What exactly is Government of India doing?

Crystal ball is studying how things develop in other countries that have gone through similar.

Wuhan gives us an indication of how things will progress. They had 50k cases. Ground zero. Epicentre. You don't think that's a good case to look at. I've been following a guy who blogged about his experience there since this started on Jan 23.

Food was not an issue. It's not an issue even in hurricane hit areas of the US. The kind that leave nothing above 15 ft standing. I've spoken to people who experienced that. You get MRE packs and that is all you get for like two months. But you do not go hungry.

As I said temporary.

And if we don't provide food either through community canteens or similar then we face the same problems as well for that matter.

I lived through 9/11 there were community kitchens in the city for two months.

I was talking about local issues and you went straight to 9/11 o_O
On one hand you say CCP was caught with their pants down, now you're saying we won't have the same problem because we haven't been caught with our pants down ?
Either the govt. is incompetent or it isn't, you have to pick one. If this CV has done anything, it has FINALLY put the poor state of our healthcare infrastructure into the limelight for everyone to see.

Govt. run hospitals have always been in shambles, they had 6 years to do something about it which they didn't and now they are scrambling with poorly thought out implementations which makes the poor suffer once again just like Demo 2.0.
I hope the people remember this the next time their govt. is ready to splurge thousands of crores on MIC junk.

You can't logic your way out of the fact that the way this lockdown was implemented was not a big mistake.
Don't bother dude. He believes that GoI carried out Demonetization as Pakistan was going to flood our market with trillions of fake notes which is waht it would take to hit our economy hard.
I guess he is the sorta person who will keep on singing praises of whatever the government does even if hes croaking after catching COVID-19 although I hope he makes it out without any harm.

As for crystal balls he can poop them out every hour which is what it takes him to combine multiple posts and reply to them. :p

The lockdown was absolutely necessary but the dearth of planning in other critical areas is the standard operating procedure we have seen so far with the current government.....Good ideas on paper but piss-poor implementation.

Reminds of fresh MBA grads in my previous firm who are full of bright and shiny ideas on presentations but have no clue as to the implementation.

As for medical info flying around I would consider ourselves lucky we have a WHO epidemiologist here who has the lowdown on shit we don't know.

And that guy is busy responding to the shitposts by a brainwashed bot instead of disseminating proper info.
WhatsApp Image 2020-03-30 at 10.16.04 PM.jpeg

Couldn't find a English version but translation is roughly as follows-

In this picture one soldier is carrying a donkey. Don't think that its because of love. Its because if the donkey stepped on a mine he would blow up everyone else around him.

So keep the donkeys around you in check or else they will blow you up.

All in all - why this entire discussion is happening cause we (as a global community) are fighting this Coronavirus. It's a disease/infection for Rags & riches - it does not discriminate - like Lord Almighty does to us - had it been something related to rags only; nobody would have bothered except WHO and other humanitarian institutions.

Focus on helping poor, and needy & outcome will be different.
With all our advanced knowledge, technical prowess etc an invisible BUG is making us scurry away in fear to hide in our homes :)

I was talking about local issues and you went straight to 9/11 o_O
On one hand you say CCP was caught with their pants down, now you're saying we won't have the same problem because we haven't been caught with our pants down ?
Either the govt. is incompetent or it isn't, you have to pick one. If this CV has done anything, it has FINALLY put the poor state of our healthcare infrastructure into the limelight for everyone to see.
Stop being unnecessarily argumentative.

I've listed out areas that faced these issues and how the govts concerned responded. There is no rocket science involved here.

The govt is not incompetent which is a relief. We've had advance notice to act.

Your comments about poor health care infrastructure is what i hear Americans say as well.

Look, you were the one who said we lose however many to whatever disease. You had a point there but it was difficult to accept.

We all have to accept it now if things get worse. We change the way we think about these matters.

Govt. run hospitals have always been in shambles, they had 6 years to do something about it which they didn't and now they are scrambling with poorly thought out implementations which makes the poor suffer once again just like Demo 2.0.
I hope the people remember this the next time their govt. is ready to splurge thousands of crores on MIC junk.
I was thinking this was worse than Notes Ban but then that $22bn package offered double benefits & rations to those that need it for three months fixes that problem. Two thirds of the country is already sorted with that move. There was no need for people to go back to their villages. But they panicked. You and me are not in that two thirds.

We still have to pay our taxes and bills on time. There is no relief.
Post automatically merged:

No, people are not hiding in fear of the bug. People are afraid of this lying, murderer, POS PM.
For some one who states he knows nothing about politics you sure do have a lot of opinions on the subject :D

You really think this is the time for partisan attacks. Seriously ?

Reported for bigotry.
Quoted out of context and will be duly ignored. Lol. Deal with it.

blr_p You probably have not seen a mildly symptomatic Corona patient, after seeing at least a thousand, you can identify a pattern ( Fever not going above 101, absent to minimum headaches or body-ache, a very bad dry cough, worsens at night and the worst of all, a very vague chest tightness which sometimes worsens with movement, like pluritic pain, this thing worsens in bad patients and they straightaway go to type 2 respiratory failure) Only symptomatic relief India can afford seems to be paracetamol. Very very few centers have something basic like high flow nasal oxygen or a BIPAP machine. And bronchodilators and inhalational steroids will definite run out of stock.
It is not that easy. Symptomatic treatment is not always OTC drugs.
Optimism is great, but without zero practical knowledge it is dangerous.
I'm hearing about 40k in China that were asymptomatic were not included in China's stats.

What you've stated applies for a minority of them. India's population is young that means stronger immune systems & lungs. They will make it. It's not perfect but that's were we are.

We will lose people before their time as the British PM stated.

Last edited:
For some one who states he knows nothing about politics you sure do have a lot of opinions on the subject :D

You really think this is the time for partisan attacks. Seriously ?

And for someone with no medical training or hands-on knowledge in tackling epidemics you sure have a lot of opinions too.... :p

And P.S. criticising any government based on their past behavior and current actions is not a partisan attack. Its a part of democracy.

And for someone with no medical training or hands-on knowledge in tackling epidemics you sure have a lot of opinions too.... :p
He's not in India. I've had to educate him as to what the ground situation is.

Something any one of you could have done but failed to. Because you have no clue.

Why ? not reading up. Not following developments. How many links do you guys share in these discussions ?

I called out his flawed comparison of us with Europe. Oh just because they are so advanced they can handle this better. They utterly screwed it up.

We have done better in that regard. Wayy better.

And P.S. criticising any government based on their past behavior and current actions is not a partisan attack. Its a part of democracy.
Ok then let me ask what has the WHO been doing in all of this crisis ?

Calls are being made for the sacking of its good for nothing head that Thedros guy and the disbanding of the WHO for its pathetic performance in warning the world in time.

What is the WHO good for. Would we have been better off without them in the first place or not ???

WHO waited until middle of March to declare it a pandemic. Why ?

They were informed Dec 31 by China about this. That is why its called COVID-19 and not 20

Why they waited. Notice how he slams this govt for something it was not responsible for.

The CCP was responsible for this. Why is nobody blaming them. They were the ones that let this thing out of their country and now every govt has to scramble to contain the damage.

WHAT PRICE WILL CHINA BE MADE TO PAY AS A RESULT OF THIS !!!

I called out his flawed comparison of us with Europe. Oh just because they are so advanced they can handle this better. They utterly screwed it up

They have resources to do social isolation without people dying of starvation and disease. NO other country in the world is facing what India is right now.

In my street not a single one sanitize their gates or driveway after a online delivery. I wash each and every sealed food packets with soap after each delivery.
What do you use to sanitize gates or driveway ?

Aggarwal mentioned a 1% bleach solution

The US will recover in a few weeks or a months but with great amount of deaths and infections.

In India we have one of the worlds largest diabetic population. There will be crores killed.

Need not be the case

Look at Germany & the US stats here

deaths per million.jpg

Note its per million so we have a some what apples for apples comparison. Deaths are very low for both.

Now why are deaths so low in Germany ? they managed to isolate their vulnerable quite well.

There is a very simple way to do that and it costs nothing. Any country can do it.

How to do it ?

The only way to beat this is keep washing hands and avoid as much physical contact with another human.
This is how you do it.

If people do not want to see a govt isolation ward then take precautions so they never have to see one. If people follow those simple rules deaths will be nothing more than a statistical blip at the end of the year. Infections will be lower as well and there is less pressure on the health workers.

Q. What measures can old people take to be safe ?

A. 1) put up a board outside the house that says if you have a cough, cold & fever, do not enter !

2) They should not go to the hospital, only tele consultation.

3) Avoid meeting people in crowds. Mass gathering is more than 1,000. A gathering is 4 - 1000. Definition of crowd size comes from the police. Avoid any gathering larger than 4 people.

4) Avoid unknown people who do not declare their health status.

In short, don't be stupid. Like the Italians who won't listen so their mayors have to abuse them. Like the wife of the Spanish PM who decides she will hold biggest rally for international women's day when there is high risk of a pandemic.

Last edited:
Assessing ground situation by reading articles online
Mate, you really have no clue about what's going on..do you?
I have read online that 85 percent of infected are having minor symptoms however the ground reality is more than 90 percent in this part of Europe needing at least a day of bronchodilators ( even teens, pre-teens)
Symptoms when written down on history sheet look like mild RTI, but in practice way more serious.
The chest tightness almost 100% of the infected are feeling is extremely unnatural.
You will never read these things online.
Sure, the world doesn't need WHO, we are fools to risk our lives every second. Let wise people like Modi run the world.
BTW have you seen a single infected patient? Have some compassion man!!
Sure WHO made a huge mistake and the entire world is paying for it. But we are giving away everything we can. Czech Republic/ Slovakia are in much better position now. Poland will get better within a week. At least we are not hiding behind a lockdown, we could have, there are plenty of loopholes in modern medicine we could use to wash our hands and be safe in the HQ. But all of us decided against it.
We were 981 when we started, now 156 in quarantine, 37 critical, 8 extremely critical. Did any of your online data reveal this piece of statistics?
India cannot afford a lockdown to hide the pathetic healthcare system. That's the bottom line. A PM can not just put billions in misery simply because he is not brave enough to face the reality.

Last edited:
Are you looking at somebody's agony and just because it didn't happen (which we Indian and especially GoI assuming) - you are assured. Don't compare our country's situation with another, it will be apple to oranges comparison. What about their prowess in terms of healthcare & finance - we're no match to them.

Are we living in fool's paradise - if we listen to our PM and stay home (and like other persons pointed out) and if people still keep on getting infection - who will be called fool or stupid and on top of it we've not started testing to the likes of China, US and Italy.

I have read online that 85 percent of infected are having minor symptoms however the ground reality is more than 90 percent in this part of Europe needing at least a day of bronchodilators ( even teens, pre-teens)
True; this evaluation yet to come out and due to lockdown (cover-up for lack of resources and planning) these numbers will take a while to get it in public.

Sure WHO made a huge mistake and the entire world is paying for it.
Buddy, WHO already apologized once. It doesn't make any sense to keep on repeating it for the people who still blame British and earlier PM's for the challenges in front of our country.

They just got another item in the list of excuses - which they will put emphasis on till they're in Office.

Assessing ground situation by reading articles online
Mate, you really have no clue about what's going on..do you?
And what clue do you have of the situation here ? you're not on the ground here. That means you too depend on online reports.

Do you follow the health ministry briefings at all ? or do you think you know more than they do.

Too many people on this board ignore what the govt says when that is who they should be listening to and very carefully.

Symptoms when written down on history sheet look like mild RTI, but in practice way more serious.
The chest tightness almost 100% of the infected are feeling is extremely unnatural.
You will never read these things online.
When i see the word mild and people recovering then that changes the picture. More people need to understand this.

We have no shortage of drugs that can treat these people. We are the worlds phramacy.

Sure, the world doesn't need WHO, we are fools to risk our lives every second. Let wise people like Modi run the world.
Just realise every time you slam the Indian govt that you belong to a org that quite frankly screwed up big time. Your org is on very thin ice.

Informing the world in time would mean less lives put at risk including yours.

Your org waits until March to conclude this is a pandemic. That is the Fcuk up i'm pointing out here.

Why all the molly coddling of China up to this point. They informed the WHO Dec 31 2019.

I see people slamming the WHO for being a China puppet. Did everything they said .

BTW have you seen a single infected patient? Have some compassion man!!
How about you give us some hope ? all you do is slam everything about us and tell us we're doomed not even being in this country.

Sure WHO made a huge mistake and the entire world is paying for it. But we are giving away everything we can.

Tell me what is your org doing to help us out with those PPE shortages and masks from your big friend China.

Czech Republic/ Slovakia are in much better position now.
Because they made it mandatory for every one to wear masks. So the Czech Republic is going to peak & crest faster than the rest of the EU.

I don't know how feasible it is for India to make wearing masks mandatory but its something the govt needs to consider. This is a simple and very effective measure.

I would feel much more at ease in public if every one around me was wearing one.

Poland will get better within a week. At least we are not hiding behind a lockdown, we could have, there are plenty of loopholes in modern medicine we could use to wash our hands and be safe in the HQ. But all of us decided against it.
We were 981 when we started, now 156 in quarantine, 37 critical, 8 extremely critical. Did any of your online data reveal this piece of statistics?
I've read reports of Chinese doctors dropping dead after 36hr long shifts and in larger numbers.

India cannot afford a lockdown to hide the pathetic healthcare system. That's the bottom line. A PM can not just put billions in misery simply because he is not brave enough to face the reality.
That health system has contained many outbreaks before. That makes it pretty damn impressive if you ask me.

If this works we're golden. Most Indians already have BCG

It really breaks my heart when people simply ignore our work and hold us responsible for 3 stupid comments our director general made (who is not a medical doctor).
But we all stand by him, you guys don't know how miserable he feels, he's not even going home for weeks, working 20 hours a day every day.
He has always been a fighter and an excellent administrator. A panel of 9 microbiologists prepared that faulty report and he read that.
He never put the blame on anyone.
Now someone here questioned about WHO's contribution to mankind. What can I say!!
CDC ****ed up many times, but how can we forget their contributions in modern medicine??
If this is India's common sentiment about WHO, let your PM tell it openly.
We are all professionals here.
BTW, BCG is being talked about over couple of weeks now and I wrote about past vaccination and cross immunity many times here.

Last edited:
When i see the word mild and people recovering then that changes the picture. More people need to understand this.

We have no shortage of drugs that can treat these people. We are the worlds phramacy.
as of now - there is no medicine for CV - all of the pharma major's are working to crack this code - if you're saying people are recovering themselves then all these pharma major's are fool and wasting their money on this. Probably you should be sent out to explain them.

This CV is not normal flu where people will feel better themselves.

This is how infected rise because people skirt around rules

The official added that the preachers then moved in batches to Telangana, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Odisha and conducted group meetings in mosques and held several meetings.

“Around 50% of COVID-19 positive cases in Telangana are linked to the meetings organised by the preachers. Around 350 people from Telangana had also attended the conference in Delhi,” said the official. Last week, a 65-year-old man in Srinagar who attended the conference in Delhi died after contracting the virus.

as of now - there is no medicine for CV - all of the pharma major's are working to crack this code - if you're saying people are recovering themselves then all these pharma major's are fool and wasting their money on this. Probably you should be sent out to explain them.

This CV is not normal flu where people will feel better themselves.
They're recovering on their own with drugs already available. You need to survive about 6 weeks with reduced lung capacity.

If you are healthy enough, without other symptoms its doable.

Its the serious around 15-20% & critical 5% that are in trouble.

The 20% that are left.

This is how infected rise because people skirt around rules
Read the article carefully - people didn't get out because of lockdown, and now people are using the letter of the head/preach of the institution in question for their benefit. In this article also - our own government failed to screen them (who came from Indonesia and Malaysia) but it cant be termed as our beloved PM's fault since he advised people to stay home.

Even on Google - you can review the entire timeline; we have two see both sides of the coin.

It really breaks my heart when people simply ignore our work and hold us responsible for 3 stupid comments our director general made (who is not a medical doctor).

But we all stand by him, you guys don't know how miserable he feels, he's not even going home for weeks, working 20 hours a day every day.
Lay of my guys and i'll lay off yours. Deal ?

He has always been a fighter and an excellent administrator. A panel of 9 microbiologists prepared that faulty report and he read that.
He never put the blame on anyone.
Now someone here questioned about WHO's contribution to mankind. What can I say!!
The guy was a militant marxist. That means Maoist

WHO has not delivered here and as a result we are all suffering.

Do they not bear any responsibility for this ?

The CCP does not care for its people, only itself. The wet markets have re-opened as they were.

They think this is some foreign problem now. That is the attitude they have.

We had a second check, the WHO. They did not their job in time.

CDC ****ed up many times, but how can we forget their contributions in modern medicine??
If this is India's common sentiment about WHO, let your PM tell it openly.
We are all professionals here.
Stay out of politics doctor, you're way out of your depth !!

BTW, BCG is being talked about over couple of weeks now and I wrote about past vaccination and cross immunity many times here.
I though i'd bring it up as i do not recall any one else mentioning it.

Read the article carefully - people didn't get out because of lockdown, and now people are using the letter of the head/preach of the institution in question for their benefit. In this article also - our own government failed to screen them (who came from Indonesia and Malaysia) but it cant be termed as our beloved PM's fault since he advised people to stay home.

Even on Google - you can review the entire timeline; we have two see both sides of the coin.
Let them show that to the govt in their defense :)

The govt has not been able to get heads of various religious orgs to push its message to the people. This is why we see videos of people still going to mosques when a lockdown has been announced.

Last edited:
Why are you talking about things beyond your online knowledge base?
Those who are developing interstitial fibrosis/ bronchiectasis etc. will not recover in 6 weeks. PFT for them will probably never improve and they will always be susceptible to LRTI etc.
India has a lot of manufacturing plants for pharmaceutical products. But raw material supply is completely dependent on other countries.
Don't try to downplay the disease. It's far more complicated than influenza/ parainfluenza with significant chance of long term lung damage.
India did not want a team from Geneva ( 2nd March)
I'm not trying to get into Indian politics. I'm not a citizen anymore. But I fail to understand Modi's logic everytime. And he lies a lot more than Trump. Anyway in 2014 I voted for him.
And YES, we all do know a lot more about this pandemic and epidemics in general compared to the people giving speeches for Indian health ministry.
I bet none of them worked inside Ebola camps, or any pandemic for that matter. We don't manufacture PPE, everything we have is from US, Germany or China. However we give it to other countries who ask for help. India didn't. And it may sound very harsh, but the entire world thinks Europe and America need to be saved first (which is extremely cruel)
And if you think you are in safe hands of Modi, you possibly don't need our involvement.

Last edited:
Back