What exactly is Government of India doing?

Well, when we ventilate patients, we are accused of being using mechanical ventilation too early. When we wait, and the patient dies, it is complete lack of critical care. I agree, in some cases in India, there is lack of critical care, BUT many patients in Europe/US actually died with best possible critical care set ups. I personally put a young patient through ECMO for 12 days. We were supporting everything ( ventilation/dialysis/ vasopressors/ECMO) yet he died of a massive posterior circulation stroke ( I do not know of any critical care facility which can take care of ponto-medullary functions from outside)
People are dying because we do not have a cure for this virus.
Let me tell you one thing ( uncle Google won`t be able to tell you this) Critical Care medicine is basically extremely glorified symptomatic management ( other than bacterial sepsis few cardiac emergencies, very few neurological emergencies)
I/ we/ 56incher do not decide the timeline buddy, it is the damn virus who does. And sadly for India, it now has a vast susceptible population to infect and kill and unfortunately India can not go back to lockdown when this thing peaks.
Post automatically merged:

This is Czech Republic's site where anyone can enter and look for any statistical data.
Anyone can request for the raw data, they are not hiding anything.
Please use Google translate if don't read Czech.
The cause is a lot simpler than you think

Read the high courts judgement

They compare two hospitals with very different results. Why is that difference there ?

Same thing is happening in LNJP Delhi

This is complete mismanagement. There was enough time to allocate resources. These are not backward states. There is no shortage of personnel.

Jun 01 India health infrastructure.jpg

Compare infrastructure between TN & Maha. Same isn't it. Look at the difference in death rates.

Why is it 10x higher for Maha, all other things being equal ?

This is a very controllable disease if you have an adminstration that wants to do it.

They compare two hospitals with very different results. Why is that difference there ?

This is complete mismanagement. There was enough time to allocate resources. These are not backward states. There is no shortage of personnel.

View attachment 86529

Compare infrastructure between TN & Maha. Same isn't it. Look at the difference in death rates.

This is a very controllable disease if you have an adminstration that wants to do it.

Friends, This propaganda post deliberately did not mention RML hospital of Delhi, which is under central government.

Situation is almost same in entire Delhi.

And everybody knows when it comes to talk about death rate, which state will make us worry most. Gujarat.

Last edited:

View attachment 86529

Dear, I have no idea about your experience and competency in critical care. We treat patients with our knowledge, skill sets and personal experience, not some court order. Yes, sure it is a very controllable disease yet we do not yet know the exact mode of transmission, range of incubation period, even all the symptoms.
NO SIR, IT IS WAY MORE COMPLICATED THAN I THINK OR KNOW. I can intubate a patient faster than you can say WTF! I can put in all lines required for ECMO and can operate it like an iphone. Yet, lost many, many patients to this virus.
If you think, you can do it, PM me, I will give you the contact details of the person, who will rope you in and pay 10 times what we are paid.

In non ventilated patients, nope, but used prone ventilation in lot of patients.
The study is interesting. Wondering how did they turn a severely dyspneic patient to prone position without putting in an ET tube.
I mean, if you put a dyspneic patient prone and if he/ she worsens, how the hell are you going to intubate in prone position?

Last edited:
Neighbour upstairs to me got diagnosed with covid and in isolation for 14 days. Today govt people came to check if people in building had contact with him and took our house no, names and contact number etc to put in their tracing form.

Guess the govt is taking it very seriously.

In non ventilated patients, nope, but used prone ventilation in lot of patients.
The study is interesting. Wondering how did they turn a severely dyspneic patient to prone position without putting in an ET tube.
I mean, if you put a dyspneic patient prone and if he/ she worsens, how the hell are you going to intubate in prone position?

They are suggesting prone positioning to patients waiting for intubation.

Yes,I understood that, but imagine the problems associated with turning a patient supine, intubate under an emergency situation with patients crashing at random ( typical covid ICU)...
I'm a pretty reckless person and not scared of going all out to save a life, even for me, it sounds a little too risky.
Every second of cerebral hypoxia kills thousands of neurons.

This is nothing new, this freaky virus is attacking the posterior circulation of brain like crazy..
I don't want to freak you people out, but this has been the craziest virus, known to mankind yet.
Eg.
This thing enters CNS through cribriform plate ( causing damage to olfactory nerve leading to anosmia) however it causes selective vasculitis of the posterior circulation!!

Many people develop severe ARDS like symptoms with perfectly fine CT done within hours of maximum symptoms. However within less than 8 hours it completely destroyed both the lungs.

I know of at least 8 patients who died of ARDS, however upto 6 RTPCR (in each patient) were negatives. Only the post mortem sample came positive ( post mortem here means after death, not autopsy)

There were few patients who surely died of hepatorenal failures ( zero urine in 24 hours, LFT off the roof) yet the creatinine level didn't cross 2, urea level hovered around 50.

A young male under me died of myocarditis ( I'm 1000 percent sure of it, did echo multiple times and both the ventricles were gone, rechecked with cardiologists) however his CPK MB never rose in 48 hours ( I didn't sleep for a second for 4 days, thinking about it, couldn't find a logical answer)

I'm not into clinics, but do know critical care medicine and worked in CCU in wartime, ebola etc. Never been fooled so many times by a ****ing virus...

Last edited:
Throughout the interview Mr. Trivedi failed to understand a single question and spewed the same nonsense over and over again!! It was really painful to go through the entire video. Why is it so difficult to accept failures, learn from those and try the best to prevent further damage?
The way things are going, India will break all the records of mortality and morbidity in next 4-6 weeks and by mid September will cross combined cases of USA, Brazil and Russia. Where will these people hide then? EVERY AGENCIES directly involved in this pandemic in EU and USA warned India that they are just delaying the inevitable, but these idiots made fun of them, thinking the virus will simply go away in 3 months. Where are those people now, who thought improving R naught values during nationwide lockdown is a major achievement ( it was a natural phenomenon) ? What happened to daily press briefings from health ministry? They were warned many times, ICMR`s " experts" were literally taught epidemiology all over again...I was literally told to shut the fcuk up when I asked about the validity of doubling time during blanket lockdown. A very senior doctor @ ICMR told me that we have too much bookish knowledge, and things do not work out in India according to basics of epidemiology of infectious disease and India can easily get away without strict contact tracing, and we are idiots to give so much time and effort in contact tracing.
No one in Spanish government doubted us this much, they just followed our instructions to the best of their abilities. Yes, lot of lives were lost there, but the situation is completely under control now and they are still working very hard.

Last edited:
Throughout the interview Mr. Trivedi failed to understand a single question and spewed the same nonsense over and over again!! It was really painful to go through the entire video.
You seem to know this inside and out, must be keeping tabs on the developing situation with hydroxychloroquine? Apparently it actually does work to some degree according to recent studies. What do you make of it?

^^ No man, no one knows everything about this virus. And virologists know a lot more than me.
However my own understanding of HCQS efficacy remained unchanged. It is of NO USE in critically ill patients. It certainly worsens ventilated patients and make them more difficult to wean off. I did not give it to a single ventilated patient under my care.
In prophylaxis: CAN be given, however personally I won`t ( but I don`t know if the elevated intracellular zinc provides any protection or not)
In mild cases: NO, as now we know elevated intra cellular zinc is not inhibiting the first step of reverse transcriptase anymore. And I do not want my patients to have nausea along with pre existing cough, fever etc. For mild cases would not give ANYTHING. I know in India broad spectrum antibiotics are being used, but have not seen a single positive patient developing bacterial pneumonia along with this virus. I am extremely cautious with antibiotics and extremely generous with paracetamol.

Back