What does a Skilled Software developer require in terms of Hardware and Software

Shanpav12

Disciple
Heelo,
I know I smell foolish but I am always confused at this thing, When IDEs, Tools for Software developement used are quiring a good amount of Ram, HDD space and some time GPU acceleration like Adobes CS4.
I have a Core 2 duo CPu,2 GB Ram, 160 GB HDD and No Discreat GPU, I want to be able to develope and learn how to create big complex piece of softwares in C++,Java, PHP MSQl Etc in this PC would it be enough as i dont now how much Processing power does a big project requires to develope like writing a whole Linux distro after getting Linux Kernel only example asking.And Can be a samll piece of software that requires less resorces be very complex, I dont now If can u tell me I will be very happy.
Thanks

Is watch making more complex than a 15 kg table construction ? You tell me.

Same ways less resources doesn't mean the final application can't be complex. But in an office environment an IDE is almost always used for development eg Eclipse, Netbeans IDE, JDeveloper, MS Visual Studio etc. 2GB Ram of your machine is good enough to run servers also. Besides Java and C++ coding can be done in a notepad, compiled and run via DOS. And it can be complex also. But a proper development environment gives more power to the developer.

Yes a very small software written only in a text editor can be much more complex than the shiny GUI's one creates with IDEs.

BTW, the title of the topic doesn't reflect whats being asked.

Thanks to all who guided and rescued me from my foolish and puzzled Question & not to those who are opening English dictionary GForce ,I am in a hurr wrote the question and i have not mastered typing so the error occured, If you think Its bad dont comment and answer the question but dont pinch others,

By the way Checksum, I was so confused don't know how to give heading Sorry

Thanks

Back