What Happens if I STOP recharging TATA SKY for some months? - Help

Hello Friends,

I bought TATA SKY (NOT HD) and the BOX under 999/- Offer and using it for past 4 months

11-April-2011 is my next recharge date, and I don't want to recharge/use TATA SKY Services for 1-2 Months

Please tell me What Happens if I Stop recharging TATA SKY for upcoming 1/2 Months?

I mean to say, is there any type of fine later on for resuming the Connection OR Does my Digi Card/Subscription completely expires (just like Prepaid Mobile SIM after some months) and I have to purchase Digi Card again? etc. etc.

Kindly Help

Thanks and Regards

- Mrinmay :D

AFAIK you don't recharge means you will get nothing, you can recharge when you want in future, it won't expire :p

For Airtel DTH, its different story. My account went to -700. Then I used to receive call/SMS from call center to recharge. After 4 month followup stopped and my account suspended.

If you don't recharge you have pay activation fees, to get it activated first then go for whatever package you want, better call TS's customer care.

You just have to recharge some amount to get your service started :)

I deactivated my Tata Sky connection for almost a year, then I recharged my account and started the service again. No activation fees required for me.

Rahulrulez said:
You just have to recharge some amount to get your service started :)

I deactivated my Tata Sky connection for almost a year, then I recharged my account and started the service again. No activation fees required for me.
same case with my cousin, he recharge after a gap of 2-3 months, never faced any issue

took TATA SKY normal in one of my flat/apartment in another city where i dont reside or mayb even dont pay a annual visit.Last time i visited after a gap of over 2.5 yrs & activated my TS service...just took a fine of rs 10-20 rs extra(dont exactly recall the amt.)...& that's it....was just nicely surprised how fast they recharge & activate their service....sent my activation sms & my ts got activated with all channels working within half a minute...really appreciated the efficiency...no extolling!

i also like many others ,here,is interested abt DISHTV in this issue...coz i 'm also a subscriber to DishTv tru Hd, which i'm currently due for recharge..but not very interested in!

With airtel Digital TV, you can call them and deactivate the service for a period (max 6 months), they call it safe custody. Else the account balance runs into negative.

Back