What exactly is Government of India doing?

Announcing measures and ensuring that they get implemented is very hard, at least in India. It is not a new problem specific to this government. So should we not criticize the government for this, should we only consider that they are doing their best? Anyone who has ever run a project would know what releasing pressure on stakeholders leads to. We need to respect both the sides for playing their parts and keep it civil, for now.
Very Well said but the bragging of measures taken and comparing who's who (or I'll say apple to oranges), doesn't mean.

In the same way, when one is making people accountable for the spread of the virus, what they themselves are doing it to contain (apart from announcing lockdown) - this entire discussion panned out for the same reason. We can validate the same challenge if we visit local grossary shop, we will see they will run out of stocks this week - same situation at medical stores (I don't see their supply chain is worked on - just announcements are made), vegetable prices gone up, finding their sellers is another challenge.

People like us who are mostly in better place than to worker categories can discuss it but just see the video from karwan e mohabbat on YouTube the way people running for food and the way they get beaten up melts heart of anyone watching.

We need to figure out means to ensure that these people have all essentials available.

PS: I'm not affiliated to the said NGO.

Our super mod had a very valid point. PM should inform the nation about his plans.
Simply locking down and saying sorry for the lockdown is not enough
Sadly there's no plan....without testing NOTHING will work...NOTHING....If one thing we've learnt from this pandemic, it's the absolute importance of testing. Sadly that's not the most urgent priority for the government.
Is there any list available anywhere of Indian professionals who have prior experience of viral epidemic?

Japan didn't do much tests, now they are getting a second wave. India may continue lockdown/ curfew for 3 months, but if they don't increase the test by 1500% the spread will continue.
Collecting sample is extremely risky. It needs significant training and practice.
I am noticing a significant change in human behaviour.

You are polluting a serious discussion.
Mods please create a new thread for @adder.
Really, I am appalled. Does it not fit your narrative or agenda, So what should be the thread title for it.
The doctors and the police dont need that, rest of India needs to see that.

Those idiots in the video apart from being a super spreaders are not allowing them to be tested or to contain this.
Because of such morons we may the lockdown extended.
Post automatically merged:

Japan didn't do much tests, now they are getting a second wave. India may continue lockdown/ curfew for 3 months, but if they don't increase the test by 1500% the spread will continue.
Collecting sample is extremely risky. It needs significant training and practice.
I am noticing a significant change in human behaviour.
So how long will a person have the anti bodies after he recovered from this. Japan has zero lockdown and only recently started banning international flights. But they still have a really low cases because the majority wear masks.

In India even if they do 1lakh tests per day like the US, it will take 4 months just to test a city like Bangalore and by that time the this virus can potentially kill tens of millions.

Last edited:
apan has zero lockdown and only recently started banning international flights. But they still have a really low cases because the majority wear masks.
Wearing the mask is not going to be enough protection; else Doctors won't be finding it difficult as they could have carried testing with their surgery aprons only (as they get disinfected too);

We should follow what South Korea did, see the video on the basic insights on how they did. Japan is still in the same league as us - they're not testing it (only suspected people get tested). My assumption or gut tells me to follow South Korea model that's the key to get out of lockdown and focus entire strength around hotspots.

I'm not a medical professional but our friend @red dragon can point out precisely.

Wearing the mask is not going to be enough protection; else Doctors won't be finding it difficult as they could have carried testing with their surgery aprons only (as they get disinfected too);

We should follow what South Korea did, see the video on the basic insights on how they did. Japan is still in the same league as us - they're not testing it (only suspected people get tested). My assumption or gut tells me to follow South Korea model that's the key to get out of lockdown and focus entire strength around hotspots.

I'm not a medical professional but our friend @red dragon can point out precisely.
I think masks helps big time, in the sense that person who has the virus but has no symptoms can stop spreading it by just talking. Please watch the video below. I think will wait atleast 10min for delivery guy to leave, many dont wear masks even if they have it. Best to avoid super markets with no ventilation.

In my city now.

Mosques announcing people to attack them according to deccan herald which btw is the most liberal english newspaper.

I think this is will be the fastest and cheapest way to transport goods vs facing harassment in every toll booth or check post,( this is a old video)

Last edited:
Hey, man just providing my views as a common man, first, let's not see it as Modi is doing everything single-handedly for the nation. There is a huge team of highly experts and economists behind them, who works 24 hours for the nation. And yes they are doing their work honestly, people are getting food and supplies at the lower end as well, and all the checks are working when providing food to the poor citizens. And many groups of different caste, religion has come forward to help anyone in this situation.

Now think of it on a scale of huge measures, India is a country of 1.3 billion people with a high percentage of people not having enough literate backgrounds to understand the situation in a single go. So, in this case, PM has to come forward to make them understand what is it, how dangerous it is for them.

Because unlike Europe and the USA, If COVID 19 spreads to the larger groups of people, then it will take no time to reach the 100 million mark. And yes the death toll will reach an unimaginable number here. They are doing everything they can do. And major companies and personalities are coming forward to make monetary contributions.

Now, if we talk about the single person, Modi, You can take him as APPLE of politics, Marketing every small thing he does and promotes it, and making sure that it reaches to every part of the nation through news channels which indirectly or directly works under him.

Since nothing much was left to do in Girona (our previous team covered almost 99 percent work) we went to Madrid.
La Paz hospital is where we are at now. According to the local doctors, they were having around 50 deaths everyday, it's been 27 since we are here.
Nurses, doctors are exhausted. 2 senior doctors literally broke down describing the situation.
We were here to test and track, but given the condition, we will be helping the ER and ICU doctors.

Does anyone know the names of " highly experts" in Modi's team?
You should understand one thing, a great doctor of medicine/ pulmonolgy/ critical care is of no use in planning preventive measures during an outbreak. They are extremely valuable in reducing death amongst infected.
India completely ignored the great All India Institute of Hygiene and Public health. It has a great team of epidemiologists/ medical statisticians etc. I did my MD in community medicine years ago but still have contact with those great professors. None of them were approached.
Community medicine is not very popular in India, and that's the only institute completely devoted to this neglected speciality.
This is a pure waste of resources. WHO is in talks with the HOD of occupational health to formulate a plan of occupational rehab ( which will be invaluable once this epidemic dies, and people start loosing jobs)
That old man is still as sharp as he was 10 years back and impressed everyone with his plan of action.
According to some estimates 60-70 percent will loose jobs / or have a non sustainable pay loss.
Spain/ Italy/US are already investing in some measures to ease the pain despite spinning under the virus attack.
But this is how a civilized country works. They have learned from the Corona mistake.
Any idea about India's plan? I have zero faith in Modi. I find him more obnoxious than Trump.

Last edited:
Marcus, sent you a message, need a small favour brother.

Watched the genius spoke today.
I couldn't find a single useful sentence. He is talking like every Indian is 5 year old.
Nothing about his definitive plans ( or lack of it)...
Lighting candles...that's his master stroke.
This guy thinks everyone in India has subnormal IQ.
Throw away this asshole in the oceans or keep him in some zoo. And we thought Trump was obnoxious!!
This single person will destroy a country!!
Bhakts, please wake up!!

Last edited:
Just came across this article.

Summary
  • Once on ventilator, 70% of the patients die. So ventilators are not a solution.
  • Social distancing is the only solution for now.
Which circles back to the same point that evryone is making, we need to test as many people as we can and people need to practice restraint if diagnosed so that they don't spread. Wishful thinking coz both aren't happening here.

BTW just found out the someone nearby was diagnosed with Covid and there aren't any empty beds at Kasturba. The family members living in the apartment opposite his have been told to sit at least 3 feet away from each other, not eat or sleep together.

That's him checking if lockdown can be extended beyond 14th or people are too agitated already.

Last edited:
Marcus, sent you a message, need a small favour brother.

Watched the genius spoke today.
I couldn't find a single useful sentence. He is talking like every Indian is 5 year old.
Nothing about his definitive plans ( or lack of it)...
This guy thinks everyone in India has subnormal IQ.
Throw away this asshole in the oceans or keep him in some zoo. And we thought Trump was obnoxious!!
This single person will destroy a country!!
Bhakts, please wake up!!

lol why did you even listen to that.

Don't you think we need some comic relief? It's difficult to cut all ties with the great country you grew up in.
I do miss India and its people from time to time. Call my professors almost everyday. Don't have a single Indian colleague now.
It's tough mate, I'm not just working in Europe, it's my home now.
And please don't think I'm a Congress supporter or anything. Like many of you, voted for BJP in 2014. But India is really going down since then. Don't know what else to blame.
I'm a follower of Swami Vivekananda, it triggers me every time I see Modi taking the great man's name. He is the dirtiest politician India has ever seen.

Last edited:
Why after reading this thread I feel that.... ONLY SENSIBLE PEOPLE ARE THERE IN THE WORLD ARE THOSE WHO REPLY TO THESE THREADS.[emoji2357]

Also they and only they know what should be done, But only behind there keyboards typing. Hahahahaha

What else can they do? You guys are in lockdown, remember? Go get some candles. PM has found the solution in candles and matchsticks.

Back