What can I do after a very long gap in employment?

6pack

ex-Mod
Was working as a graphics designer for about 15+ years. I had reached a plateau and work was such that either it was mentoring newbies or filling project management forms etc. Salary did not increase for years so I left to do something on my own.

I wasted one year trying to figure out what to do. Then I thought I could do something in Android development. Didnt know coding (just knew javascript and actionscript used in Flash), so I learnt Java and tries learning android using eclipse and android studio. Did 2-3 courses from udacity and udemy in past 2 years. don't ask why it took me so long, cause there were some family matters that took precedence over study.

Worst part of learning android was, how everything changes quickly. every year, google just deprecates stuff that you learn and what i learnt got outdated fast. I think because of this i lost interest in learning android. felt like i wasted time and money for no reason.

So, now i need a job cause my bank balance is depleting fast. I''ll go broke in 3-4 months. I'm out of touch in graphics. I installed photoshop but didnt like to do anything on it. i think i dont like graphics now.

I learnt hardware after completing college but have no certificate.
What can i learn in one month for free and get a job so i can earn 20-30k per month?

Tough to learn something in one month and earn 20-30 k
Why dont you teach graphic designing ? Just being out 1 year cant take away 15 yrs experience.
Also freelance projects online or through network.
Social media is quite fast to learn and start work on. you can look into it

Are you trolling here or what ?

Ha ha. I know FB etc, but didn't know how they are used to make money. I had to look up Wikipedia to know more on this topic. I'll probably look at some free udemy lectures on this topic.

@swagatrath, one of my old friends told me the same thing. Told me to learn PHP too.

How is Amazon web services? Is it in demand?

better get back to graphic designing, you will earn 25-30k in it. also do freelancing graphics work on side and earn lil more. You can also learn to be a developer for wordpress. wordpress u get like everything help guides etc avail online and is easy to learn. a designer plus developer combo will get you 30-40k salary once u get the hang of it and are quick.

Back