Budget 51-70k What MacBook?

gREen

Im Special, gREen.
Skilled
Looking for a laptop and thinking about getting MacBook. Haven't used one before, so confused with what version to get. My budget is 60k and confused with air and pro, version...
More inclined with air 13' cause of light and battery life.

1. As MacBook is updated every year with mid, late. Should I wait for next 2-3 months to buy or get the last year air 13.(will wait, wanted if Apple implemented force trackpad and higher resolution screen, but I doubt)

2. Windows is must, so, what the best solution, can I install Windows in separate partion? And whats with bootcamp. And it's dual boot possible?

3. Can I use it with external keyboard as this is work laptop and need separate numpad

4. Will last year air or pro price will reduce or simply they were replaced with new models?

5. And what's the best place to buy, I'm always buy from Amazon. And apple does give back to school discount during June-July.

Ps. What do you use your mac for?

Thanks.

Thanks @evilwit @Party Monger settled for Air 13' 128Gb

Update Mar 24: bought air 13-Inch 128gb

Last edited:
Hi,
I was sailing on the same boat on which you're sailing now but with some different concerns.
1.It's too early to say anything about this.But there are some speculations going around,which could be true or may be not.So,I would suggest you to visit few links I am mentioning to give you a rough idea.http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/mac/new-2016-macbook-air-retina-release-date-rumours-uk-3605337/ http://www.technobuffalo.com/videos/apple-predictions-2016/ But I would still say that these are all predictions.

2.Yes you can definitely install Windows on your Macbook Pro/Air and that too on a different partition.Here is the procedure:

3.Yes you can.

4.Ideally,yes.But I am not sure.

5.Now everybody has a diffrent opinion on this.Some prefer it buying online or some prefer buying from a store.Flipkart is the official online reseller of Apple http://www.apple.com/in/buy/catalogresellers/ .But on sites like Snapdeal,Amazon you can get it for a much lower price.But,according to some warranty will not be honored if you buy it from unofficial channel but while some contradict it by saying that warranty of apple products are based on serial numbers.Even I was in the same dilemma.When I bought the Air 13.3" 128 gig it was selling for 68 k on flipkart while I got it for few bucks cheaper from an aurthorized retailer in my city.So,it depends upon you.

6.Actually when I decided to buy a Mac,I was not sure what I was gonna do with it.Since,I was a PC user from last 8 years I was difinetly bored of it.So I wanted to try something new.At the time of purchasing unlike you I dint had any particular requirement So I dint buy it for any purpose I just bought it to explore something new.But as far as you are concerened you should make sure that the OSX supports the applications/softwares you want to run.

Yeah, I read that, maybe they replace air with MacBook. Amazon is selling air 13 128gb for 56k, in double mind, to get more or wait 3 months. As I'm not in hurry.
Thanks for clarify my doubts.

Btw, can we get the same 10hrs battery life with Windows too?

Yeah, I read that, maybe they replace air with MacBook. Amazon is selling air 13 128gb for 56k, in double mind, to get more or wait 3 months. As I'm not in hurry.
Thanks for clarify my doubts.

Btw, can we get the same 10hrs battery life with Windows too?
Don't know about this.You can goggle it.

Green my man, if you want to run windows get a Windows laptop. Macbook Air gives around 8hrs on windows and 12 on OSX. If you could tell me precisely why you need windows or for what apps i might be able to help you find alternatives. Its not much different. Most of the times is spent in browser like crome on either or media players etc. Microsoft office for OSX is not as good as Windows but definitely gets work done.

Macbook Air is a beast of an Laptop. Only problem is the screen is not that great and the ram is 4gb. The ram wont be an issue unless you really really over load the ram cause the SSD in it that caches the Ram incase of over use is very very fast like 1200MBps speed. Ram is generally in the region of 6000MBps (might be wrong) Normal laptop hdds are 90MBps around. So it does not feel that much of a lag. Barely noticeable. Also the ram is compressed on the fly, so think of it as 5-6GB ram for practical purposes. That leaves us with the average screen which really cant be helped but you barely notice it after a day or two.

AS for the touchpad, its brilliant already. Forcetouchpad seems like an innovation but its a very minor one, you wont miss it.

Green my man, if you want to run windows get a Windows laptop. Macbook Air gives around 8hrs on windows and 12 on OSX. If you could tell me precisely why you need windows or for what apps i might be able to help you find alternatives. Its not much different. Most of the times is spent in browser like crome on either or media players etc. Microsoft office for OSX is not as good as Windows but definitely gets work done.

Macbook Air is a beast of an Laptop. Only problem is the screen is not that great and the ram is 4gb. The ram wont be an issue unless you really really over load the ram cause the SSD in it that caches the Ram incase of over use is very very fast like 1200MBps speed. Ram is generally in the region of 6000MBps (might be wrong) Normal laptop hdds are 90MBps around. So it does not feel that much of a lag. Barely noticeable. Also the ram is compressed on the fly, so think of it as 5-6GB ram for practical purposes. That leaves us with the average screen which really cant be helped but you barely notice it after a day or two.

AS for the touchpad, its brilliant already. Forcetouchpad seems like an innovation but its a very minor one, you wont miss it.
Party, it's mainly for tally and Ms office. As I wanted battery life and light weight, air and ultrabook is the best choice for me.
Other than that, browsing and trying new apps from the Mac appstore.
As I said, battery and light weight is my main concern but little bit interested in trying Mac.

Party, it's mainly for tally and Ms office. As I wanted battery life and light weight, air and ultrabook is the best choice for me.
As I said, battery and light weight is my main concern but little bit interested in trying Mac.
If you want good battery life and lightweight windows ultrabook,you can have a look at asus zenbook.

Oh god, so no hardcore usage. Both apps are so light that you can either dual boot using bootcamp or just run on vitual box or parallels. Should be easy enough. Not sure if printers are shared via virtual interface, but you cna always print a pdf and then print it via mac.

Id say go for it. Evne office on MAc isnt bad. You wont have any issue with basic stuff.

Macbook Air is the best vfm ultrabook in the market with solid performance and amazing design. A lot of the competing ultrabooks ahvent been designed with as much thought as macbook air. And its a design that even after 5yrs is sexy as hell. Go for it. If you can, either get a 256gb one or get a usb3 very fast 64-128gb pendrive to run windows on (Virtual box files). You should be good to go since all of it is pretty basic stuff.

Oh god, so no hardcore usage. Both apps are so light that you can either dual boot using bootcamp or just run on vitual box or parallels. Should be easy enough. Not sure if printers are shared via virtual interface, but you cna always print a pdf and then print it via mac.

Id say go for it. Evne office on MAc isnt bad. You wont have any issue with basic stuff.

Macbook Air is the best vfm ultrabook in the market with solid performance and amazing design. A lot of the competing ultrabooks ahvent been designed with as much thought as macbook air. And its a design that even after 5yrs is sexy as hell. Go for it. If you can, either get a 256gb one or get a usb3 very fast 64-128gb pendrive to run windows on (Virtual box files). You should be good to go since all of it is pretty basic stuff.
My only confusion is to get now or wait till July as new model arrives. Yeah, researched and found it good for everyday stuffs except gaming and intense apps. Windows runs perfectly fine but I read mixed reviews from users for drivers.
Battery is solid 7+ hrs.
Rumors had that they come with new design and release by wwdc

My only confusion is to get now or wait till July as new model arrives. Yeah, researched and found it good for everyday stuffs except gaming and intense apps. Windows runs perfectly fine but I read mixed reviews from users for drivers.
Battery is solid 7+ hrs.
Rumors had that they come with new design and release by wwdc
That's the rumour for last two years. Processor upgrades will have minimal impact. You can check reviews of new processors. If they make a new design, it will be much more costly. There is a reason they havent upgraded this current model. Its their best selling model. Apple store guy told me it outsells the macbook pro multiple times even though they try very hard to sell you a pro. For your usage it will barely make a 1% difference, but the cost might go up 10-20%.[DOUBLEPOST=1458726179][/DOUBLEPOST]You wont need to install windows. Virtual box or Parallels will be enough for you. Suspend the machine when you dont need windows. You get the best of both worlds.

Last edited:
That's the rumour for last two years. Processor upgrades will have minimal impact. You can check reviews of new processors. If they make a new design, it will be much more costly. There is a reason they havent upgraded this current model. Its their best selling model. Apple store guy told me it outsells the macbook pro multiple times even though they try very hard to sell you a pro. For your usage it will barely make a 1% difference, but the cost might go up 10-20%.
So, what's your suggestion, wait or get now. Im not in hurry but my Lenovo g550 is ageing, heavy and battery is not up to mark. If they release new model by June, when it's available in india. Can I get it within august or does it take more months to land here.

Get it now. 6months is a long time. And it takes a few months to reach. Also Macbooks can be resold at a good price. So if you really really feel the need to upgrade, you can sell at a good price after a year of using.

Get it now. 6months is a long time. And it takes a few months to reach. Also Macbooks can be resold at a good price. So if you really really feel the need to upgrade, you can sell at a good price after a year of using.
Man, that really hurts. If that's the case I should have got by last year September like I asked before by 53k. Hmm, gotta hunt for the price drop. Thank party

Man, that really hurts. If that's the case I should have got by last year September like I asked before by 53k. Hmm, gotta hunt for the price drop. Thank party
Haha yes got it the same time. Best deal when the Apple store was selling for 72 :p Let me know if you have any issues.

Haha yes got it the same time. Best deal when the Apple store was selling for 72[emoji14] Let me know if you have any issues.
Lol, waiting for the seller to ship. Will get more queries once it lands on my lap.
Do opt your answer in another thread which I'm looking for accessories. Thanks to @evilwit gone with Hp oddesey 15.6 laptop bag and kinda struck with hard cover which is sandstone version.

Lol, waiting for the seller to ship. Will get more queries once it lands on my lap.
Do opt your answer in another thread which I'm looking for accessories. Thanks to @evilwit gone with Hp oddesey 15.6 laptop bag and kinda struck with hard cover which is sandstone version.
welcome bro.In my opinion you shouldn't go for a hard cover.Buy a clear skin.Ya I know it's costlier than it but it's worth it.Some guy on this forum recommended me bestskinever

welcome bro.In my opinion you shouldn't go for a hard cover.Buy a clear skin.Ya I know it's costlier than it but it's worth it.Some guy on this forum recommended me bestskinever

Whats that?
Went with the bag
d180ead78188de038e691c3c32b42d1e.jpg
9de20487022086ceef2a501ca999eb41.jpg
and will get this as best skin ever I got to
import which I'm not interested

Back