What Music Streaming Service you use and why?

Yes can confirm the issue is resolved now most of the songs are available.
I had Spotify premium membership for six months and untill two weeks ago most of the older hindi songs were unplayable or greyed out. Now they might have resolved their issue with Saregama.

I use Gaana plus and Amazon prime music. Also have YouTube music membership for those covers and songs which only YouTube can cover.
But YouTube player lacks so much in overall.

I had Spotify premium membership for six months and untill two weeks ago most of the older hindi songs were unplayable or greyed out. Now they might have resolved their issue with Saregama.

I use Gaana plus and Amazon prime music. Also have YouTube music membership for those covers and songs which only YouTube can cover.
But YouTube player lacks so much in overall.
Spotify as inked a new deal with Saregama very recently. I myself have migrated from Apple Music which IMO had the most comprehensive catalogue but spotify has closed the gap by now owing to this deal. Gems such as 'Javeda Zindagi, Maula mere Maula, and Zara Zara by RHTDM can be found now.
Most of the hindi songs can be found now
I now just have my fingers crossed for the Tips deal.

I opened up today, it's still missing golden songs like Dekha ek khwab, Sheesha ho ya dil, Dil dhundta hai, etc.
What I love about Spotify is its clean and minimal interface with sync capabilities across the devices and discovering music with advanced playlist features.

Right now it's even on sale for 699/year, that's so sweet.

Tidal hi-fi subscription...only because my brain thinks it's the best possible sound. Though in reality my old ears can not differentiate between 24/96 and 320kbps mp3.
But that's the only luxury I allow myself to indulge in.

Prime for Alexa
Prime doesn't support different music streams to different Echo devices, and there's no family plan in India. Since you have a lot of Echo devices, do you encounter the same issue or did you get multiple prime subscriptions for each device?

Prime doesn't support different music streams to different Echo devices, and there's no family plan in India. Since you have a lot of Echo devices, do you encounter the same issue or did you get multiple prime subscriptions for each device?
It doesn’t.
To add, Prime is the worst of the lot (by far ) when it comes to curated playlists.
But then prime music is an added freebie in a way so can’t really complain

On a side note, I have changed my multi-room music quite a bit actually in the last few months so prime gets a lot less usage than before

I've used Gaana, Wynk, Apple Music and Spotify. I like Spotify the best. The UX is awesome plus it's good for discovery as well. I've found that Apple Music is the best when it comes to music recommendations/finding out new songs that you'd like, but I prefer to stay out of the Apple Ecosystem walled garden; it can be unbelievably invonvenient at times.

Edit: Used Amazon Prime, Saavn and all that as well. Apple Music and Spotify are the best services imo.

Last edited:
Saavn. Was using Gaana only because their website allowed HD streaming on my PC but Saavn have finally updated theirs and allow HD streaming as well. So Saavn does fine for me.

I tried using Apple Music for a month or two but I can't come to terms with it. I'm back with using my Spotify Premium Account, where I can listen to every song I want!

I have used Hungama and Saavn in the past until their free subscription last, but since the last couple of years I have been loyal to Amazon Prime Music completely. And there are reasons that any Prime user would relate to.
Once you subscribe for the Prime membership, you are sorted on 3 services. The Amazon online shopping, Prime Video and Amazon Music are three apps that one membership caters to, which is just freaking awesome !
I bought the subscription at INR 999 and I have no worries about usage for the whole year.
On top of that, there hasn't been 1 song or album that I haven't been able to find on Amazon Prime Music. On top of that, their curated playlists according to your choices and moods are damn good.
I tried Spotify, but then subscribing another service just for music doesn't make sense when I can get everything on Prime Music.

Youtube Music.

Previously was using Google Play Music (GPM) for 99/- per month. GPM closed down last October so moved all my playlists to Youtube Music. Love it more than GPM.

The app for Youtube Music is fast, lightweight and bloatfree. Also, I can easily stream songs as well as videos. The collection on Youtube Music beats Apple Music and Spotify combined because you can stream music uploaded by various channels.

Moreover, at 129/- per month, you also get Youtube Premium. Ad-free Youtube saves a tonne of my time from those pesky two minute ads. And I get background play support.

Win-Win.

Spotify and youtube music. Spotify has a very rich and intelligent suggestion system based on my interests. YouTube music for all kinds of songs including hindi.

Since hi res audio came into apple music there was no point for me to continue paying for AM and Tidal.
So current usage mainly revolves around AM and YT music

Back