What happens if i file wrong return to get back tds.?

@RakaKaKaka I guess you may face some problems with US visa if you have issue with tax returns. Though not sure about this. Not sure if IT department shares this much of data with foreign country consulate. But this is the USA after all.

Also I am not talking about tourist visa. I am referring to work visa.
I guess for these you have to file IT returns of the last few years as supporting document. So US Consulate already has your PAN Card number.

IT dept does share information on people with unpaid tax dues for over an year. Its not US specific. I know of people who were deported back from Dubai while trying to fly to US. Just because of having unpaid tax dues and the amounts were not big either.

That doesn't apply here. This is about attempting tax evasion though fake claims which can be penalized differently.

However, If you swindle the banks for a few thousand crores of loans, then you can travel around freely and the govt won't do any thing about it.

so we dont need to show proof for House rent paid if value of rent under 80k. so i can claim a deduction on this and get most of the tax back. i did sorta pay dad much money so its all okay. nothing unethical too.

Try it and see. As far as you not getting hanged to death it should be fine with some months of jail and fine. Risk it. Even we wanna know the outcome.:D

Last edited:
Back