what is the difference bet. computer organisation and CPU organisation

in my CSA book there are two chapters 'computer organization' and 'CPU organization' plzzz help me what is the diffrnc

when i serch on google 'computer organization' wikipedia comes up with microarchitecture plzzz clear the doubt:unsure:

Did you actually read the two chapters in the same book to figure out the difference? I'm guessing it's an old book which may be using outdated terminology.

What I can remember from my studies and based on the terminology CPU organisation could mean the different components within a CPU such as ALU (arithmetic logic unit), instruction decoder, cache, clock, registers etc. As for computer organisation, probably the components of the rest of a computer? Such as BIOS, CPU, Volatile storage (Memory/RAM), Persistent storage (Tape/Disk/Optical), interconnection between these components (bus, aka ISA/PCI/northbridge/southbridge etc).

Why don't you read the two chapters and post here the salient points of what each of them contain?

Computer organization was one among d toughest subjects i had gone through in my B.E. Simply said,had to write it thrice to get it cleared :mad: or maybe our ma'am avenged the whole class for misbehaving.
Or maybe it was a tough one for everyone in my class with only 12 passing in a strength of 70.
As vishal explained it properly,CO also contains the elementary calculations done within the cpu and many algorithms used in doing it faster.
If u want a better explanation on computer organization the attached syllabus snap might help you.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1342879083040.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342879083040.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 178
Back