What do you wear at home instead of pants?

unni

Adept
I grew up in a small town and didn't really bother about what to wear at home. Earlier, I just used to wear old nearly worn out pants. Recently, thought of moving to something better. I tried a couple of track pants. 2 of them bought for Rs. 500 each (from Big Bazaar) got damaged within 1-2 weeks. 3rd one (Hanes) bought for Rs 700 has started loosing thread at some places already, though it lasted around 4 months. Looks like good quality track pants may be above 1000, which I don't want to spend.

So was wondering what do you guys wear at home for lower body. I am looking for an alternative to pants that is cheap, comfortable, long lasting (at least 2 years) that I can wear in front of guests also.

Last edited:
I wear those lounge shorts. I have both Proline add Symbol brand. Before that i bought some nameless brand from DMart and they disintegrated in 2-3 washes.

I grew up in a small town and didn't really bother about what to wear at home. Earlier, I just used to wear old nearly worn out pants. Recently, thought of moving to something better. I tried a couple of track pants. 2 of them bought for Rs. 500 each (from Big Bazaar) got damaged within 1-2 weeks. 3rd one (Hanes) bought for Rs 700 has started loosing thread at some places already, though it lasted around 4 months. Looks like good quality track pants may be above 1000, which I don't want to spend.

So was wondering what do you guys wear at home for lower body. I am looking for an alternative to pants that is cheap, comfortable, long lasting (at least 2 years) that I can wear in front of guests also.
You come from south India

So Lungi or mundu is obligatory :D

Nothing on top is optional but common

Across the bay they call it a sarong. Ones from Bali look good.

Last edited:
Lungi is the best in hot climate , most comfortable , don't use underwear with it , once u get used to it you will never touch those pajamas or boxers . u can use it as a blanket too if it gets cold ;)

Lungi is the best in hot climate , most comfortable , don't use underwear with it , once u get used to it you will never touch those pajamas or boxers . u can use it as a blanket too if it gets cold ;)
Problem was solved centuries ago. And so many countries in the region adopted it. So its a working solution. Our clothes are fit for purpose for our weather.

Back