What is the best Operating System to learn programming or coding ?

Hi,
Unless you are learning system programming the operating system doesn't really matter. So I would suggest you use the one you are familiar with.

Regards

Presently I have visual studio installed on my Windows 10 , but I have read reviews about other platforms providing better environment

Hi,
My last experience with MS Windows was about 16 years ago, so I dont know how good visual studio is, but from what I do know, but if you are beginning to learn programming I would say the environment wich you use wont be making a huge difference. The reason being the complexity of the programs will be less so the impact of the environment(the IDE) is not significinet. I do know of people who wont even touch an IDE and prefer to use an text editor and the tools chains run from command line, so it is generally a preference, ask 10 people you will get 10 answers, but as I said before, the IDE or the OS doesn't matter when you start programming, there may come a time when you will feel that the current environment is limitting, by then you will know exactly what you want.
So I would suggest you to use the one you have.

Regards

Hi,
My last experience with MS Windows was about 16 years ago, so I dont know how good visual studio is, but from what I do know, but if you are beginning to learn programming I would say the environment wich you use wont be making a huge difference. The reason being the complexity of the programs will be less so the impact of the environment(the IDE) is not significinet. I do know of people who wont even touch an IDE and prefer to use an text editor and the tools chains run from command line, so it is generally a preference, ask 10 people you will get 10 answers, but as I said before, the IDE or the OS doesn't matter when you start programming, there may come a time when you will feel that the current environment is limitting, by then you will know exactly what you want.
So I would suggest you to use the one you have.

Regards
Thanks for the reply , however to be honest with you , I am getting confused as to which factors should I focus more , is it the OS the ide the skills ..however my target is to get well equipped with the art of coding .

Hi,
A programming language is a tool to do your work, what work you do dependes on your requirement and the tools you know. In the initial stages all that you do is improving your understanding of the tool(in this case C or C++). Once you have a better understanding of the tool you will start applying it in solving real problems, this is when you will have the need to understand the underlying archicture(OS). This is also the time to look for IDE to help you in speeding up your process. When you reach this stage you by then would have mastered the fundamentals of the tool(C / C++ / etc). So you will know what you want exactly and can try out many different IDEs, OS and choose what you prefer. In order to master the fundamentals, OS, IDE doesn't matter, so dont worry about it.

Regards

Hi,
A programming language is a tool to do your work, what work you do dependes on your requirement and the tools you know. In the initial stages all that you do is improving your understanding of the tool(in this case C or C++). Once you have a better understanding of the tool you will start applying it in solving real problems, this is when you will have the need to understand the underlying archicture(OS). This is also the time to look for IDE to help you in speeding up your process. When you reach this stage you by then would have mastered the fundamentals of the tool(C / C++ / etc). So you will know what you want exactly and can try out many different IDEs, OS and choose what you prefer. In order to master the fundamentals, OS, IDE doesn't matter, so dont worry about it.

Regards
Thanks a lot for explaining me in details, will apply the path as adviced ..thanks for cleaning my doubts.

I would say starting with windows , then slowly migrating to different options as you gain more experience...the more the time you spent ..you would find out the answer yourself .

Back