What exactly is Government of India doing?

Let them show that to the govt in their defense :)
do you recall when this event happened? This event happened before lockdown in India (first or the second week of March), till the time our beloved PM and GoI was fully confident that nothing will happen to us (in terms of CV infections). Now suddenly the entire blame for this event is put on the organizers (where our own governments didn't screen the people coming from CV hotspot on the Airport itself and should have either quarantined them or returned them back to their own respective country). The same thing which we do it for many things (like Nehru did that and this because of which we are suffering). Remember how Kanika Kapoor scared many - Many Bhakts will blame her but nobody will accept that the institution responsible for screening them failed miserably.

Do you know why weather forecasts are estimated and taken into consideration to ensure that food and other essentials to be available to the general public - where do you see the same princi[ple applied here. We followed the lockdown, but it got implemented hastily as our beloved PM knew that he has no other way, and they didn't foresee it.

I also know that nobody from Bhakts or whom they follow will acknowledge it.

Bhakts will ward off this post too (see below) - Copied from LinkedIn - Bhakts feel MHA should ban him too.
1585648379651.png

Last edited:
Why are you talking about things beyond your online knowledge base?
Those who are developing interstitial fibrosis/ bronchiectasis etc. will not recover in 6 weeks. PFT for them will probably never improve and they will always be susceptible to LRTI etc.
India has a lot of manufacturing plants for pharmaceutical products. But raw material supply is completely dependent on other countries.
Don't try to downplay the disease. It's far more complicated than influenza/ parainfluenza with significant chance of long term lung damage.
India did not want a team from Geneva ( 2nd March)
If China is getting back to work then raw material won't be an issue.

Like said 80% have mild infections and they recover. This is for people to get used to large numbers of infected as testing ramps up. To understand the bulk of those people are not going to die. India has a young population too.

I'm not trying to get into Indian politics. I'm not a citizen anymore. But I fail to understand Modi's logic everytime. And he lies a lot more than Trump. Anyway in 2014 I voted for him.
He has not lied more than Trump.

I have no problem understanding his logic. Its very simple.

Believe what the govt says unless shown otherwise. Ignore the opposition. People who do not make policy and get to make irresponsible statements are not worth the time.

do you recall when this event happened? This event happened before lockdown in India (first or the second week of March), till the time our beloved PM and GoI was fully confident that nothing will happen to us (in terms of CV infections). Now suddenly the entire blame for this event is put on the organizers (where our own governments didn't screen the people coming from CV hotspot on the Airport itself and should have either quarantined them or returned them back to their own respective country). The same thing which we do it for many things (like Nehru did that and this because of which we are suffering). Remember how Kanika Kapoor scared many - Many Bhakts will blame her but nobody will accept that the institution responsible for screening them failed miserably.
Did you watch the video ?

They came on tourist visas and indulged in preaching. That was the first violation

They overstayed. Second violation.

As a result there is a mess in a number of states these people visited of which i'm relieved to learn my state was not one.
Post automatically merged:

So are you drinking urine too!!?? God!!!
Oh you want to play it this way i can too. Again i'm a lot better at this than you are :)

We see the real colours of the good doctor come out now.

So basically world's pharmacy is also dependent on China. Basically everything depends on China. Yet China is the worst enemy.
How's India's ventilator project going? Any prototype yet? What about the elusive 1200Rs.kit?
How much time does it take to rebrand old Siemens ventilators?
Hey don't take the urine thing seriously. If I offended you, really sorry.
Sure troll away, got a day off after many weeks before going to Spain tomorrow.
Old TE fun is back. But please don't take anything seriously/ personally. You helped me a lot with a laptop purchase, I'm carrying it now.

They came on tourist visas and indulged in preaching. That was the first violation

They overstayed. Second violation.
You will not accept that we failed to screen them even though they're coming from CV Hotspots. if we would have screened them all the next violations would have been sorted off.

Sharing you few links for your knowledge (Godi Media will not cover them)
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...mid-fears-nation-is-ill-prepared-for-outbreak (this is for March 02, 2020 BTW)

This one is pretty straightforward for Malaysia.

Bhakts continue to deny the thing that we failed in screening people at the entry points and continue to blame China/WHO and whatnot for our failure. A very simple policy of our beloved PM and his government (don't forget about Bhakts too).

Last edited:
You will not accept that we failed to screen them even though they're coming from CV Hotspots.

Sharing you few links for your knowledge (Godi Media will not cover them)
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...mid-fears-nation-is-ill-prepared-for-outbreak (this is for March 02, 2020 BTW)

This one is pretty straightforward for Malaysia.

Bhakts continue to deny the thing that we failed in screening people at the entry points and continue to blame China/WHO and whatnot for our failure. A very simple policy of our beloved PM and his government (don't forget about Bhakts too).
And you don't want to accept they violated the terms of their visa. It's quite simple really.

Tell all this to the infected people in those states who are now in trouble.

So basically world's pharmacy is also dependent on China. Basically everything depends on China. Yet China is the worst enemy.
It will be interesting to see how China wriggles out of this. How are Americans & Italians going to treat them after all of this is over.

How the world treats them. Their image has suffered a massive PR disaster.

Will they ensure they no longer are dependent on China ever again or whether things will go back to the same.

How's India's ventilator project going? Any prototype yet? What about the elusive 1200Rs.kit?
How much time does it take to rebrand old Siemens ventilators?
It;s very simple those that can be saved will be saved.

Those that cannot will be given something to ease their passing. Like in many other countries that have these problems.

But i find it laughable you have this fake concern about us.

Hey don't take the urine thing seriously. If I offended you, really sorry.
Sure troll away, got a day off after many weeks before going to Spain tomorrow.
Old TE fun is back. But please don't take anything seriously/ personally. You helped me a lot with a laptop purchase, I'm carrying it now.
You reduce all of India's knowledge in medicine to urine drinking ?

Why do you hate us so much. What did we do to you.

I don't treat this subject as fun. But some people treat this place like its a trash heap. You can tell by how little they know or can share.

Our bhakt here is a very sharp guy. How did Modi brainwash such bright people? Is it religion?
I follow who makes policy.

I believe what the govt says until shown otherwise

Ignore what the opposition says. Always. They don't make policy and do not matter.

Listen to the critiques of those that do not have a problem with the govt.

You can follow politics of any country and know who to listen to and ignore.

Keep that in mind as you go around the world.

Last edited:
until shown otherwise
even if its shown otherwise - you will not accept.

On another note, let's not drag this discussion where we all could do something productive for other's benefit in this difficult time (unless someone else feels differently).

even if its shown otherwise - you will not accept.

On another note, let's not drag this discussion where we all could do something productive for other's benefit in this difficult time (unless someone else feels differently).
Message count is 14 but join date is 2013. Proxy account eh

To those who are against lock down, what is the best preventive measure according to you - other than lock down of course. I am specially looking for answers from @chiron , @red dragon
Does not matter. We're not relaxing this until we peak. Meaning after two weeks it will get extended again.

When are we peaking ? we're not even ready to talk about it.

We won't know until we test more.

All of April will be testing. Number of cases will rise, they will keep on rising.

At some point it peaks and then subsides.

The Brits are talking about a peak some time in May June.

They are talking about another 12 weeks of lock down possibly going on longer. Insane. Even Wuhan was just 9 weeks.

When i read the paper it says, no decision has been taken about extension of the lock down

hehe, yes right.

Would i prefer not to be locked down.

Of course. Giving up the right to assembly isn't to be taken lightly.

But then wearing masks has to become mandatory.

Singapore, Taiwan, Japan never had a lock down.

I don't believe its sustainable and if that's the case then the reason to have one is cons outweighing the pros.

Last edited:
I do not hate India and truly grateful to that country. It has given me the chance to study medicine, practically free of cost. It allowed me to do post graduation twice ( though not possible today, I am probably the last person who did MD twice, first medicine than community medicine) Everything I have today is because of India. If I was born in US, my family could not afford college fees for me.
But the India I knew 5 years ago has changed considerably. And for worse for most people.
I am mostly aware of situation of doctors here, Some of the good ones have left, who stayed behind are yet to see better days mostly financially. In 2014 1.5-2L/month income was sufficient in an inexpensive city like kolkata. Now most of them are earning around 2.5L-3L/month, yet they are having a hard time financially. I do not understand how the economy is getting better.
I was also extremely shocked about how quickly a large number of Indians have become so intolerant to people from different race.
I have to travel extensively all around the world. Argentina was another country where I went twice in last 4 years and could see the significant improvement is common people`s lives. Even the smaller country, which is home now is progressing slowly and surely. There is no media hype around these small countries, but they are progressing a lot faster in every possible and very much tangible way.
India`s progress seems great on paper, but even as Indian, it was difficult for me to feel.
I don`t think India will be able to sustain this 21 days. Let`s see how many private companies can pay salaries. I know of one huge private hospital ( industry which has suffered considerably less) unable to pay full salaries to doctors for the month of February!!

Message count is 14 but join date is 2013. Proxy account eh
Erodov refugee - but I liked the way you did this - remember Amit Malviya and his team members - probably you should join in too. Hatemongers - when you Bhatks don't have anything to react or respond too - you guys take this route and sometimes it goes below the waistline or causes verbal diarrhea.

All of April will be testing. Number of cases will rise, they will keep on rising.

At some point it peaks and then subsides.

The Brits are talking about a peak some time in May June.
Awesome, another Nostradamus in making.. you should consider it as a side business.

What fellow TE friend @red dragon and others (including myself wanted to share) -

Last edited:
I hope the lockdown does not get extended. All my bank balances are close to minimum limit. I need to go to AMC to sell off my MF investments to get money. No trains, no autos, no bus. All my money is locked. I have bills to pay. I'm not rich and never had a full bank balance of lakhs/ crores lying in it. All I had was put in savings so I could gather a bit more paltry money through investments. I don't have job, so no money coming in bank in April or May or June. If I cant go to the AMC in April to sell my investment and get money in bank, I don't know what will happen in May. This is a dire situation for me. I don't even have anywhere else to go like the migrant labourers. Will the govt give me money to pay my bills? I doubt it since they are begging for money from Tatas, Ambanis and Birlas and common people and wont even take money from their own pockets. I'm 100% against this extension of lockdown for my own survival. I don't care if you want it extended. If it's extended I'll break all rules. Simple. Even if I break all rules and manage to go to the AMC office all I will see is a shuttered place.

Remove all money from your purse or wallet and keep just 5000 in it. Try paying all your monthly bills from this amount. Pay gas bill, electric bill, society bill, food bill. See what remains. Now in such a situation will you want a extension of the lockdown? what will you people do in May, June or July? How will you pay next months bills? Eat air? Eat rocks? Survive on plain water?

And there are thousands of self employed or unemployed people in same situation as me. No savings left. No jobs. All are on brink of depression thinking where they will get money or food from. All factories are down. All production is down. Some day all food stocks will vanish and no matter how much money you have you wont be able to buy anything. I think some planting season is coming close in May or June. Imagine no fertilizers, seeds etc. That's one entire crop gone. That a few lakh tons of food like rice or rabbi not being grown. All you people wanting extension - do you want to run out of all the food soon? Are you ready to play war games or survival games? Can you survive with your children on 1 meal a day?

You will say there is FCI godowns full of grains. But those are mostly rotten and kept in bad storage conditions. I've seen those godowns from train tracks in Borivali in Mumbai. Don't even think Govt will supply ration to rich and middle class. Most of the bad stuff will go to PDA shops and all the good stuff will be horded by black marketeers who will sell it at high rates to get profits. Even during bad wheat and rice production season when prices had gone up, Congress never allowed food from FCI into open market. All they did was allow import of rice and wheat from outside. Imagine in this situation - no aeroplanes or ships to get food imports because all countries are facing food shortages. India wont get anything. Countries that can pay higher amount of money will get higher share. Most countries are already in lockdown mode now. I have no idea if they allow farmers to grow or harvest crops. Even if they do, there's problem of storage and sending the produce to the market. What if the food or container has coronavirus on it? Will you throw the food out or destroy it?

Everything looks nice on paper until you have to face the consequences in real life. There's no real justification for an extended lockdown now. Just these few days have shown that Indian people are not getting that much infected compared to foreign countries. We are not hitting 1000+ infections per day like Italy or USA. In my opinion, this was an overblown kneejerk reaction to the pandemic. I'm sorry I think this way but having no money in the bank has made me completely selfish. If people get infected, so be it. Indian companies like Mahindra etc will come up with home made solutions and money and give it free of cost to Govt. All the money they didn't give to workers in the form of higher wages are given to the govt now. Maybe Indian companies will build hospitals in one week like Chinese govt did. Maybe they won't.

^^ This is the picture of real India. This is reality. Brother, I completely understand your agony. But whoever is thinking that they have enough cushion, unless you have cash buried under your house, you are in big trouble.
It's just the beginning, if people stop paying EMIs for a month, all banks will restrict withdrawing money.
Indian banks were walking on thin ice before this.
Private companies will close down ( a huge hospital is folding up)
This lockdown is a bigger disaster than the epidemic in India.
However Modi is a coward ( beside being a fool), no matter what the Corona situation, the lockdown will be lifted. Or finally people will wake up and break it themselves.
Hang on more 2 more weeks mate. God bless you.

after lockdown is over we will see big spikes. For india its lockdown or get infected

we hav started testin more 4300 today but need 10000-18000 per day. more tested so 227 new cases in last 24hrs

Last edited:
The problem isnt the lockdown. The problem is the absolute lack of planning Modi and co did before it. They had weeks (maybe even months) to watch what was happening in the rest of the world and prepare. Get the message out right, lay the ground work, get individual states involved. They did **** all and everyone is suddenly shocked that a country of 1.3 billion people is having problems because of a lockdown with zero planning.

Ah well. I am sure as 2024 rolls around we will be back to yelling pakistan pakistan and discussing vital issues like Hindu Muslim so we can vote for this guy again.

Maybe we deserve this as a country.

The problem isnt the lockdown. The problem is the absolute lack of planning Modi and co did before it. They had weeks (maybe even months) to watch what was happening in the rest of the world and prepare. Get the message out right, lay the ground work, get individual states involved. They did **** all and everyone is suddenly shocked that a country of 1.3 billion people is having problems because of a lockdown with zero planning.

Ah well. I am sure as 2024 rolls around we will be back to yelling pakistan pakistan and discussing vital issues like Hindu Muslim so we can vote for this guy again.

Maybe we deserve this as a country.
Buddy, why you wanted to get Bhakts mad at you - saying anything against the beloved Modi and his government or their planning; even if its logically incorrect - these bhakts will go mad at you.

Back