What exactly is Government of India doing?

When we are forced to submit statistical analysis amidst an epidemic ( happened during Ebola), we use absolutely crude measurements like doubling time, some even use T half.
Trust me on this, when something like covid 19 happens, these values are absolutely useless. They are only useful for retrospective analysis.
Even measuring mortality before reaching the downward limb of an epidemic is of little practical value ( unless CFR ís very high)
We epidemiologists tend to calculate a lot while working as clinicians.
Normal clinicians don't look at a patient's address. I do, all the time...and plays continuously at back of my mind..trying to calculate how many cases are we going to get from that area...how much time do I have to clear some ER beds/ how many ventilators do I have/ whom can I extubate the earliest with least risk.
Calculating so much stresses you out, you take wrong decisions and they come back to haunt you.
Post automatically merged:

Yes, I can say with absolute conviction, that no effective vaccine will ever come. Each and every virologist/ immunologist/ epidemiologist who has contact with reality knows this.
That's why we are against this pointless lockdowns.

Without knowing jack about medicine and epidemiology and vaccinology, i too am convinced there will be no vaccine and even if there is it will most probably be a sham by govts. and big pharma to keep the sheep placated, with little actual effect more than a placebo or the human body's natural defenses overcoming the virus. I know this because till date there are no really effective vaccines against coronaviruses and rhinoviruses. And if and when a (radical, new) technology to develop a vaccine for these come out, medical science as we know it would be revolutionised and many existing disease will be eradicated. Think of it as the next step in developments like stem cells and CRISPR. But with current medical tech, nada.

You are absolutely right. A major part (nutrition, neurology, psychiatry) of modern medicine is completely broken. And techies/ engineers are possibly most suited to provide the clearest outsider opinion, as your work revolves around sound logic.
Medical science often defies normal logic and is filled up with contradiction.
We do not even know how this virus spread yet we are trying to come up with a vaccine.
For decades we blamed saturated fat for atherogenesis , Lipitor made trillions (and will continue for decades), but the basic pathogenesis of atherosclerosis is now under some serious scrutiny (thanks to those brave souls who dared to raise their voices and demanded logic)
Same with depression, we tried to define it as just chemical imbalance, now our serotonin theory is falling apart as Tianeptine ( which acts exactly opposite to SSRIs) is working despite depleting serotonin.

We do not even know how this virus spread yet we are trying to come up with a vaccine.

Exactly my thoughts.
These days I'm very much scared to put across my thoughts and perspectives in front of anyone, Only a fraction of people remained who has the ability to think and apply logic is today's Indian society.
Scientists across globe at major research centre are still working 24x7 to discover what it is actually - it's symptoms and other facts, and on other hand there is a large group of peanut-brained people busy spreading misinformation of every shape and size.

We must not forget that medicine and weapons are the two biggest business in this planet earth form centuries. humanity has seen two world war because of these two very reasons.
For both these industry, the first step is to create the "need". Corona virus is just the beginning of something in the same line.

--

coming back to what the original topic "What exactly is Government of India doing".
They exactly know what they are doing.
They are building ram mandir, which will be completed just before the 2024 election - giving BJP yet another easy-pezy win.

Every govt in India exactly knew what they are/were doing. There was a strong reason why Swami Ranganathananda in 1960s have written to then prime minister of India, Indira Gandhi to take measures to keep politics and religion two separate thing. But he was honoured with some random award and sidelined.

Things has deteriorated rapidly in last decade, where most of the history/ text books has been altered and feed with propaganda. Common people don't have access to scriptures and original documents stating facts anymore.
Television was used to inject propaganda since 1990s, ( does anyone remembers the slogan of those days, "Garv se kaho hum hindu hai", "colgate - coke pepsi cola jan jan mein zeher ghola", etc), This are just more obvious after 2014 and its been used shamelessly.
Fake spiritual gurus were made to propel the propaganda in every section of society, nationally as well as internationally.

Now a large percentage of people of this country are so brainwashed and doomed, that they aren't able to see how one of our God has gradually being turned into a brand ambassador of communal disharmony and a symbol of hate across globe.
I don't know what happen and why the "Angry Hanuman" campaign was called off, else it would be the second symbol of hate and aggression in present India.

Whatever happen yesterday should be disheartening for true devotees of Lord Rama and is not a thing to be proud of.

Things are bad globally unfortunately...not only in India...our government here prevented the the first wave of the pandemic brilliantly, but now they are overdoing things ( possibly to show our western neighbors that how great our 2 countries are, despite being relatively weak economically) and killing the economy.
But I may be completely wrong, the world is fine, and something is wrong with my head.
After all the political leaders are running nations and I'm struggling with a family of 3!!

Last edited:

Why 50%? Because it's the minimum figure they can push to convince the sheep. Lower than that, people would start to question the validity of the entire exercise. So even if the real figure is like 40-45% they would still say 50%

The flu vaccines in the US are being promoted as 50% when in reality they are probably as good as placebo or natural body healing.

I'm not an anti-vaxxer, i strongly believe in the use of effective vaccines. But not sham ones.

Why 50%? Because it's the minimum figure they can push to convince the sheep.

This guy's a joke just like the WHO and has no credibility just because of the sheer number of flip-flops he has done over the past few months.

I'm not an anti-vaxxer, i strongly believe in the use of effective vaccines. But not sham ones.

People are having a field day commenting on his IG posts.

Fauci is definitely one of the better ones, and he's opposed Trump's views many times, and publicly, but even he has to bow to the establishment sometime...

More clarifications on official data:

Fact: each time she was hiding her smile i felt stupid i voted the most shameless illiterates to decide my fate.

Logged into forum after almost a hiatus of 6 months only to see a general warning ...

Coming to this video.. Karan thapar and wire discussing chinese virus in india with a University professor whose most probably only link with india is her name... Do i say more... i know i cannot tolerate this for more than 2 min so he fed all into her mouth and she just echoed what he said...... wonderful....

Last edited:
Trust me on this, when something like covid 19 happens, these values are absolutely useless. They are only useful for retrospective analysis.

This struck me. imo there is relevance in recording actual numbers but the methods seem like a combination of empirical and stochastic data and that can be skewed a lot. is even figuring out the number relevant?

Last edited:
Eat papad everyone!

Guess it doesn't work after all...:rolleyes:

There was a news link on reddit about some sadhu giving thousands of his followers his saliva ridden food as anti-corona medicine. That guy got infected with corona too. All his followers if they have two brain cells to rub together would have seen that he is no sadhu or any great human but a total fraud and lunatic who took advantage of them.

Really disgusting what people in India will do to take advantage of stupid mindless people who believe anything.

Ever tried shaming these politicians and babas highlights their double-standards towards common people's plight?

This thread is not about shaming and babus ....

Secondly, You get nothing by shaming these politicians and babu's .. rut have been in making for too long that you think that by poking fun on here .. u will can correct the things... than my salutes to you...

I have been doing what i can to make them fall in line and yes, i don't whine on forum sipping .. u know what....

As i said, Online forums are all about running propaganda and prove that incorrect is correct... i call it psychological warfare....and one particular set of people have mastered it....

This thread is not about shaming and babus ...

I have been doing what i can to make them fall in line and yes, i don't whine on forum sipping .. u know what....

As i said, Online forums are all about running propaganda and prove that incorrect is correct... i call it psychological warfare....and one particular set of people have mastered it....
I created this thread to únderstand the logic behind India's lockdown as the lockdown defied all common logic and basic principles of epidemiology.
If someone is trying to sell immune boosters during these trying times, he/she should be put behind bars.
Please let us know what exactly are you doing to put these idiots fall in line.
If you think the lockdown was a correct decision, please explain it to us in a scientific manner.
I can of course explain the opposite ( it was the biggest public health disaster in history) with statistics.
Would love to hear your POV.
PLEASE don't get offended by this post. I'm genuinely interested in how can someone still defend this disastrous decision ( mostly taken by people who never ever seen an viral endemic, let alone fight it)

Back