What programming language and book for a 13 yo student

Skyh3ck

Adept
Oct 7, 2005
Skynet
Hello

Which the most easy programming language to learn first for a 13 year old student

It should be a good widely used language easy for a teenager and start to learn programming

Also suggest some good books to start with

Reactions: mahesh_bharti

b.life

Disciple
Aug 21, 2019
Hi @Skyh3ck
In my opinion, a programming language is a tool to accomplish a task, and a properly formed logic will help in efficiently utilizing the tool. As such I would first try to teach logic and then progress towards algorithms and then you can introduce a programming language. As the student is 13 year old, I would suggest "for dummies" series of these books for easy understanding.

If the student is able to articulate his/her thoughts in a logical manner then you can start with C or Python it doesn’t matter. If the student finds it too difficult then you can start with HTML, it's syntax is easy to understand and follow. I would always refer to "for dummies" series books as they are well written and are easy to follow.

Regards

Emrebel

Adept
Nov 14, 2016
I would highly recommend Processing:
He will have a great learning experience without bothering alot about programming syntax(though you have to learn basic syntax)

Also check this YouTube channel for education content: