CPU/Mobo What is the warranty policy on Gigabyte motherboards?

hey,

what is the policy on Gigabyte motherboards? Is it from the date on the bill or from the date the distributor gets it?

Last edited by a moderator:
date on the bill.

Beware fo Accel frontline worthless guys. The know nothing of TECHNOLOGY and is always eager to push u out from warranty service FOR NO REASON.
If u face any problem PM me , i will give u the mail id of the gigabyte representatives.

I have heard contradicting things on whether warranty is based on Serial Number (Date of Batch Manufacture) or Date of Invoice.
I have read(dont remember where) that distributors (when they buy a batch) are duty bound to sell that batch within a certain span of time, else return the stuff.
Which is why most service centers only care about the serial number. From the serial number they know whether a product is under warranty or not.

I'll give you an example. Consider a product that was manufactured on 1 Jan 2000 with serial number SN01. When the product is manufactured the vendor assumes that the product will be sold off in the next say 3 years maximum and the product has a warranty of 3 years more. So they will input in their system a Warranty for prodcut SN01 uptil 31 Jan 2006.

Now, the distributor sells this after 1 Jan 2003 - then theres a grey area. Some manufacturers will allow that, while some will not. They have a reason to do that. Lot of times ( and i know some people who are guilty of this) will buy a electronic product without a bill from a friends shop. And after a year if the theelectorincs product fails, they will go their vendor and ask for a 'current' bill with a date much later than the product was sold at. That way, manufactueres found that lot of the old stock which should have been out of warranty - was ending up at thier RMA centers for service.
To counter this strategy, the manufactueres now use the Serail Number to address warranty issues.

So effectively, when you are so happy that you bought the product from flipkart with a nice looking invoice and VAT paid bill - it means nought :)
Flipkart has been accused before of selling illegally acquired goods, where manufacturers have refused to honor warranty based on bill because they did not sanction that batch of products to be sold in India, let alone flipkart :)

Serial numbers are being used as a fall back for people who misplace their bills. In all cases the serial number based warranty is shorter than the actual term since it starts from the date it leaves the distributor's inventory, and not 3 years later. However manufacturers like WD will still honour and update your warranty period based on your bill.

Flipkart has been accused before of selling illegally acquired goods, where manufacturers have refused to honor warranty based on bill because they did not sanction that batch of products to be sold in India, let alone flipkart :)
Except Flipkart does not parallelly import goods. Check the product box for any FK bought product, it will always have the distri's sticker on it saying imported by xyz distri. Manufacturers are well aware that their distris are supplying online retailers.

I never said flipkart are a bogus business. Let me rephrase.

I have read on not some unreliable sources that flipkart did actually deliver stock to users on their big billion day sale where manufacturers have come out and said they dont know where flipkart got the stock from because they didn't send any of the batch that was sold.

Disclaimer : I do buy from Flipkart regularly.[DOUBLEPOST=1413348976][/DOUBLEPOST]

Not making a statement. Just reiterating what i have read on other sources. They may be unreliable. Just as this forum :)

Back