Budget 21-30k What hard disk is provided with the Inspiron 22 3277 All-in-One

PoBoy

Skilled
Some one I know wants a all-in-one PC.

https://www.dell.com/en-in/shop/des...n-22-3277-all-in-one/spd/inspiron-22-3277-aio

[QUOTE
Hard Drive 1TB 5400RPM Hard Drive
[/QUOTE]

Other PCs at the Dell site at least say "SATA".
Is it a laptop hard disk ?

Capture_2019-02-23_125515.jpg

And is this a lifetime Office license ?
Capture_2019-02-23_125540.jpg

And the screen is 22" IPS ?

If your friend is not a grandma ask them to stay away from it, complete garbage aio imo, a dual core mobile cpu with a 5400 rpm drive is suitable only for browsing.
It's better to build your own rig with a Ryzen APU at that price range.

Branded systems are only for noobs who dont know an inch about computers. Better help him built a better system in his budget. It will be way too flexible for future expansion and with tons of options to choose for every single component.

the guy is short on space. their house is really small. i had suggested a laptop.
usage : family pc, browsing, music, youtube, movies, occasional word/excel doc.

the reason i asked about the disk is i was wondering if it could be replaced by a ssd.
getting genuine windows & office, plus a ips monitor - seemed a ok choice.
at first when he told me about the all-in-one i too reacted exactly as the above two posts.

are any decent micro/mini atx cabinets available? not too costly.

edit : and his wife does not want cables all over the place, lol.

Last edited:
are any decent micro/mini atx cabinets available? not too costly.

Not too many options in the lower tier but the CM Q300L is a good option, price has increased by 700 though over the last year, doesn't come with a 5.25" bay so keep that in mind.

Take my advice with a grain of salt. That aio is a good choice only if it is used with linux os. Why? Windows 10 wont run properly with just 4GB ram on it. Even newer versions of linux have trouble with just 4GB ram when we try to play 1080p h264/hevc content with the inbuilt intel graphics adapter. that graphics adapter requires minimum 1GB shared memory to perform properly. That means just max 3.5GB for system out of which windows 10 will take 1.2-1.5GB to run its programs all the time in the background. That leaves running programs just 1.5 - 2 GB memory. Just Firefox will take 1GB memory if you open 3-4 tabs on it and if you try to play youtube videos it will start stuttering a lot.

If they are dead set on buying that system, instead of an SSD upgrade the memory to 8GB. HDD even though its slow will work for a few years and is enough for day to day browsing and the stuff you mentioned.
Best option is to upgrade both hdd and ram if they want windows 10 on it.

I run an Intel NUC with just 4GB ram and do the same things mentioned in the first post. Just with Xubuntu on it. Just telling my experience with the system for about 2 years now. These low powered systems are not bad - they save power a lot since they are just laptop chips. But don't expect them to perform like normal desktop cpu's. If the expectation is like laptop then it is fine to get these.

OK.
That guy and his wife have seen the Dell All-in-ones at their places of work.
They seem to like it.

I'll give them whatever info I have and let them decide.

Back