What exactly is Government of India doing?

People here are very excited for summer and believe Covid 19 will die due to high temperature I don't think it will happen
Buddy, don't take it personally but I feel whoever is spreading this myth should be pointed to a fact that the countries in southern hemisphere are also facing this issue who happens to have more avg. temperature than us. Take the example of Brazil which happens to have roughly 3 times higher cases than us (more than 9k). Corona's effects can be seen across worldwide and we all should be bracing for economic slowdown that its going to bring in.

People here are very excited for summer and believe Covid 19 will die due to high temperature I don't think it will happen

1585997550785.png

1585997511830.png

Buddy, don't take it personally but I feel whoever is spreading this myth should be pointed to a fact that the countries in southern hemisphere are also facing this issue who happens to have more avg. temperature than us. Take the example of Brazil which happens to have roughly 3 times higher cases than us (more than 9k). Corona's effects can be seen across worldwide and we all should be bracing for economic slowdown that its going to bring in.

It was directed toward Red dragon so that he could dis spell this myth.

I guess its like the moron Mullahs who were rejoicing that Corona was "Allah's Soldier" and it was taking revenge on China for the Uighurs.

But then Corona went rogue and f**ked their shit up. ;) ;) ;)

P.S. Its not pointed at you @panther but at those who are spreading this.

So the sars covid one died at 57C after 15min, My roof temperature is 60C. So atleast we can say that unlike colder countries the virus won't stay long enough in such high temperature surfaces like concrete in summer atleast here in south india.
Granted that sars covid 2 may be different.
data for covid 2

I guess its like the moron Mullahs who were rejoicing that Corona was "Allah's Soldier" and it was taking revenge on China for the Uighurs.

But then Corona went rogue and f**ked their shit up. ;) ;) ;)
if we take religion out of this discussion, it will help us stay civil. Reason is while world is going to fight battle against Corona, we will fight 2 (one getting added because of religion).
Post automatically merged:

So the sars covid one died at 57C after 15min, My roof temperature is 60C. So atleast we can say that unlike colder countries the virus won't stay long enough in such high temperature surfaces like concrete in summer atleast here in south india.
Granted that sars covid 2 may be different.
if we take care of those infected, this situation might help

if we take religion out of this discussion, it will help us stay civil. Reason is while world is going to fight battle against Corona, we will fight 2 (one getting added because of religion).

if we take care of those infected, this situation might help
Good point mate. But the atheist in me couldn't resist the dig I had bubbling in my mind against reiigious stupidity.

In the spirit of the tech nerds we are in TE here goes this. Whoever has a 9900K rejoice while I am stuck with my Zen 2. :(

1585998069611.png

It was directed toward Red dragon so that he could dis spell this myth.
Honestly I don't know. There were some speculations though ( in vitro studies under controlled environment)
May be our ground situation expert will be able to shed some light, as he's " following" the news. What do I know? Indian virus is supposed to be treated by OTC drugs, AYUSH practitioners and cow excretions.

Honestly I don't know. There were some speculations though ( in vitro studies under controlled environment)
May be our ground situation expert will be able to shed some light, as he's " following" the news. What do I know? Indian virus is supposed to be treated by OTC drugs, AYUSH practitioners and cow excretions.
Current research seems to generate conflicting views which is expected given the short timeframe for statistical study.

Again take my views with a ladle of salt as this is all third hand knowledge.

PPE who should wear

Home masks DIY.

I have some high grade vacuum cleaner fleece bags, will probably make some from those, since the N95 masks that I have are just too difficult to breathe, I can wear the n95 when riding the vehicle but if they ask me to walk to nearest super market or store, then its get tough to breathe in N95 . I don't trust the sugical masks currently on sale, unless its from a reputed company which I bet would have been all sold out by now.

If the Congress leadership have any brains left, they should call a no confidence motion in parliament now and ask for BJP to step down. This PM only knows how to destroy the economy and peoples lives.

Plus all this drama of switching off lights and lighting lamps. Either he's gone mental or his team giving him such ideas are mentally retarded.
Will it really damage the power grid if every one switched off their lights? I heard it will decrease load and some power stations will fail. If a grid failure happens, then expect the power to come only after a few hours or a day due to this mad man.

What you say about his video? comes from a high source.

This was in vitro. Hope it sails through in clinical trials as well.

What you say about his video? comes from a high source.

Twitter is a septic tank mate. Don't trust anything there. I dunno if the govt. posted this or someone is trolling but the dadaji is spewing bullshit laced with all the hallucinogenics known to mankind.

Collective mind can cure a virus....WTH!!!!!

The I guess we should be able to fly as well if 95% of us wish for it.

Ivermectin is effective against HIV, Zika and many other viruses also in vitro. Please do not take it.
I do not even want to comment on the twitter video about ACE2 receptors. Uncle ji probably forgotten everything about ACE receptors.
Looks like Bongs like Marcus and me were thinking about the exact same things simultaneously!!!

isnt ivermectin a safe drug to take?

Last edited:
∆∆ Most of that article went way above my head!!
Yes, ivermectin is mostly harmless AFAIK, but don't take it mate, without more evidence.
HCQS was considered pretty safe but people are developing pancytopenia frequently.
It's just my suggestion as an epidemiologist. My MD in clinical medicine is useless now ( forgot everything)

Countries in the southern hemisphere are heading towards winter.

The idea with hot temperature is there is more sun whose UV kills this virus. Any areas exposed to the sun will not allow this virus to survive. Viability on exposed surfaces will be shorter.

If people get more sun their vitamin D levels rise and this makes them more resistant and better able to fight off this virus.

Vitamin D supplements are being recommended by many people for those that don't get enough sun.

The idea with hot temperature is there is more sun whose UV kills this virus. Any areas exposed to the sun will not allow this virus to survive. Viability on exposed surfaces will be shorter.
This is still in theory, nobody has yet proved it. Any virus surely has lesser survival rate in hot temperatures but if you see scientists have discovered the amoeba like micro organism which doesn't require Oxygen at all to survive and I am of opinion that we still have to learn a lot from Mother Nature and hence assume that this answer should be given by the SME's on survival of this virus organisms in the heat.

On the topic of moving into Winter, I don't deny that but you will have to see the first case detected, what was the temperatures then. Their are lot more things to be probed further before getting into conclusion.

If people get more sun their vitamin D levels rise and this makes them more resistant and better able to fight off this virus.

Vitamin D supplements are being recommended by many people for those that don't get enough sun.
I guess we (people who spend most of their time within AC or behind keyboards) are at lot of risk if it comes to Vitamin D.

On another note, did anyone read the AQI report on Metro's and how the overall pollution levels decreased to 30 yrs low. Mother Nature is healing itself ☺️

Back