What r the latest courses in Programming?

If u consider the Microsoft .Net Technology then C# Programming is the most in demand.

C#.Net - Visual Studio 2005

Java is the most favourite.

Java has Java Sun Certification course.

Concentrate on these 2 languages they are really very powerful.

Search for courses on these langauages.

If u r into networking then u can try CCNA then CCNP.

I'd say its less about language and more about problem solving. True there are some inherent restrictions which a language brings , but i'd advice you to pick up either of C++ or Java and get a good hold of them. Migrating to others should be much simpler.

I would put things in two streams while suggesting what to learn.

If its more oriented towards enhancing career prospects, C# (mainly .NET tech), Java, C++ would be the right choices.

If you want to learn and experiment a lot, I would suggest Python. Its not that python wont help in ones career, but the above options are much sought after skills in the industry right now.

Check out TIOBE Programming Community Index for trends in programming languages world wide.

TIOBE Programming Community Index for June 2007
The TIOBE Programming Community index gives an indication of the popularity of programming languages. The index is updated once a month. The ratings are based on the world-wide availability of skilled engineers, courses and third party vendors. The popular search engines Google, MSN, and Yahoo! are used to calculate the ratings. Observe that the TIOBE index is not about the best programming language or the language in which most lines of code have been written.

1 1 Java
2 2 C
3 3 C++
4 4 (Visual) Basic
5 5 PHP
6 6 Perl
7 8 C#
8 7 Python
9 10 JavaScript

Some 1 forget C Sharp.. Latest version of C :p >. Well do Visual C, and related course helpful too. 1'st do C,C++ for basics.. Then Java then as much as you can :p..

Back