What exactly is Government of India doing?

I am surprised as to no one is talking about more pressing needs, that is, expenditure on health. With a little over 1% of GDP, we must be one of the lowest. We are currently testing at ~2500/1 million, Russia tests ~47,000/1 million USa around 50,000/1 million.

Point is everyone is talking as if social distancing is the panacea to fight against covid. But, we are forgetting that people are still contracting covid despite maintaining all health parameters( Indigo Chennai covid case). The health infrastructure should have been strengthened so that people's immunity would have warded off covid. Putting the entire blame on people not maintaining social distancing seems incorrect to me.
Sir, if anyone does that then you will be considered the anti-national or in better words of Andh Bhakts - you become Gaddar.

Not to mention the agony you go through after - once you asked logical question.

SC is also screwed up like other institutions - it happily accepts the applications/petitions from Arnab but if its for migrants then it will be taken as per the schedule.

The lock down is not being followed in your state. That is the simple answer. The enforcement is lax. During lockdown 1.0 there were inter ministerial teams that visited 6 states because there were flagrant violations. What is really upsetting is they gave Gujarat a clean chit.

Your testing is fine i can see that with the graphs but if containment & contact tracing is not being done that is two legs of the three that are missing.

What is the solution for maha ? president's rule ?

There are slums all over India not just in Bombay. Positivity rates in NYC are even higher. There are no slums there. No masks and lax enforcement.
FYI combined all slums in India, Mumbai slums can easily house all of them & still leave space for slums of Sri lanka and not to ignore the density of people living inch to inch. And Mumbai is in top 5 populous city of the world with 60%+ only migrants who are anxious to go back to home. And you expect lockdown to be followed strictly when outsiders are staying here and willing to return back home at any cost!
The infected people form Mumbai are actually infecting MH. This pathetic govt. dont know why, allowed inter-city transport from Mumbai when it should be banned staright for 6 months. So other cities should have got less infected.

And for US/NY, the president and the public is @Hol as US feels too over smart and over confident and this very ego attitude will soon make them fall in front of other powerful countries incl. India. So US will be wagging tails in front of others.

Lockdown was very well followed at least in Pune & I'm a witness for the same. Lax are everywhere, even when Gods ruled there were lax isn't it?

To control only Mumbai a spl. govt. needs to be formed or name Mumbai a union territory.
And yeah I'm not interested in defending any city country or state or planet.

For Mumbai all I can say is do a strict lockdown for 2 more months and ban peoples movement to-fro till December by cutting down on road.rail/air/water/gas etc. traveling.

This....

If you can't face the truth, you arm twist those exposing the truth.. :banghead::banghead:

The infected people form Mumbai are actually infecting MH. This pathetic govt. dont know why, allowed inter-city transport from Mumbai when it should be banned staright for 6 months. So other cities should have got less infected.
True but who allowed it - Government of Maharashtra or Government of India - I don't recall Mr. Puri (Aviation Minister) being part of Maharastra Cabinet nor AAI comes under any of the states jurisdiction. Some too much wise ppls are worried about Economy now and not of ppl of India.

For Mumbai all I can say is do a strict lockdown for 2 more months and ban peoples movement to-fro till December by cutting down on road.rail/air/water/gas etc. traveling.
Easier said than done - no one has any plan to engage ppl so they will avoid coming out - their is an option of drone surveillance to keep watch on people but same is not possible when it comes to delivering essentials.

All I can say is Mumbai is gone for good for a yr given the current scene. The migrants shouldn't return, let the metro and other infra. developments take a huge hit, let it all halt for a yr or two. Slowly resume all operations only after late 2021. Being a Mumbaikar I can say this for its betterment...

The migrants should have been taken care of .
By the state or the center . They shoud have sorted it among themselves . This is not the way we should treat our own people. I sincerely hope all the people responsible for this gross mismanagement pay the price of this debacle , and I mean the state and the centre .

As soon as the lockdown started free trains for them should have been provided for them.
As I am well aware that no state is capable of providing for food , shelter and water for them in this lockdown .
They were not jobless , but their meagre savings were exhausted when living in the big cities without jobs .
They should have immediately been repatriated to their home states .
They did not ask for free food or shelter , they merely asked the trains to run so they could go back home .
The trains running for them should have been free with free food and water provided at the main stations .
State transport buses too should have been mobilised .

I get it that if they went home immediately after the first lockdown was announced they might have infected the people in the villages too .
But now almost 2.5 months later going back the risk is even more .

What's with the exorbitant price of ppe's in hospitals .
I get they like to fleece the people but at a time of a calamity like this it is not good . Upto half of the bills are comprising of ppe's cost . Supreme leader and other state politicians conveniently will ignore this too .

Thank you for your time.
Rant over !

Sending the migrants back to their respective states just further proves the carelessness of the govt. They obviously neither care for the migrants or the states. Had they cared for them, a temporary facility would have been prepared where they could have assessed the health of the migrants post quarantining before sending them back to their homes. Sending them back without the minimum tests even just show their disregard and selfishness, also ridding of any responsibility. Simply because these migrants are now coming back to their respective states resulted in shooting up the green zones to become orange and orange become red. This is so ridiculous.

Sending the migrants back to their respective states just further proves the carelessness of the govt. They obviously neither care for the migrants or the states. Had they cared for them, a temporary facility would have been prepared where they could have assessed the health of the migrants post quarantining before sending them back to their homes. Sending them back without the minimum tests even just show their disregard and selfishness, also ridding of any responsibility. Simply because these migrants are now coming back to their respective states resulted in shooting up the green zones to become orange and orange become red. This is so ridiculous.
Not to forget the likes of Piyush Goyal and Ravi Shankar Prasad - targeting the Non-BJP ruled state and busy doing their dirty politics.

The migrants should have been taken care of .
By the state or the center . They shoud have sorted it among themselves . This is not the way we should treat our own people. I sincerely hope all the people responsible for this gross mismanagement pay the price of this debacle , and I mean the state and the centre .

As soon as the lockdown started free trains for them should have been provided for them.
As I am well aware that no state is capable of providing for food , shelter and water for them in this lockdown .
They were not jobless , but their meagre savings were exhausted when living in the big cities without jobs .
They should have immediately been repatriated to their home states .
They did not ask for free food or shelter , they merely asked the trains to run so they could go back home .
The trains running for them should have been free with free food and water provided at the main stations .
State transport buses too should have been mobilised .

I get it that if they went home immediately after the first lockdown was announced they might have infected the people in the villages too .
But now almost 2.5 months later going back the risk is even more .

What's with the exorbitant price of ppe's in hospitals .
I get they like to fleece the people but at a time of a calamity like this it is not good . Upto half of the bills are comprising of ppe's cost . Supreme leader and other state politicians conveniently will ignore this too .

Thank you for your time.
Rant over !
india was testing 10k at that time with less testing kits n quarantine center not setup so sending back 75 lakhs migrants would have create chaos in up n bihar

as for paying price for the debacle change every govt in every state n centre in coming elections

As if keeping them where they were didn't create any chaos or suffering.
either way chaos will happen in a poverty uneducated 137cr country in area 1/3 of USA

India wont hav strict lockdown during peak, thats trouble as other countries had, so early lockdown maybe a wrong decision

This Hindi journalist has figured out exactly what govt is doing:

(watch complete video)
Really heartbreaking stories... couldn't watch till the end. Who can save a country from such a criminally careless government!!
Value of life has always been very low, but this shining new India is getting worse than certain African countries.

Really heartbreaking stories... couldn't watch till the end. Who can save a country from such a criminally careless government!!
Value of life has always been very low, but this shining new India is getting worse than certain African countries.
whole african continent population equals to indian population how can you compare

Wow. Confirmed cases are so capped and flat. Looks better than Indian roads.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200530-214724630.jpg
    Screenshot_20200530-214724630.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Honestly, I don't know.
JHU is mostly known for clinical studies ( specially antibiotics and infectious diseases)
But there may be small papers on food borne epidemics. But no major studies.

Back