What happend to BOTH hdd, pls. help

After successfully running Ubuntu/any other live Linux cd/usb you still fail to see hdd then most likely hdd is dead(assuming sata port,sata cable & power cable are working).

I never before work with Ubuntu, so don't able to guess etc. and thus need your (all expert members) help ..[DOUBLEPOST=1533480241][/DOUBLEPOST]
After successfully running Ubuntu/any other live Linux cd/usb you still fail to see hdd then most likely hdd is dead(assuming sata port,sata cable & power cable are working).

I never before work with Ubuntu, so don't able to guess etc. and thus need your (all expert members) help ..

It is very easy, once you made a bootable pendrive of live Linux all you need to do is boot from it & keep selecting the default option. Once everything loads correctly you will see a Linux desktop(similar to windows but bit different).

It is very easy, once you made a bootable pendrive of live Linux all you need to do is boot from it & keep selecting the default option. Once everything loads correctly you will see a Linux desktop(similar to windows but bit different).

but from Ubuntu desktop how to access HDD?

Now I'm here with Ubuntu on desktop, please see below images:-

what to to now? Try or Install?

Also if assume hdd bad isn't it spin/get warm or can see from Bios?

Last edited:
I think you clicked on install,you have to click on try.[DOUBLEPOST=1533483177][/DOUBLEPOST]Just watch this to confirm you made bootable pen drive correctly.

Last edited:
The hdd icons should appear below config icon(currently the bottom last icon).See below video starting from 7:17 to 7:20.
[DOUBLEPOST=1533485817][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok,see below video from 7:47 click on files icon(3rd from top) & then click on "other locations" in the newly opened window.

The hdd icons should appear below config icon(currently the bottom last icon).See below video starting from 7:17 to 7:20.
[DOUBLEPOST=1533485817][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok,see below video from 7:47 click on files icon(3rd from top) & then click on "other locations" in the newly opened window.

Thanks for your, vyral & 6pack's immense help/videos/suggestion, but in my case my TWO HDD are on two different machines and not detected from BIOS... still I will follow your suggestion to check and soon post here....

Back