What exactly is Government of India doing?

India is fortunate to be a big enough country and I guess without as much inter-region travel or tourism. States like North East and rural areas can be opened up as long as flow to contagious regions can be checked thoroughly. Unless the flu has spread much more than govt figures show. But I wonder if that can be done, after all govt couldn't do much about the incoming foreign carriers in first place, and seems like isn't providing sufficient testing to contagious reasons

Chiron, what kind of figures are you looking for? I have exact data of Spain, Czech Republic and Poland.
Everyone has US figures.
I have data provided by ICMR.
Please tell me what you want, I will try to provide with the exact data.
Post automatically merged:

Having very high fever ( 104 degrees F) I sincerely hope it's Corona. Really want to feel the thing ( thankfully the kid is with his grandparents and wife already had it)
I'm too strong to get killed by it, but needed to feel this. Too many people died in my arms, may be I made some mistakes...karma!!

Last edited:
It will be millions, but then India wouldn't be able to afford for a single day of lockdown.
Please try to understand one thing, how can the infection rise 35 times without community transmission and the harshest lockdown.
Thats what my question is... In lockdown period how come suddenly people are getting infected when the whole area is sealed and zonal movement is 100% restricted?
Is the virus infecting the air around by carrying the infection through air from one city to another & thus slowly the enter environment is getting infected?
If so then tomorow even though we are safe, one fine day we find ourselvs infected with no exposure.
This is a major cause of worry...

Thats what my question is... In lockdown period how come suddenly people are getting infected when the whole area is sealed and zonal movement is 100% restricted?
Thats all in theory but in reality people still freely break the rules. In some areas where the poor stay, while the roads are blocked, they still have tiny shops within and people crowd them. Maids, newspaper delivery persons will spread them while they themself will have no symptoms.
Supermarket, grocery stores, medical stores are all places of potential virus, with supplies coming from outside from other places with potential virus carriers.

1. (More likely) India was way past community transmission and the lockdown is a massive success.
However it that case Modi is a liar.
2. India was indeed in stage 2 ( unlikely) and after two months of harsh lockdown and complete economic destruction, India will have 50000 people infected without community transmission ( something going to have a place in record books)
In this scenario Modi/ health ministry, ICMR should have idiot as their middle names.

A friend of mine, working @ Peerless hospital, Kolkata tested positive on Sunday.
He is a surgeon, mostly on quarantine leave, and didn't see a single patient in last 2 weeks ( went to Peerless only on 12th and 14th March but didn't enter RCU/ ICU, didn't see anyone in OPD/ ER, basically went to HR department for some work)

A friend of mine, working @ Peerless hospital, Kolkata tested positive on Sunday.
He is a surgeon, mostly on quarantine leave, and didn't see a single patient in last 2 weeks ( went to Peerless only on 12th and 14th March but didn't enter RCU/ ICU, didn't see anyone in OPD/ ER, basically went to HR department for some work)

Heard from my mother that Peerless has been sealed now for a massive cleanup/disinfection effort. Too much infection has spread in the hospital. Maybe even the HR department has infected people?

Must be.
Something very controversial and defies logic:Nicotine has protective effect. I'm a living example.
My wife also has this bad habit, but she got the infection, but symptoms were relatively mild for her too.
Both of us had direct contact with thousands of severe cases.

^^ It is basically passive immunity. If 100 percent efficacy, it will have some role, but it can't replace vaccine ( active immunity)
Post automatically merged:

They've already flip-flopped on it just like everything else, it was just a hypothesis based on a group in one country and is yet to be proven.
Not hypothesis, just case study report. Even if proven beneficial nobody will dare publishing..

Himachal had no red zones till yesterday. My whole district didn't even have one single case reported till yesterday. So they allowed people to come back from other regions. And just like the Indian government had taken a casual approach when people were arriving from abroad, similarly the state government failed at ensuring the safety of the people who had been patiently following the lockdown rules all this while. There was no institutional quarantine for the people who entered and no way to know whether they were even practising isolated quarantine inside their homes. So yesterday we had our first positive COVID case in our district in a village 31kms away from mine. Now they have put 27 other people under observation as well and a few of them minutes away from my house. The biggest blunder is comitted by the people themselves as they decided to travel back with strangers sharing taxis and then not staying put inside their homes as they were supposed to be. Now we will be declared a containment zone and it will cause economic losses as well as other distress to people who had been roaming freely since last week, when our markets had been opened. Is there any way one can sue the administration for their casual approach. Also, if they have already displayed this casualness then why become serious now and close everything up. They should just treat this like any other illness as others have been saying in this thread. How can they get away by being casual when they want and strict the next minute? How is that strategy going to help anyone?

Himachal had no red zones till yesterday. My whole district didn't even have one single case reported till yesterday. So they allowed people to come back from other regions. And just like the Indian government had taken a casual approach when people were arriving from abroad, similarly the state government failed at ensuring the safety of the people who had been patiently following the lockdown rules all this while. There was no institutional quarantine for the people who entered and no way to know whether they were even practising isolated quarantine inside their homes. So yesterday we had our first positive COVID case in our district in a village 31kms away from mine. Now they have put 27 other people under observation as well and a few of them minutes away from my house. The biggest blunder is comitted by the people themselves as they decided to travel back with strangers sharing taxis and then not staying put inside their homes as they were supposed to be. Now we will be declared a containment zone and it will cause economic losses as well as other distress to people who had been roaming freely since last week, when our markets had been opened. Is there any way one can sue the administration for their casual approach. Also, if they have already displayed this casualness then why become serious now and close everything up. They should just treat this like any other illness as others have been saying in this thread. How can they get away by being casual when they want and strict the next minute? How is that strategy going to help anyone?
I completely sympathize with you mate, Sadly in India people don't learn. Government had two bad options to let the migrants starve after they run out of their personal money and then get a riot or send them back, the people are to blame, look at the social distancing gone to a toss in the alcohol stores nation wide. I think we may see a another hard lockdown, lucky or unlucky for you are part of the essential service in your area.

Best to get yourself a couple of liters of alcohol based sanitizer, goggles or face shield like I did, we can't rely on others to do the right thing.

Now the government is going to have ships and aircraft returning indian economic migrants from foreign nations. I hope they have a containent place to hold them, since these people are not going to self quarantine once they return.

Last edited:
Lockdowns will only delay the spread and thats exactly what they are supposed to do. No that there is no cure/vaccine for this virus; the government was supposed to setup infrastructure to deal with this because you cannot keep people locked down for ever.
if we do some simple napkin math, assuming 10% of the infections would be serious requiring icus and 2% death it would be about 2+ million people dead of over 1.2 billion population. The million dollar question to government is: what are they doing to bring that death count from 2+ million to very low value.
If a person dies of hunger due to lockdown, government cannot pat on their back stating that they controlled the coronavirus deaths. they just shifted the number from "death by corona" to "death by hunger".
Now, I dont see any official briefings or statements on plan of action which worries me a lot. People like Telangana chief minister and others are very enthusiastic about lockdown but the morons dont have any plan on how to lift the lockdown. Its a shame.
Some one has to take responsibility and no matter how you look at; the buck stops at Modi and the chief ministers.

Some one has to take responsibility and no matter how you look at; the buck stops at Modi and the chief ministers.

You know how the political climate is in India last couple of years. There will be no accountability whatsoever after all this blows over.. When the people themselves are irresponsible, then what can you expect from the government chosen by them. One of the guys on the TE WhatsApp group just shared an ordeal one of his friend's aunt's family is going through in Wadala, Mumbai. The Aunt's husband passed away due to CoVID and now the whole family is being held at a quarantine facility for 3 days without being tested. When the guy asked the police to help, they slapped him and told him to stay inside their homes and allow the doctors to do their jobs. They are just holding the family without doing any tests. This sounds so eerily like what must have happened in China. With no recourse of justice, many such atrocities will be committed and human rights will be trampled upon by our administration and police.

This is what India has become...worse than African countries!! ( Edited China out, hoping India hasn't crossed that limit of barbarian activities. .itching to leak out China's cruelty against mankind)
People below poverty line, if lucky, get some media media attention.
It's the middle class, who has to suffer, even die in silence. Their votes don't count, they can't make huge donations for political parties before elections, so they are disposable.
Really sad state of affairs.

Last edited:
Back