What language is better?

akiso

Disciple
Hey me not so much in programming, wanted to build a website for my uncle electronic shop. It is also me who have to maintain it, :disguise2 so was hoping to try some hand on programming. Coming to it, I was confused by everybody who were in a bit of tussel over it :argue: Some said PHP others said ASP.NET.

I wanted which one will be better for building dynamic website. As some of you are more familiar to it wanted your advice before I make some decision.
1. Faster
2. Reliable
3. Dynamism
3. Better Support

:joystick:

You can use many already developed open source CMS systems like OScommerce for an e-shop . For web based dynamic site PHP is a good option . You can also use asp.net .. php=free btw .

itll be a better idea to use a readymade&tested portal application like joomla, drupal

Only content and layout will have to be done by you

akiso said:
Hey me not so much in programming, wanted to build a website for my uncle electronic shop. It is also me who have to maintain it, :disguise2 so was hoping to try some hand on programming. Coming to it, I was confused by everybody who were in a bit of tussel over it :argue: Some said PHP others said ASP.NET.

I wanted which one will be better for building dynamic website. As some of you are more familiar to it wanted your advice before I make some decision.
1. Faster
2. Reliable
3. Dynamism
3. Better Support

:joystick:

It's like asking, "Which underwear is better?". Whatever fits you and keeps your crotch in place.

P.S. :- Ruby on Rails FTW muhahaha.

Also what about the security and addin support for other scripting, also which is better for hosting. Do you any reliable cheap hosting site

Back