What exactly is Government of India doing?

@red dragon

Do you see this claim to be valid to promote too or it just another cheap stunt.

If it's valid, we can help others who really got the CV and if it's otherwise - let's leave it and focus on something better.
It is beyond ridiculous!! Why are you reading these absurd things?
If you want to learn about Corona, go to uptodate. I believe their article on Corona is free ( their subscription is very expensive)
If it's not free, if somebody wants, I can send them using my subscription.
It's the only 100 percent reliable medical knowledge base online ( pub med used to be good, but now full of rubbish studies)

Please share the article; it will make us aware.

Thank you for your efforts
It's a cheap publicity stunt by these quacks pushing their pseudo-science agenda.

1585901385388.png

Well i Just came across this article.

Summary
  • Once on ventilator, 70% of the patients die. So ventilators are not a solution.
  • Social distancing is the only solution for now

Look at the flipside - 3 out of 10 people on ventilators are surviving. If ventilators didn't exist, they'd be 10/10 deaths. So while it is no panacea, it is still helping us save thousands of lives.

As for social distancing, it is not just social distancing which is enough, Social distancing coupled with rapid testing and isolation of new cases is the only way to fight this pandemic.

While our government has gone the whole hog on social distancing by the lockdown, it is not doing enough to test enough people.

Apparently all samples are currently going through a screening committee which decides whether a particular case needs to be tested or not and they have the final say. If this screening committee says no, the patient won't be tested even if he/she has all symptoms of covid19. This is first hand information I got from a few friends who are working on the frontlines and it is really disheartening.

If such measures are taken to artificially reduce the number of cases, it makes zero sense to believe the numbers being pushed by ICMR. Looks like lots of the folks higher up in the chain are simply in a state of denial.

Prince charles and Dutchess Camilla did come to bangalore for a week stay for some form of Ayurveda treatment, not once but again a few years later. So the practitioner in question may have been consulted via phone. Even Arvind kejrival seems to come to bangalore to get non western treatment.
Post automatically merged:

our government has gone the whole hog on social distancing by the lockdown, it is not doing enough to test enough people.

Apparently all samples are currently going through a screening committee which decides whether a particular case needs to be tested or not and they have the final say. If this screening committee says no, the patient won't be tested even if he/she has all symptoms of covid19. This is first hand information I got from a few friends who are working on the frontlines and it is really disheartening.

If such measures are taken to artificially reduce the number of cases, it makes zero sense to believe the numbers being pushed by ICMR. Looks like lots of the folks higher up in the chain are simply in a state of denial.
Realistically even if we test 1lakh samples a day like the US which is testing more then any other nation. It would take us 4 months just to test Bangalore at a rate of 1lakh tests a day.

Its impossible to test that many people, further more Dr Deborah Burks from the US corona virus task force said that even if you take a test today and it shows negative, you may be positive the next day. So they ultimately tell that social distancing of 6 feet apart and washing hands is the only viable method.

In new york 35% of tests show a positive result, while there emerging hot spots in the US are at 15%. We have 4x their population and health care and labs that are way behind. Trump and the governers are a fool to not allow a nation wide lockdown, I still see on flight radar thousands of passenger planes flying in the US, spreading it everywhere. The NY governer as the nerve to say that he will sue the other states if they close the state border.

Last edited:
Well I have experienced it first hand. Had gone with my wife for testing but was sent back with a letter that she can be treated anywhere. All her other tests were normal. All 3 of us had constant mild fever (between 99 and 101) and wet cough. It started the next day we travelled on a domestic flight. We are ok now. Maybe we had it, maybe we didn't.

Point is we don't know how much has it spread and what are the symptoms specific to our demographic. Coz we are testing only those who are matching the symptoms from China and Italy and have international travel link.

Point is we don't know how much has it spread and what are the symptoms specific to our demographic. Coz we are testing only those who are matching the symptoms from China and Italy and have international travel link.
This is what we kept on highlighting and because of this nobody (in India) knows the exact count of affected cases - Government is saying something - people are experiencing entirely different things & if its highlighted Bhakts keep coming with their Gyaan.

One of the saddest day of my life.
Finally managed to get some sleep from 3-7am after popping 2 Xanax.
While intubating a gasping patient the ****ing gloves tore and my right hand got soaked with secretions. Eventually the patient (44 year old lady) died.
All of our backpacks got stolen from the empty hotel (Thieves and criminals are having a great time here) so we have no clothes.
Now the worst part, my friend Theresa ( a nurse from Brescia, small town in Lombardy ) succumbed today. She was 34 ,single mom and left behind 2 kids (6 and 3 year old).
Post automatically merged:

That "screening committee" of "experts" possibly have seen less than 10 patients combined. It's a misconception that SARS patients do not have productive cough. It starts with dry cough but many many develops productive cough, even hemoptysis.
India is at mercy of God and an asshole PM.

Last edited:
This is what we kept on highlighting and because of this nobody (in India) knows the exact count of affected cases - Government is saying something - people are experiencing entirely different things & if its highlighted Bhakts keep coming with their Gyaan.
No one in the world knows the exact count in their respective countries except for a hand full of low population countries, even in Japan they only test if you hit the criteria. Even the USA is testing way less compared to population and even there many of my relatives who are US citizens where turned away and they had fever and chills, you can still get a expensive test from a private lab.

In India most of tests are being done to the recent super spreaders. Its better to test them and isolate them since they don't follow social distancing and have no rules. Yet these super spreaders who contribute a lot to the society by traveling a lot, reading their holy book and chasing away and stoning people who tried to help them, will demand the few ventilators we have(in telangana one super spreaders family abused and assulated the doctors because the super spreader died) , where as the people who pay taxes and follow the rules will be back of the queue in getting a test or when they need a ventilator.

Mean while the street dogs in my street would rather starve then eat rice or dal or any other veg food, not even biscuits. Street dogs in my village eat everything.These city dogs just sniff and go away. They are down to their bones.

No one in the world knows the exact count in their respective countries except for a hand full of low population countries, even in Japan they only test if you hit the criteria. Even the USA is testing way less compared to population and even there many of my relatives who are US citizens where turned away and they had fever and chills, you can still get a expensive test from a private lab.
Did you checked about South Korea and their testing methodologies.

We had a video conference with Dr.Geyong, the drive-in followed by walk-in method will be in textbooks of community medicine soon.
They treated SAR CoV 2 as any highly contagious and fatal disease from day 1.
Really incredible!!

Did you checked about South Korea and their testing methodologies.
There people follow rules, we don't and will not work in India, considering our population. If we want data we can do a anti bodies test to see how may people got it and ask them if they showed any symptoms.

Had people who came from international flights quaratined themself, we wouldnt be in this mess eight now. Even educated numskulls didn't not follow the rules. Even if he had tested all those people with a test kit on their arrival, the majority would have shown negative and become positive after a few days or weeks.

The koreans and the Japanese people use masks all the time, even if a person has a regular cold. Where as in India one blows a nose in the street right in front of another person. I really wish they start fining people who spit and blow their nose in the street.

Last edited:
South Koreans spit a LOT in street. So much so, the government started spot fines ( around 90 USD) And very few people wear masks in cough and cold. Same in India ( many idiots wear woollen sweaty masks for air pollution)
Don't blame public/ large population for everything.It is the duty of airport authority and government to screen and isolate people.
And even if a responsible passenger complains of symptoms, he has to jump many hoops to get tested ( if he's extremely lucky to find a sensible medical person) our super mod shared similar experience.
There's a big rumor going on that all Czechs were/are wearing masks. Though the government issued a statement to wear mask, it was never mandatory and less than 50 percent wore mask even at crowded place like Praha's city centre. It's a small and relatively poor country. But they were testing everyone with minimal symptoms. That's what is saving them. Not masks.

Last edited:
The koreans and the Japanese people use masks all the time, even if a person has a regular cold.
Here additional education/awareness is required - you can check with doctors too - if you will wear the masks they also need to disinfect or have to disposable - which is not the case in India - people use normal masks for days or weeks - Even Doctors sanitize their masks - you can not wear the same mask for days.

No matter how you look at the situation and try to blame common people, it will come back to the government. Because this government is not doing ANYTHING.

South Koreans spit a LOT in street. So much so, the government started spot fines ( around 90 USD)
Don't blame public/ large population for everything.It is the duty of airport authority and government to screen and isolate people.
Public should take the blame, even as I type this I see folks in my street taking a walk. I have a neigbour who has 2 solar water heaters, yet the old lady in that house, use coconut shells, to heat water, choking us in smoke. Indians lack ethics, common sense and cleanliness.

What can the government do, they could have banned all international flights, but if people don't co-operate, you saw how some attack or prevent health workers from doing there duty, you can call the military to force compliance and that will only go south in some states or areas.

I saw video of a chinene woman who claims that she saw a still alive elderly covid 19 patient put in a body bag and then sent to the cremation.

Koreans and Japanese DO NOT wear masks, even when sick ( talking about the time before this epidemic) few do, just like in India.
But their government work for their welfare. They don't hide and blame citizens for everything.

I have some questions. What is the procedure to test covid? Is it by nasal swab or by blood? How much difficult is the testing procedure? Is there any need for special labs or it can be tested in existing labs with existing equipment s? And at what rate testing kits can be produced in our country?

Back