What exactly is Government of India doing?

USA/russia doing 2 lakh testing per day, india population needs 8 lakh per day we r doing 80k so we need 10x more labs n testing kits i dont think with our bad healthcare system we will able to achieve it. so covid19 will revive in india time to time.

7/10 people are so scared of dying that when I discuss about normalizing lockdowns they reply in haste: Do you prefer death or hiding? Do you wanna die? and shit...
I mean wtf is wrong with such people.

These idiots are praising and blindly following govt. with utmost blind belief as if govt is the next corona god rescue for them and they are even ready to blindly sacrifice themselves if the need arises.
These morons will even stay in such lockdown state for another year or even decade as long as death doesn't touch them. Must say it is too much hilarious and a ROFL moment speaking with such losers. Pity, mercy and shame on such hopeless lost people...
This reminds they still believe in superstitions an out of the box magic this govt. is going to bring to them. Good luck on their hopes.

Just to add, govt. is acting so shitty that the real sub-green zones are also incl. in red and entire region is needlessly marked as red zone. Great job! Then why even categorize in color when you are interested in only Red?

News channels and Social Media are to blame, people keep bouncing off these news articles/reports with dramatic music in the background 24/7 to their friends and relatives via FB/whatsApp, a lot of people are suffering psychologically as a result.
The govt. doesn't even have to do anything because the people have imposed the lockdown on themselves, they will keep extending as long as the people are compliant.

We haven't even crossed 2000 deaths, out of which at least half were probably over the age of 55 and that's not taking co-morbidities and other complications into account so the chances of dying of CV in India are still one in a million.
Germany had thrice the amount of cases and deaths and they have lifted the lockdown with certain restrictions while our local leaders keep making one stupid decision after another like keeping shops open only for a few hours everyday, specialty shops open on alternate days, gangajal research, etc
At this rate more people are going to die of hunger and poverty than the virus itself.

^^ Media is pretty much same everywhere. Corona is the only news they have.
However here in Praha, government is actively trying to send at least some people to work with free bus passes etc ( of course with adequate distancing and all). Just opposite to Indian government.

Just see how transparent the government policy can be. ( Sorry, it's the only English site I could find, things are way more clear in our language)

^^ Media is pretty much same everywhere. Corona is the only news they have.
However here in Praha, government is actively trying to send at least some people to work with free bus passes etc ( of course with adequate distancing and all). Just opposite to Indian government.

Just see how transparent the government policy can be. ( Sorry, it's the only English site I could find, things are way more clear in our language)
May be the people there are sensible enough and not like indian morons who rush into everything.
10 men and just one hot babe walks in the bus and the distancing eventually goes for a toss!! And this is never ever gonna change here.

On a very light note, if possible visit Eastern Europe ( specially Budapest ) for once...that city ( also Prague) is famous for beautiful women. Almost everyone you see on streets and public transport are absolute stunners.
Now I teach post grad medical students ( online for now) in 4 medical schools...some students are so beautiful, it's difficult maintain concentration at times!!

On a very light note, if possible visit Eastern Europe ( specially Budapest ) for once...that city ( also Prague) is famous for beautiful women. Almost everyone you see on streets and public transport are absolute stunners.
Now I teach post grad medical students ( online for now) in 4 medical schools...some students are so beautiful, it's difficult maintain concentration at times!!
I know the beauty there even though havent visited or possibly might never get a chance but the point is one should respect others space and not try not be a hungry dog...

Yes, there are civil ways to appreciate beauty..like a beautiful painting. But if your wife is around. you are in trouble. Mine is very possessive but I kind of enjoy it. A typical middle class Bengali, married to a woman from a rich Slavik family. But I kept it 100 percent real and my in-laws accepted me with open arms. They are my only family now.

Last edited:

Now they're indirectly admitting that this CV is not that big of a threat as it has been made out to be.

In India, medically it was not a big deal when the LD was announced. Now with a completely destroyed economy where LD can't be extended any further ( the virus is waiting for public transport to work again) embrace for a very critical situation.
Government's policies always defy logic and science ( according to that article it seems less severe symptomatic patients spread less than critically ills, in reality asymptomatic patients spreads it the most, critically ills are least likely to spread, no logic can explain why less critical patients shouldn't be tested negative after remission of symptoms)
Health ministry takes one right step followed by ten wrong ones. They rarely stick to ICMR's guidelines and force the ICMR spokesman to relay their tweaked ( mostly with some hidden political agendas) version.
Please don't blame ICMR for these childish decisions anymore. They have learned from the past mistakes and doing a pretty good job now ( their hands are tied, government has given show cause notices to some very critical personnel working there, and I completely understand their situation now. These guys have families to feed and they are not willing to risk their jobs)
No one from health ministry speak to any of us anymore(external consultants) as they can't control or intimidate us.

Again you seem to be stuck between criticizing the incompetence of the government or admitting that the threat was overhyped, both of which seem to be proven true for ALL countries as the days go by.

I'm not at all stuck. The threat from the virus is very real. But India still hasn't seen it ( as lockdown is just delaying it)
At least in Europe the threat was never overhyped, it really went out of control.
You will all see eventually how quickly this thing spreads and how badly government is prepared and wasted 2 months by spreading propaganda and absolutely horrendous contact tracing.
I wrote about the hopeless vaccine situation weeks before it got media attention.
I wrote about how useless HCQS is. Remdesivir is next in line.
I've worked for more than 10 years in this line buddy, and know pretty well how viral epidemics progress.

Well you've certainly flip flopped on a lot of your statements just like all the "experts".

In India, medically it was not a big deal when the LD was announced.

You were advocating going into lockdown for an entire year just a couple of weeks ago and now you're saying it wasn't a big deal when it was announced.
In fact you had said that the govt. should've gone into lockdown much earlier and that it was too little too late.

Please don't blame ICMR for these childish decisions anymore. They have learned from the past mistakes and doing a pretty good job now.

You've been calling them utterly clueless for weeks and now when the stats and models have proven to be massively inaccurate the world over, the ICMR is suddenly a competent organization ?
You trashed that Lav Agarwal fellow and other ICMR reps in several posts but now we can't blame 'em anymore ?

Now with a completely destroyed economy where LD can't be extended any further ( the virus is waiting for public transport to work again) embrace for a very critical situation.

US has reported 20 million additional job losses as of yesterday taking the total to over 15% unemployed out of the 330 million, businesses like bars and restaurants can't sustain for long because they've been allowed to run only with 25% occupancy which is not at all feasible, it is better to shut them down for good instead of running into losses.
Over 100,000 people have flown into the UK during the lockdown with flights not following social distancing, it is not economically viable to only sell seats 6 feet apart, so does the virus magically stop infecting people when it has boarded a flight ?

Many places here have already seen large crowds over the past few weeks because of the decision to keep shops open only for a couple of hours a day, if there had to be a second wave, we would've been in it already.
Dharavi has over a million people squeezed in a 2 sq. km area, there are workshops with dozens of people crammed into tiny rooms and the number of toilets is laughable yet CV hasn't proven to be as contagious even in the worst of places.
Tourism and hospitality industries have been decimated for the remainder of the year everywhere and there is going to be economic pain for every country yet you're fixated only on India. Yes, the problem will be bigger for us taking our over-populated and poverty stricken workforce into consideration but you cannot complain about the repercussions of a solution that the "experts" themselves advocated.

Don't even get me started on the other anomalies, Hong Kong with 4 deaths being one, literally thousands of Chinese people drive/fly in and out of Hong Kong on a daily basis yet there's no major outbreak. Did all the people from Wuhan fly straight to Madrid/NYC and never visit Shanghai/Beijing ?
Then we have the top ten designated sh*tholes of the planet like Mexico City, Dhaka, Mumbai, Lagos, Karachi, etc reporting combined total cases/deaths fewer than NYC. Granted those cities don't see much tourists but from the reported number of cases and the prevalent piss poor living conditions it just seems odd that CV didn't cause deaths the way they were expected to.

I wrote about the hopeless vaccine situation weeks before it got media attention.

There was never a vaccine for the SARS-CoV-1, anyone who expected vaccines for SARS-CoV-2, especially in the reported ridiculously short timeframe was just uninformed.

Well your genius Fauci was the one who allowed Trump to overhype one and the latter, he did it himself.
The experts themselves don't even know when or where the virus originated. If it was the lab in Wuhan, then Fauci under the Obama administration had granted millions of dollars to the Wuhan lab a couple of years ago.

At least in Europe the threat was never overhyped, it really went out of control.

I've worked for more than 10 years in this line buddy, and know pretty well how viral epidemics progress.

People are beginning to doubt the numbers coming out of those countries especially after the failed models and their projected numbers. There are videos of empty hospitals and funeral homes in NYC when they were reporting thousands of deaths, doctors and nurses have been reporting about empty hospitals as well. The media has been caught lying on at least 5 different occasions.

If the threat was as bad and not overhyped you would've been flooded with work, instead you spent hours of your time during the "peak" outbreak arguing with that troll blr_p.
The organization you claim to work for itself has been the most incompetent/useless in this entire debacle, now the German intelligence agency is accusing them of covering the outbreak. All the models from experts reporting large number of casualties have been proven wrong. That's apart from all the flip flops from all the experts who cannot seem to have a consistent opinion.
Unless you prove your credentials you're just a guy on the internet with a Hannibal Lecter avatar. Sorry mate no offense meant, I'm just skeptical.

I'm not going to multi quote psyph3r's post, but let's talk about it:
1. Where did I write that we NEED year long lockdowns? I'm against blanket lockdown from day 1
2. I will still trash mouth the SOB luv Aggarwal, he's not from ICMR, he's just some IAS officer working in health ministry.
3. Yes, of course ICMR was clueless initially, but now they are in right track. Wish I could leak here, how their proposals have been modified by health ministry.
4. Research for original SARS vaccine never really took off, since they have same acronyms and cause similar symptoms, don't think their RNA sequence is similar.
Vaccine won't probably work because it's practically impossible to replicate the RNA sequence in vitro completely.
Pfizer and the German company ( again forgot that name, Bio NKon possibly) are painstakingly trying to figure out the attachment sequence. But it will take years to complete ( that's the only viable vaccine option and that's the specific reason I wrote that vaccine ain't coming)
The Oxford one was a plain stupid attempt of trying to reverse engineer B cell response.

5. Hospitals are empty in India because very few people have private transport and they are scared of the virus. Many people have already died of other diseases as some hospitals are refusing patients with fever/ SOB/ chest discomfort.
If possible watch some videos of dedicated Corona hospitals in Europe or any hospital in Northern Italy during February- April

6.Well, I will rather assume, you have never heard of Dr.Anthony Fauci before, otherwise shouldn't have written something this stupid.
Even if he dies today, all medical doctors will be always grateful for his contribution in our Bible, Harrison's Textbook of Internal Medicine.
HCQS was being used with partial success long before Trump started screaming for it.
I'm not going into details about it's mechanism of action in covid 19 and why it's not working anymore as it will go way above your head.

7. I've done my job both in my country ( Czechia) and in the busiest hospital in Spain during the peak there (24*7 for 2 weeks straight, you have no clue of how hard I work when needed)
Go back some pages, there are some pictures too.

I'm off duty for now and your Indian government is paying me to plan for them ( plus some teaching jobs here)
You don't have to believe in anything, ask the DG of ICMR about "external help", if you're important enough, will get a prompt reply. BTW I'm still a member of Doximity and Dailyrounds with same name and picture, you are welcome to check my credentials there ( there are reasons for which Indian government is paying me so much money just for planning)

Last edited:

Well, I will rather assume, you have never heard of Dr.Anthony Fauci before, otherwise shouldn't have written something this stupid.
Even if he dies today, all medical doctors will be always grateful for his contribution in our Bible, Harrison's Textbook of Internal Medicine.

I didn't write anything against him, you yourself commented that HCQS and Remdesivir are useless which contradicts what was said by Fauci.

HCQS has now become useless, Remdesivir will be soon if not used with a replicase inhibitor.
Listen again what Fauci said.
Instead of doubting Fauci/ Trump ask POS like Dr.Naresh Trehan, what gives him the right ( beside of course scratching Modi's back) to lecture a nation about something which he last read in 3rd year at medical school.
He's a cardiovascular surgeon and if you know anything about medical studies you must know what kind of students after MS go to that MCh branch ( even AIIMS has vacant CTVS seats every year)
Compare once about Fauci's contribution to that of the great Indian doctor in field of medicine/ surgery.

Last edited:
HCQS has now become useless, Remdesivir will be soon if not used with a replicase inhibitor.
Listen again what Fauci said.

I did, the guy did say it was improving chances of recovery i.e., it's not a cure but it's not useless like you said either.
Post automatically merged:

5. Hospitals are empty in India because very few people have private transport and they are scared of the virus.

I was talking about hospitals in NYC.

Last edited:
It ( HCQS) has become useless now. The first step of reverse transcriptase is not zinc dependent anymore
NYC has learned a good lesson from Italy's mistake. They are not admitting a single SARI patient in non covid hospitals.
You are probably talking about JCC...it's a complex situation there ( rather a disastrous step from government)
But take a look at Bellevue ER, you will understand what's going on there.

If you read about Remdesivir, you will find it showed 100 percent success with Ebola and Marburg initially, but eventually it was rendered useless.
In very simple terms, single stranded RNA virus is impossible to contain with single anti viral agent.
Zaire ebola took less than 48 hours to bypass it by simply making the host cell produce RNA replicase in abundance.
We desperately need a replicase inhibitor. Once we use both together, this damn virus will possibly go away.
Of course Fauci implied it in his speech, but it may not be understood by non medicos.
I will never believe Fauci of all people didn't understand this simple basic fact.
He is GOD of RSV and other respiratory viruses. Read some of his papers on allergic response in bronchial asthma, he challenged the basic understanding of bronchoconstriction and changed the course of management of asthma!!
We brag about Dr.B.C Roy, but what this guy did in 80s and 90s changed respiratory medicine forever!!
Post automatically merged:

Regarding Javits Centre, it will eventually help thousands. They have already cut down on their very rigid patient transfer policy ( it didn't have any ICU, and was supposed to be a quarantine centre, not a treating one)
But don't underestimate their capabilities, they were instrumental during hurricane Katrina, after 9/11.
Indians should learn from Javits ( how to prepare a quarantine facility...thousand beds in less than 24 hours, and not like the hell hole Indian concentration camp like quarantine centres)
Since you questioned my work ethics, I'm not working in the field anymore, because I have a 5 year old kid and my wife was suffering from covid ( acquired during the line of duty)

Last edited:
Back