What exactly is Government of India doing?

Wow!! ICMR is trying to establish smoking and chewing tobacco with the spread the virus ( disgusting habits for sure, and I smoke)
Yeah! To support an idiot's idea, you have to turn off lights and run the ceiling fans.
India has become the first 4th world country.
Luv Agarwal's speech and posture is a torture to watch.

Anyone read this document?

Thopughts? comments? I felt the document was well thought out and what we can expect from the government in case of a large outbreak
Thanks, this is what i want to see in this discussion. Official documents.

The purpose of this 21 day lock down is to buy time for the govt to prepare for casualties.

It's also an attempt to stymie the spread. Break the infection chains.

Had a few forwards about this earlier. It will be fine :)
The voltage increased from 228v to 235v in my area around the 9pm mark. Forget to check frequency. I was running on UPS since 8pm.
Now the voltage is 222v at 9:40pm, did people turn on the Air conditioners or the utility guys are controlling the output.
At 9:50Pm its now 218v

Last edited:
Wow!! India celebrated like Diwali!! We all just watched it on a Bengali news channel. People here couldn't believe it, since they don't understand Bengali.
Unbelievable...now we are celebrating death with fireworks!!

Wow!! ICMR is trying to establish smoking and chewing tobacco with the spread the virus ( disgusting habits for sure, and I smoke)

Just watched his today's press-brief.
He talked about advisory for avoiding tobacco, guktha in public places because it makes people spit around. The link is still human saliva.

Those who dedicated their lives for this achievement will never accept it.
Post automatically merged:

Wow!! India celebrated like Diwali!! We all just watched it on a Bengali news channel. People here couldn't believe it, since they don't understand Bengali.
Unbelievable...now we are celebrating death with fireworks!!

Count it as a salient feature of this new 4th world country.

Misleading videos with the intent to instigate the gullible to disregard govt advisories and make us fail !

Corona virus does not infect muslims. People actually believe this ?? :(

Incite religious passions. SO if people are not affected then why those health workers are coming and taking them away. Fight them !!

Meanwhile, what the government and companies are doing, https://www.cnbctv18.com/healthcare...or-manufacturing-to-airlift-parts-5605521.htm
"
the government is planning to airlift critical ventilator components from Shanghai in China, which is one of the key component suppliers to Indian ventilator manufacturers. A special flight to airlift components will be arranged in 2-4 days and manufacturers have to ask to co-ordinate with component vendors and arrange supplies in Shanghai.

Apart from logistics support, the government has fast-tracked all approval processes and also relaxed the criteria required to be fulfilled to secure a government order. Manufacturers having an installed base of 100 ventilators and 2 years of operations will be eligible to secure orders

As of now, two consortium's have secured government orders for 40,000 ventilators: Bharat Electronic Ltd along with Mysuru based Skanray Technologies has received the order to manufacture 30,000 ventilators. The second order for 10,000 ventilators has been given to the consortium of Maruti Suzuki and Noida based ventilator maker AgVa Healthcare

To expand manufacturing bases, the government has asked auto manufacturers to step in and experts say established ventilator makers will giving designs and validation.

Skanray is in the process of clinically validating the respirator that Mahindra and Mahindra have designed and says it can be used to sustain patients in an extreme emergency.

The government has also promised to assist these smaller manufacturers to secure finance by making advance payments. Prof Diwakar Vaish, Founder of AgVa Healthcare said, “We have received a written commitment from government that 25 percent of our order value will be paid in advance. This will be a huge help in working capital.” Skanray has received a similar advance payment commitment.

AgVa that has partnered with Maruti Suzuki is also in talks with government-owned Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd for a similar tie-up. “Our first line in the facility that Maruti is arranging may start manufacturing in 1-2 days. When BHEL also comes on board, we plan to produce 900 ventilators in a single day in 3 parallel lines.” Our ventilators designs are already approved and validated.
"

Agva is a start up using a tablet or phone with their app to be the brains of the machine. While the mysore based Skanray which has worldwide presence through various acquisitions makes the more sophisticated ICU type ventilators.

DRDO is using all of its resources to make PPE and N99 masks, since some of materials still come from china, DRDO is using a sealant for PPE which it used in submarine applications instead of the seaming Tapes typically come from china. They can make 7000 suits a day and will ramp it up in coming days.
N99, is being made on war footing using nano technology. A total of 10,000 masks have already been made and soon per day production will be extended to 20,000.
Even the railways has gotten into the business

"It will cost around Rs 10,000 without the compressor. Once we have the ICMR approval, if we have all the materials, we will be able to produce 100 such ventilators a day," Ravinder Gupta, general manager of the RCF and the brain behind Jeevan, told PTI.

India might need anywhere between 110,000-220,000 ventilators by May 15 in the worst-case scenario. The number of ventilators today available in the country is a maximum of 57,000 and come with a cost of Rs 5-Rs 15 lakh, according to a Brookings report.

We need to close that gap. Some how

but for DIY hacks nothing beats this :D

Thing with ventilators isn't just the lack of them but the technicians needed to tweak settings. Most doctors don't know much about operating them.

Last edited:
For those who were supporting the Prince Charles Cured Of COVID-19 through Ayurveda
Here is the Fact Check - https://thelogicalindian.com/fact-check/prince-charles-ayurveda-covid-19-coronavirus-20456

Again, I'm not getting into the debate. Still, if we are making anything to get posted on our social media - we should ourselves verify it - This way, the way this news hype got created - it gives a wrong impression of our country's culture, traditions. It also impacts our country's reputation too.

This is the only point I wanted to raise.

For a mild infection he could have cured himself with chicken soup.

A lot of people just get told to take tylennol and get some rest.

Yeah but the guy is 70+ years old. COVID has been the grim reaper so far for that demographic.
If you have pre existing conditions then yes.

Isolate the vulnerable. Germany has had a zero visitor policy to old age and nursing homes for some time now.

Only if one is literally on their death bed will they allow some one to come and then its just one person.

The results are there for every one to see. These steps cost nothing and any country can emulate them.

Last edited:
Yeah! To support an idiot's idea, you have to turn off lights and run the ceiling fans.
Luv Agarwal's speech and posture is a torture to watch.
Not 4th. It's 1000th or even lower. Lower than Somalia or any such third class warn torn country.

I realize this is directed to another member, but here's my take: The author is not a physician or related to medicine/virology. There are no references in that article. All the talk about covid binding to hemoglobin is based on computer simulations. Chloroquine is/was considered effective against coronavirus due to its activity against viral replication. Chloroquine is not a safe drug and cannot cure covid.

The exact mechanism of antiviral intervention by chloroquine is not yet elucidated but is possibly a multitarget mechanism, depending on the time point at which the drug is added. When added during and shortly after infection, chloroquine probably affects the endosome-mediated fusion, and when the drug is given after this first target, it can still act on later stages of the viral life cycle, as reported for other viruses ..
...Thus, chloroquine appears to act only on the entry of HCoV-OC43 and not on the later stages of the replication cycle.

This is complete bullshit. I am seeing ARDS ( which is basically non cardiogenic pulmonary edema) and pneumonitis every single day.
The mechanism of lung damage is possibly autoimmune mediated.
His explanation for MOA is completely wrong. HCQS increases intracellular zinc, which inhibits the first stage of reverse transcriptase.
What about this

Back