What exactly is Government of India doing?

This is what India has become...worse than African countries!! ( Edited China out, hoping India hasn't crossed that limit of barbarian activities. .itching to leak out China's cruelty against mankind)
People below poverty line, if lucky, get some media media attention.
It's the middle class, who has to suffer, even die in silence. Their votes don't count, they can't make huge donations for political parties before elections, so they are disposable.
Really sad state of affairs.
how are you doing? feeling better now?

It will be millions, but then India wouldn't be able to afford for a single day of lockdown.
Please try to understand one thing, how can the infection rise 35 times without community transmission and the harshest lockdown.
The harshest lockdown? Nah. The lockdown is like 70% effective I will say, maybe even less. People are still wandering about the streets, some are going out daily to purchase stuffs. This is just a lockdown in name. If they want a proper lockdown, instead of police we need armies on the roads.

Whats the reason behind this?

Crude prices have cratered quite a bit from 75 USD to below 25 USD a barrel.

Well, I am not surprised. They must be trying to meet their revenue shortfalls as they've deferred a lot of statutory deadlines ranging from 3 to even 6 months. And the government would want to be the last entity to make salary cuts for their staff which apparently seems to be working every day. Plus it's better than asking for oil bonds as at this point, it would only end worse than the last time.

It's also important to note that the hike will not result in an increase in retail prices for the consumers as the governments are only trying to offset the savings made owing to the reduction in barrel costs. As a result it stands to make 1.6 lakh crores this fiscal which should help the cash strapped government infuse working capital towards various development expenditures.

Something which Deccan Herald conveniently failed to mention in their headline.

Last edited:
how are you doing? feeling better now?
Much better, thanks for asking. Forgot how many times went through RT PCR, all negatives.
Post automatically merged:

The harshest lockdown? Nah. The lockdown is like 70% effective I will say, maybe even less. People are still wandering about the streets, some are going out daily to purchase stuffs. This is just a lockdown in name. If they want a proper lockdown, instead of police we need armies on the roads.
You haven't seen lockdowns in other countries. And I haven't seen what's it like in India, on papers it was the harshest. Lockdown in Spain was also very strict.

What is the reason this happened and who is responsible ?

PM inaugurated the one nation one ration card scheme. It was up to the states to implement it. Some did and other did not.

The ones that did not are the root cause here. Delhi, UP, Bihar, TN, Orissa.

Why ? Opposing for the sake of it.

Ration cards will not be portable otherwise. Too much paperwork involved to get it transferred from your village to the city.

It does not help if Maha, Karanataka, Andhra implement it but the states these migrants come from do not.

The end result is you cannot eat and have to go back to your village.

A completely avoidable problem and should not have been a problem in 2020 which is what the targeted date for nation wide operation was to be.

We had portable ATM cards twenty years ago. Yet the ration card is still stuck in the 80s ?

My concern is for the employers who do not have a workforce now and the disruption to goods & services that they provide to the public.

Some states have joined now. maybe this crisis will fix some stupid things that had to be done and were not.

Last week one of my friends family managed to call a saloon personal at their residence and all the males at home went bald right from 4yr old kid to 60+ grandpa. It costed them around 3k but they said they are good for next 6 months.
Reason was current extreme summers and govt not going to allow saloons to operate at least for this year.

Another friend literally ordered innerwears, tees, shorts, babywear, plasticware etc. for the entire family from aliexpress as their family too fells govt is simply playing baseless games and they too dont trust them on such basic shops to get reopened. As postal services have resumed they are sure their parcels might arrive at least in 40 days and he wont mind paying any customs as well.

One person in my society manages to get bottled petrol from someone & in past 1 month he got full tank in his bike and car as well. When asked, he said govt is simply pathetic, one day they announce pumps opened for all and he next day it blackouts.

In general peoples opinion, what govt wants the people is to just eat medicines and food to survive, rest all is shit useless according to them.
All hopes of basic normalization are sinking for such people as yes its true as well.

^^ This happens when a bunch of barely literate lunatics run a country.
Centre will release one after another contradictory orders, the States will get utterly confused, everyone will blame one another and the common people will suffer continuously.
When a PM of a country cannot spell better than a 5 year old and only specialized inciting religious riots, what else did you expect?
Hats off to people of India for keeping piece this long.
This circus will continue until the people start breaking the law en mass/ die at random ( it will start by late May/ June) / more than 60 percent loose their jobs.
Then government will happily start blaming public by then. It's a win win situation for them ( blaming public has already started, never seen this even in Africa, there are people in India who are blaming doctors for spreading the virus, amazing situation really)

Last week one of my friends family managed to call a saloon personal at their residence and all the males at home went bald right from 4yr old kid to 60+ grandpa. It costed them around 3k but they said they are good for next 6 months.
Reason was current extreme summers and govt not going to allow saloons to operate at least for this year.

Another friend literally ordered innerwears, tees, shorts, babywear, plasticware etc. for the entire family from aliexpress as their family too fells govt is simply playing baseless games and they too dont trust them on such basic shops to get reopened. As postal services have resumed they are sure their parcels might arrive at least in 40 days and he wont mind paying any customs as well.

One person in my society manages to get bottled petrol from someone & in past 1 month he got full tank in his bike and car as well. When asked, he said govt is simply pathetic, one day they announce pumps opened for all and he next day it blackouts.

In general peoples opinion, what govt wants the people is to just eat medicines and food to survive, rest all is shit useless according to them.
All hopes of basic normalization are sinking for such people as yes its true as well.
longer hair never killed anyone. Corona Does.
lack of innerwear or innerwear with holes never killed anyone. corona does.
Empty petrol tank never killed anyone. Corona does. BTW I do not know why he needed a tank full in lock down. Either they are flaunting lock down or they are in essential services. If they are latter, they could get petrol at petrol station.
The governments objective is clear. You should not die of hunger nor corona. If your friends have a different opinion, then they need to re-evaluate their priorities.

-----

I wonder how would people react to this lockdown if this was the bubonic plague and not the corona. I believe people do not take it seriously because they think it is just the flu. Personally I think they would take this a whole lot seriously and self isolate more willingly rather than blame the government for lockdown.

Last edited:
longer hair never killed anyone. Corona Does.
lack of innerwear or innerwear with holes never killed anyone. corona does.
Empty petrol tank never killed anyone. Corona does. BTW I do not know why he needed a tank full in lock down. Either they are flaunting lock down or they are in essential services. If they are latter, they could get petrol at petrol station.
The governments objective is clear. You should not die of hunger nor corona. If your friends have a different opinion, then they need to re-evaluate their priorities.

-----

I wonder how would people react to this lockdown if this was the bubonic plague and not the corona. I believe people do not take it seriously because they think it is just the flu. Personally I think they would take this a whole lot seriously and self isolate more willingly rather than blame the government for lockdown.
Not to backup any of these incidents but logically dude hygiene is also important, what if you get infections in this sweating summers on scalp, neckline zone and what about skin diseases on your private parts with those holes?
Who wants to risk more infections? And then there are those doctors just waiting for such patients to loot. If you dont know a dermatologists easily charges 800 -1000 bucks and in this situation they can go to any extent. Then the treatment as well comes at a cost.

And someone will make his such unhygienic clothes wore to their newborns?

Petrol, nobody wants to run through those police stations to get that daily badge for refilling petrol, there are old age people at home and if anything happens no auto or uber is going to come at rescue but only personal vehicles. So its better to be prepared. There is lot more to come you never know whats the next lame move. Its always better to be full tanked and armored and stocked.

Anyways enjoy your budding with govt and those bullet holed undies and hygiene.
Soon people are going to get frustrated and may be even riot or take matters in their own hands.
If you are one of those nerds whole day happily locked in a room with your Xbox ps then lockdown does affect such people.

Centre will release one after another contradictory orders, the States will get utterly confused, everyone will blame one another and the common people will suffer continuously.
When a PM of a country cannot spell better than a 5 year old and only specialized inciting religious riots, what else did you expect?
This circus will continue until the people start breaking the law en mass/ die at random ( it will start by late May/ June) / more than 60 percent loose their jobs.
Then government will happily start blaming public by then. It's a win win situation for them ( blaming public has already started, never seen this even in Africa, there are people in India who are blaming doctors for spreading the virus, amazing situation really)
This govt. itself is in panic mode since day one and was unsure how to handle the scenario. They should have long imposed the lockdown in Feb itself when the world was getting affected. But our merciful govt invited everything from around the globe to local religious stuff. Airports should have been sealed in the first zone. Now as well they are showing mercy on laborers to freely go to their villages.
Govt shall instead offer them sufficient monetary and shelter support else this is surely going to do more bad. They want to win few hearts for next elections clearly.

Last edited:
no government either centre or state wants blame for increase in covid19 cases.

This govt. itself is in panic mode since day one and was unsure how to handle the scenario. They should have long imposed the lockdown in Feb itself when the world was getting affected. But our merciful govt invited everything from around the globe to local religious stuff. Airports should have been sealed in the first zone. Now as well they are showing mercy on laborers to freely go to their villages.
Govt shall instead offer them sufficient monetary and shelter support else this is surely going to do more bad. They want to win few hearts for next elections clearly.
In Feb india had 3 cases how can the govt impose lockdown.

Mate, I have seen lockdowns in at least 4 countries (Praha, Poland, Spain, France)
But not in India.
From what I can understand after watching few Indian TV channels and working with ICMR ( and frequently chatting with them about the situation in India), it seems to me, Indians are taking this more seriously than any other countries.
Most middle-class Indians with private jobs seem to have forgotten how insecure they are ( as if Modi will personally take care of their families)
In Europe, such people are way more concerned about their jobs/ financial situation [the countries I mentioned provide free proper healthcare (thousand times better than India) along with other social securities (non existent in India)]...
I fail to comprehend where exactly will India land in 3 months time...I'm no economist but have lived most of my life in India and fully aware of the condition of middle class families ( and how they compare with even poorer central/ eastern European countries)

no government either centre or state wants blame for increase in covid19 cases.

In Feb india had 3 cases how can the govt impose lockdown.
Please try to understand a very simple fact.
The INDIAN LOCKDOWN WAS NOT FOR PREVENTION OF THE EPIDEMIC.
It was purely another political decision with ill intent.
Indian government historically never took anything seriously when it was about public health (until there were international pressure)
If you read history of polio eradication, you will find how far behind Indians were untill political pressure started mounting.
This lockdown was another master stroke of the reigning king of India. Gandhis ( I have zero respect for them also) were getting too old and boring as scapegoats, jawans posted at top of Mt.Everest themselves got irritated by constant reference for everything. It was time to find a new anti-national...what's better than common people don't give a damn about hindu- Muslims and mind their own business, pay taxes in time?

Last edited:
Not to backup any of these incidents but logically dude hygiene is also important, what if you get infections in this sweating summers on scalp, neckline zone and what about skin diseases on your private parts with those holes?
Who wants to risk more infections? And then there are those doctors just waiting for such patients to loot. If you dont know a dermatologists easily charges 800 -1000 bucks and in this situation they can go to any extent. Then the treatment as well comes at a cost.

And someone will make his such unhygienic clothes wore to their newborns?

Petrol, nobody wants to run through those police stations to get that daily badge for refilling petrol, there are old age people at home and if anything happens no auto or uber is going to come at rescue but only personal vehicles. So its better to be prepared. There is lot more to come you never know whats the next lame move. Its always better to be full tanked and armored and stocked.

Anyways enjoy your budding with govt and those bullet holed undies and hygiene.
Soon people are going to get frustrated and may be even riot or take matters in their own hands.
If you are one of those nerds whole day happily locked in a room with your Xbox ps then lockdown does affect such people.

You ARE backing up these behaviour which you should be not. Sincerely ask yourself, interacting with outside people in such a situation, is it worth the risk? Does skin infection kill anyone? Buying petrol from someone and risking infection which could lead to infection of old age people at home? is it justified?

Mate, I have seen lockdowns in at least 4 countries (Praha, Poland, Spain, France)
But not in India.
From what I can understand after watching few Indian TV channels and working with ICMR ( and frequently chatting with them about the situation in India), it seems to me, Indians are taking this more seriously than any other countries.
Most middle-class Indians with private jobs seem to have forgotten how insecure they are ( as if Modi will personally take care of their families)
In Europe, such people are way more concerned about their jobs/ financial situation [the countries I mentioned provide free proper healthcare (thousand times better than India) along with other social securities (non existent in India)]...
I fail to comprehend where exactly will India land in 3 months time...I'm no economist but have lived most of my life in India and fully aware of the condition of middle class families ( and how they compare with even poorer central/ eastern European countries)

Indian government historically never took anything seriously when it was about public health (until there were international pressure)
If you read history of polio eradication, you will find how far behind Indians were untill political pressure started mounting.
This lockdown was another master stroke of the reigning king of India. Gandhis ( I have zero respect for them also) were getting too old and boring as scapegoats, jawans posted at top of Mt.Everest themselves got irritated by constant reference for everything. It was time to find a new anti-national...what's better than common people don't give a damn about hindu- Muslims and mind their own business, pay taxes in time?

Come on man! what Ill intent?

I know lockdown is done to coverup the ill healthcare system

Come on man! what Ill intent?
1. Did they forget about millions of migratory workers, living hand to mouth?
2. Why give the nation shock after shock ( lockdown/ extension of it TWICE) without any official warning? No country did that. It was like surgical strike on PM's own country.
3. If the lockdown was such an emergency, where were the emergency plans? Less than 1000 cases in a country of 133 crores ( that too supposedly without community spread) Each and every contact was traceable extensively within 48-72 hours.
We traced 11565 contacts in Madrid in a week amidst a full blown epidemic.
4. How much time does one need to trace every contact without community transmission.
5. Why there wasn't a single set of PPE before the doctors started protesting?
6.Where is mylab kit?
7. Why have ICMR as the apex medical body where none has ever seen an epidemic in life?
8. Why did it take till April to make the first epidemiological map of a red zone? ( That too made by a "foreigner" "anti national"
9. Why the relief package is the smallest while the lockdown was the harshest?
10.What was the reason behind introduction of serology and withdrawal within 3 days?
11. Why of all people, Naresh Trehan will decide policies against an epidemic? Has he ever been to any epidemic or manage anything remotely related to public health? ( Simply because, he doesn't have a spine to tell the truth/ or in blissful ignorance, he forgot the definition of epidemic/ endemic/ epidemiology. He doesn't know anything about case control, cohort and other very basic things.
Just got started, these are nothing,
Can ask 50 more questions to back my claim of ill intent of government ( no wonder they blocked my twitter so many times)

The great dictator will rot in hell for putting so many lives at stake.
He is doing NOTHING other than giving rubbish speeches (like on Buddha Purnima)
This guy is getting more intolerable day by day. ****ing murderer.
We make fun of Trump, but he has the courage to appear in front of press and get hammered on daily basis.
This king sends some clowns from health ministry, who talk through their rear holes.

Last edited:
^^ Really pathetic, I used to think this guy was just another stupid doctor, isn't he?
These secretary/ manager type of individuals are everywhere!!
Our DG Tedros (who used to be a good administrator and never interfered with medical doctors before) has become one of these.
If the structure of WHO doesn't change soon, all consultants will resign.
Since February we were telling him about the hopeless vaccine situation and requesting for his announcement that a vaccine will possibly never come. Yet, he kept on delaying it.
When the Oxford attempt went belly up, the virologists threatened to quit, then only he made it public.
His endless stupidities have made our lives and work difficult.
Hopefully under pressure from Trump, WHO will get rid of these managers. When Margaret was our DG, things were so much better. She was our leader, but she was also just like us, another soldier. I've only worked with her for 7 years, she constantly made fun of my hair, tattoos ( I was the youngest consultant at that time) but never felt disrespected in any way. The rare meetings were fun ( no manager types to take note of what's being said every minute, as those were brainstorming sessions where everyone could join in with their opinion)
During ebola she was the first person to raise the red flag of the airfares. And everybody stayed back in Africa. No questions asked.
This time when I requested for release from Spain, Tedros granted it immediately, but sent another mail the same evening to go to NYC.
I simply refused and sent him a mail and blasted his secretary over phone. Nothing happened, just came back home, no communication from his office regarding US posting.
How does something like WHO run like this? It needs a complete restructure, otherwise I'm not going back. There are plenty of openings for teaching faculties all across Europe. And there's CDC with their always open offer. But USA is a shitty country. It's much better here.

7/10 people are so scared of dying that when I discuss about normalizing lockdowns they reply in haste: Do you prefer death or hiding? Do you wanna die? and shit...
I mean wtf is wrong with such people.

These idiots are praising and blindly following govt. with utmost blind belief as if govt is the next corona god rescue for them and they are even ready to blindly sacrifice themselves if the need arises.
These morons will even stay in such lockdown state for another year or even decade as long as death doesn't touch them. Must say it is too much hilarious and a ROFL moment speaking with such losers. Pity, mercy and shame on such hopeless lost people...
This reminds they still believe in superstitions an out of the box magic this govt. is going to bring to them. Good luck on their hopes.

Just to add, govt. is acting so shitty that the real sub-green zones are also incl. in red and entire region is needlessly marked as red zone. Great job! Then why even categorize in color when you are interested in only Red?

Back