etc and most importantly goals. People save for various reasons. It could be for their children's future, for their own retirement, or just to build a corpus.

Only you yourself and may be a personal financial adviser who understands your profile is qualified to choose for you. So, you should rather study how MF's work, risks involved, kinds of funds etc. then understand your own requirements and investor profile and choose based on that. Platforms like Valueresearch can help you research funds in different categories. Kuvera too allows you enter various personal details, setup some goals and gives some advice on funds that should go into your portfolio to meet that goal. But you should not take that advice blindly either. At the end of it all, you should be content that you are investing in funds that you acknowledge to be meaningful for your goals.

@John4321 I'm no expert, but the general consensus with regard to timeframes is that you need to be invested for at least 5 years plus.

Of course, it all depends. But as anecdotal evidence, my better half had an SIP throughout 2007, that began in Jan 2007 and ended in Dec 2007. The 2008 market crash happened. Neither added/averaged, nor booked out/redeemed. So possibly the worse way to be doing an SIP. In Jan 2018, the amount in one fund had more than tripled iinm, while in another (an international fund), it had appreciated by 50%.

So my guess is 10 years plus is a good timeframe to have, rather than 5, because it means that you could get in at the worst possible time & still survive. (Based on anecdotal evidence, of course).

One thing you could do is look at the 'Rolling Returns' of various mutual funds at various time frames. That'll help you gauge better the returns that you can expect at different points of the market cycle. (Advisorkhoj has a tool that I feel is easiest to understand). HTH.

Edit: Just realize that it's a gamble. The longer timeframes only reduce the gambling element somewhat, but never completely eliminate it.

Last edited:
I have seen a rise in the interest of people towards the mutual funds in India as people are investing in smaller amounts at different platforms. You need to research well about the vendor of your choice in order to grab the right platform. Thank you so much!

Guys whats a good option for saving tax elss? Ever mutual fund seems down in last year so which to go for? 2019 also lòoks to be a close contest and fractured mandate so markets will be further hit. Is it better to take assured return 5 year fds and other postal schemes this year? I just need to invest 1 lakh for tax saving.

Guys whats a good option for saving tax elss? Ever mutual fund seems down in last year so which to go for? 2019 also lòoks to be a close contest and fractured mandate so markets will be further hit. Is it better to take assured return 5 year fds and other postal schemes this year? I just need to invest 1 lakh for tax saving.
Check with an accountant or finance dept to understand maximum exemptions applicable to you and your options.

5 year is a long time and equity investment like ELSS should be fine.

Investment in any equity mutual funds should not be done in such big lump sums. Monthy SIPs should be done to negate the possible impact of market volatility. ELSS is fine, but putting 1 lac in a go is highly risky.

Back