CPU/Mobo What does 140w CPU support means

Hi everybody

Today I bought AMD Phenom 720 here in New Delhi, now I need mobo and I was looking for Gigabyte GA-MA78G-DS3H- Rev 2.0 which I could not find it. Same model Rev 1.0 is available. The difference between two I found that Rev 2.0 supports 140W CPU. I think there is no other difference. So please let me know should I buy this ir look for something else. Biostar I m not considering co Gigabyte has better inboard sound and all solid capciators. So what do u think what should I do.
Thanks

Older high end Phenom like 9950BE and 9850 BE used to have 140W TDP[Thermal Design Power] , you need not to worry about it.. AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE has 95W TDP .. Get the Gigabyte board :)

If you bound to go for 780G go for Asus M3A78-EM. Great stable board with 140W support. Though darkstar is right 720 is just 95W. But still I would recommend you to go for 790G.

BTW, Please let me know from where an for how much did you bought the Phenom II 720?

Thanks for your suggestions, I got it for Rs 8350 from. Prime computers, actually it's not available I gave the demand and he got me after 3 days. About mobo I need ATX motherboard.

Prime in Delhi??
And for your Mobo if you want to go for ATX then why not go with 790GX. Has SB750 south Bridge supporting ACC. You may even get lucky and get your 4th Core unlocked using ACC.

Ankurkh1 said:
Prime in Delhi??
And for your Mobo if you want to go for ATX then why not go with 790GX. Has SB750 south Bridge supporting ACC. You may even get lucky and get your 4th Core unlocked using ACC.
why not try unlocking 4th core as suggested..maybe u maybe the first TE member to get it unlocked..also CPU batch matters....:)

TE member Swift has also purchased the same CPU with Gigabyte 790Gx, after selecting auto in BIOS he did not get any display. So I don't believe that 4th core can work properly. Biostar will be best for unlocking.

All good brand 790 Gx are too costly can't afford them. That's why choosing this .

Thanks

Back