What exactly is Government of India doing?

This is still in theory, nobody has yet proved it. Any virus surely has lesser survival rate in hot temperatures but if you see scientists have discovered the amoeba like micro organism which doesn't require Oxygen at all to survive and I am of opinion that we still have to learn a lot from Mother Nature and hence assume that this answer should be given by the SME's on survival of this virus organisms in the heat.

On the topic of moving into Winter, I don't deny that but you will have to see the first case detected, what was the temperatures then. Their are lot more things to be probed further before getting into conclusion.

I guess we (people who spend most of their time within AC or behind keyboards) are at lot of risk if it comes to Vitamin D.

On another note, did anyone read the AQI report on Metro's and how the overall pollution levels decreased to 30 yrs low. Mother Nature is healing itself ☺

coronavirus Need UVC to disintegrate which does not enter earth's atmosphere easily.
Post automatically merged:

Trump is going ga ga over this.

Vaccines will take atleast a year to test and get approved. There is no short cut to these, there are several thousand people around the world working on these, including big parma companies.

Gates foundation is funding several programs from different companies/firms simultaneously, even then it will take time to test and see which works.

Until then social distancing, masks and washing hands is the only solution.

Anyone read this document?

Thopughts? comments? I felt the document was well thought out and what we can expect from the government in case of a large outbreak
Thank you. That is a very well written plan. This is how an epidemic is approached. Hope you noticed it is based around identifying cases, pockets of cases (hot spots), contact tracing and containment ( quarantine, isolation, but no nation wise lockdown) No matter how you look at it, without testings nothing will work. It is very tedious work, but must be done. There will be goof ups, many tracings will end up with no results, people will mess up the swabs and blame kits, and most tragic, lives will be lost. But if India can stick with the plans and the key people do not loose focus by PM`s weekly circus, a LOT of lives will be saved.
BUT the mindset "it is just a bad flu, and can be treated with PCM, HCQS, Azithral , Vit D etc. with lockdown" continues the world will soon forget Italy and Spain.
BTW, vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin and even a very low level is not usually treated by sane physicians, 2 hours of exposure to sunlight can raise it sufficiently. However oral D3 supplement, specially arachitol can cause life threatening hypercalcimia.

Regarding testing, India is now ramping up we are now testing at 10k tests per day since past 2 days, while the Indian company, that made that Rs 1500 test ( with that female scientist) is now going to make 1.5lakh tests per week, which is little over 20k tets per day. They have signed a multi million dollar deal which will increase there production to 20lakh test per week, which will be near 3x that of what US is testing now.

Trump today asked Modi for hydroxychloroquine, which according to trump we make a lot. India is considering the request of existing US orders of this drug.

Dr Anthony Fauci, part of US corona task force said people should clap for health care workers. So now everyone is following us.

Last edited:
I have a sincere request to you guys, if you have and using N95 masks, please give it to your nearest hospital/ health care facilities, they will give you a 3 layer surgical mask in return.
You are not at risk with surgical masks in community.
Instead of clapping and banging pots and pans, a proper mask will save them. YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY PROTECTED WITH A SURGICAL MASK in community. But they are not.
And anybody in dire cash crunch, please pm your bank details, we will try to send you some money to the best of our abilities.
It's just 6 of us in it, but think we can help a few really in need. I will never disclose your identity.
This is not charity or anything. We are few fortunate ones who have their jobs secured in the present situation.
We are only trying to take out 50 percent of our children's college funds/ other savings and make good use of it. That's it. And I'm not going to give my money to the Czechs. Indian government pretty much paid everything for my higher education, and I'm trying to pay it back.
However I still hate Modi.

Regarding testing, India is now ramping up we are now testing at 10k tests per day since past 2 days, while the Indian company, that made that Rs 1500 test ( with that female scientist) is now going to make 1.5lakh tests per week, which is little over 20k tets per day. They have signed a multi million dollar deal which will increase there production to 20lakh test per week, which will be near 3x that of what US is testing now.

Trump today asked Modi for hydroxychloroquine, which according to trump we make a lot. India is considering the request of existing US orders of this drug.

Dr Anthony Fauci, part of US corona task force said people should clap for health care workers. So now everyone is following us.
Can you point me to the source with test data for India? Our internal analyst's data still shows 35-40 tests per million. But it's not being updated for 3 days.
AFAIK mylab's kit was supposed to hit market by 29th March. All newer kits I've seen are produced in small quantities (few thousands) for test runs.

Last edited:
And anybody in dire cash crunch, please pm your bank details, we will try to send you some money to the best of our abilities.
It's just 6 of us in it, but think we can help a few really in need. I will never disclose your identity.
This is not charity or anything. We are few fortunate ones who have their jobs secured in the present situation.
We are only trying to take out 50 percent of our children's college funds/ other savings and make good use of it. That's it. And I'm not going to give my money to the Czechs. Indian government pretty much paid everything for my higher education, and I'm trying to pay it back.

I donate to CRY and Smile Foundation every April.

This time as per the Smile volunteer I donated here-

I think its better to donate here. You will help a lot more people with these NGOs rather than going piecemeal with individuals on a tech forum who are better off than 95% of our population if I am being honest.

In case you need more details you can whatsapp the Smile volunteer who usually contacts me.The number is +91 83687 44750.
CRY has not contacted me yet this year. The usual CRY person who calls me up can be reached at +918017347614.

An unrelated question, mods may delete it if inappropriate.
My hatred for Modi is primarily based on his speeches, demonization, strange implementation of GST and the recent NRC/ CAA.
Plus what I have witnessed in 2019.
Never in life, followed politics as my primary focus was to study and help father running the family ( I come from a middle class Bengali family, we didn't even have a car and Darjeeling was our ultimate travel destination...you get the picture)
Things started to change for better after completing post graduation and eventually ended up in Europe and within a year became part of a completely different society.
Now, coming back to the point. There are millions who support Modi and a large section of those must be smarter than me. He must have done something really good to get this kind of support. Or is it just the lack of opposition?
What has made Modi and his party so popular?

T
I donate to CRY and Smile Foundation every April.

This time as per the Smile volunteer I donated here-

I think its better to donate here. You will help a lot more people with these NGOs rather than going piecemeal with individuals on a tech forum who are better off than 95% of our population if I am being honest.

In case you need more details you can whatsapp the Smile volunteer who usually contacts me.The number is +91 83687 44750.
CRY has not contacted me yet this year. The usual CRY person who calls me up can be reached at +918017347614.
Thanks, is this SMILE the same NGO which deals with cleft lip/ cleft palate? Do they accept transfer from foreign banks? I will contact the number over WhatsApp. Thanks again.

Do not equate the Indian government with a party leader. Leaders will come and go in a democracy. Government will remain.
Yes, very true. I will forever remain grateful to Indian government.

Marcus, how's the situation in Kolkata?
My wife tested negative today, no fever or cough. She will be joining us on 13th...so happy...

Last edited:
Do not equate the Indian government with a party leader. Leaders will come and go in a democracy. Government will remain.
True
Trying to add rational point, if we do something positive - Bhakts believe we are their brethren and the moment we raise logical questions - we are against Indian Govt and not against the particular leader. I hope you all understand what I'm trying to convey.

There are millions who support Modi and a large section of those must be smarter than me. He must have done something really good to get this kind of support. Or is it just the lack of opposition?
hmm, it is very difficult question to answer

On another note, Hitler managed to get German support and go on to become Fuhrer even though Germany had intellectuals like Karl Marx, Einstein or Werner Heisenberg and these were notable people across the globe not just in Germany.

Sometime, situation plays with humans.

PS: I'm not comparing Modi to Hitler or vice versa or insulting anyone, So Bhakts please stay calm.

Last edited:
Thank you. That is a very well written plan. This is how an epidemic is approached. Hope you noticed it is based around identifying cases, pockets of cases (hot spots), contact tracing and containment ( quarantine, isolation, but no nation wise lockdown) No matter how you look at it, without testings nothing will work. It is very tedious work, but must be done. There will be goof ups, many tracings will end up with no results, people will mess up the swabs and blame kits, and most tragic, lives will be lost. But if India can stick with the plans and the key people do not loose focus by PM`s weekly circus, a LOT of lives will be saved.
BUT the mindset "it is just a bad flu, and can be treated with PCM, HCQS, Azithral , Vit D etc. with lockdown" continues the world will soon forget Italy and Spain.
BTW, vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin and even a very low level is not usually treated by sane physicians, 2 hours of exposure to sunlight can raise it sufficiently. However oral D3 supplement, specially arachitol can cause life threatening hypercalcimia.

India has just lockdown but testing is almost negligible only 80000 till yesterday

Hopefully we can scale up the testing this week as fast as the manufacturing.

As of 3rd April its 50 per million people; 69,245 in total from this source-

But look at the numbers Germany is posting here as of 31st March which is a bit outdated now. India is at 35 per million here.

1586079203603.png

Did you guys see any testing numbers on the Ministry page here?

Can you point me to the source with test data for India? Our internal analyst's data still shows 35-40 tests per million. But it's not being updated for 3 days.
AFAIK mylab's kit was supposed to hit market by 29th March. All newer kits I've seen are produced in small quantities (few thousands) for test runs.
Source, for manufacturing https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...f-covid-19-test-kits/articleshow/74945929.cms

We only ramped up testing since 2 days thanks to super spreaders, got this image from another forum.
updated-corona.png

On another note why does this sorry excuse of a human being kanika kapoor gets 7 tests.

People never objected to clapping or showing support to Police, Security Personal and Health care professionals during this time - unless it is being told through political centerstage.
You think people would listen if not given by most powerful person. How many in india would have clapped or asked to stayed at home, if some doctor came on the news and asked for the same. Lots of people listen to their country leaders, its a powerful platform. Even Dr Anthony Fauci said at podium with seal of the president of united states, if he was not on the task force people just want listen.

Last edited:
An unrelated question, mods may delete it if inappropriate.
My hatred for Modi is primarily based on his speeches, demonization, strange implementation of GST and the recent NRC/ CAA.
Plus what I have witnessed in 2019.
Never in life, followed politics as my primary focus was to study and help father running the family ( I come from a middle class Bengali family, we didn't even have a car and Darjeeling was our ultimate travel destination...you get the picture)
Things started to change for better after completing post graduation and eventually ended up in Europe and within a year became part of a completely different society.
Now, coming back to the point. There are millions who support Modi and a large section of those must be smarter than me. He must have done something really good to get this kind of support. Or is it just the lack of opposition?
Well demonetization I do not know what it achieved apart from me standing in the queue to get the currency exhchanged but it sure did wipe out the black money from every person in India who had it. Did it effect our economy i guess it did. GST I agree. NRC/ CAA I disagree, last week while I was reviewing 4months worth of night footage at 64x speed( intent was to check how old puppies in my street where) I saw lots of Illegal people moving about in night. Before CAA I saw illegals camping in foot paths in broad daylight.
Look at all these illegals, I dont care what religion they are but we are overpopulated country and we don't need more people coming in.

Last edited:
You think people would listen if not given by most powerful person. How many in india would have clapped or asked to stayed at home, if some doctor came on the news and asked for the same. Lots of people listen to their country leaders, its a powerful platform. Even Dr Anthony Fauci said at podium with seal of the president of united states, if he was not on the task force people just want listen.
If its the case then we didn't needed Police and Security Personnel enforcing the lockdown - only word from the Most Powerful Men would have been enough.

I do agree to the point that we need to be more disciplined and people slip away with their democracy fundas (such as right to so and so).

I also request you to not to post religious content (especially when the media is fanning communalism - we (as a country) can not fight two wars (one against Corona and one against communalism)

PS: I don't want to argue further, these points will not take us further.

Back