Audio What speakers do you use with your PC?

I have these
c26-VS4621-1-lg.jpg

Altec Lansing VS4621 Octane 7 - Amazing speakers, have servered me well over the years, its been almost 5 years i believe i've had them. no issues whats so ever & in use daily.
https://www.amazon.com/Altec-Lansing-VS4621-Computer-Speaker/dp/B0038W0NEU

I have Logitech z623. I bought it in a hurry just because it has label THX.
speakers are extremely disturbing to others.

so most of the time I use audio Technica ath m40x headphone.

quick question, as someone with a pair of m50x which i use for music and gaming, can you guys recommend A Budget speaker set for watching videos time to time.

how are the 500 rupee speakers? and also F & D 200~ soundbar

quick question, as someone with a pair of m50x which i use for music and gaming, can you guys recommend A Budget speaker set for watching videos time to time.

how are the 500 rupee speakers? and also F & D 200~ soundbar

They sound like laptop speakers, better to put 1k more and buy cheap 2.1 speakers instead.

I have Logitech z623. I bought it in a hurry just because it has label THX.
speakers are extremely disturbing to others.

so most of the time I use audio Technica ath m40x headphone.
I also thought the THX certification would be badass and honestly that was the one of the only few reasons why I liked the Z623 speaker. but when i searched online i came across some posts saying its just a gimmick on this speaker and THX no longer has quality standard. dunno if its true. can someone input some info on this?
BTW the m40x/m50x don't have mic do they? if I go for a headphone I'll go for one with a mic.[DOUBLEPOST=1486781028][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyone here into cheap F&D/Edifier speakers ~3k? How are they?

Since you mentioned the m40/50, thought i'd clarify that i haven't really actively pursued good speakers, not just because they're hard to find, but i have the jvc ha-rx700, which i got for under $40 and they largely make me forget about speaks...

m40x don't have a mic.
go for Audio-Technica Solid Bass ATH-WS550iS-WH Headphones with Mic. superb for the music lover. well known company.

I have also bought swans because everyone here said its good. my sister uses it. I have not tested it. Yes, audio seems much clearer than Logitech. And the bass is OK.

I also thought the THX certification would be badass and honestly that was the one of the only few reasons why I liked the Z623 speaker. but when i searched online i came across some posts saying its just a gimmick on this speaker and THX no longer has quality standard. dunno if its true. can someone input some info on this?
BTW the m40x/m50x don't have mic do they? if I go for a headphone I'll go for one with a mic.[DOUBLEPOST=1486781028][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyone here into cheap F&D/Edifier speakers ~3k? How are they?

I dont understand, if you like the speakers then you like the speakers. How does finding out THX is a gimmick change your opinion? What does it matter? :p

I wonder why do cos shutdown their loyal products such as VS 4121 and also VX450 etc type. These items does give them brand loyalty and biz.

I wonder why do cos shutdown their loyal products such as VS 4121 and also VX450 etc type. These items does give them brand loyalty and biz.

Companies don't really manufacture the products themselves, they just provide specifications and have it manufactured in China from third parties, they order specific quantities at once and don't have a constant production line as such.
Let's take the products you mentioned as examples, Altec Lansing for one has completely abandoned the computer speaker business for reasons only they know, maybe it wasn't lucrative or profitable enough but they only make portable bluetooth speakers and a couple of iems and headphones nowadays so forget about the VS4121 they don't have any 2.1 speaker system at all.

As for VX450, it was manufactured by Seasonic but sold under the Corsair badge which again was probably ordered in certain quantities. Advances are always made when it comes to electronics and speakers, PSU's these days will obviously have higher quality and more efficient components than something from 6 years back.
The Indian market isn't really seen as lucrative by a lot of manufacturers and therefore our options are always limited because of which certain products end up achieving cult status like the MX-5021, Promedia 2.1, etc but other developed markets are spoilt for choice, consumers there will always be on the lookout for newer products on the shelves when making a purchase.
Also these companies have paid engineers who can't just make one excellent product and call it a day for five years, they will have to constantly work on improving and developing the next product according to market requirements, reviews and feedback.

Anyone here into cheap F&D/Edifier speakers ~3k? How are they?

The A521 for e.g., has slightly less boomy and more punchy because of the bigger sub than their Creative and Logi counterparts. It's good for general purpose use but don't expect miracles for the amount you're paying, they sound like 3k speakers.
I never bought one because of ASS concerns but I know a few people who bought their products and were satisfied.

I dont understand, if you like the speakers then you like the speakers. How does finding out THX is a gimmick change your opinion? What does it matter? :p
Nah, its like PMPO and RMS. For someone who doesn't know how the speaker sound he might be a bit skeptical about it and may want to hear it before purchase. However if the speaker has the THX certification he'll know that its something good even without the need to listen before purchase. What i meant in my previous post was, the THX certification should be enough for someone to make a decision even without listening to it but it doesn't seem to be the case (anymore). At least not from some posts anyway.

The A521 for e.g., has slightly less boomy and more punchy because of the bigger sub than their Creative and Logi counterparts. It's good for general purpose use but don't expect miracles for the amount you're paying, they sound like 3k speakers.
I never bought one because of ASS concerns but I know a few people who bought their products and were satisfied.
Thanks. Added to option list.

you could get a decent amp if the speakers work and hook your pc into the amps input. you just need to match the speakers specs. I'm sure there are plenty of people here who can guide you better. Maybe post the speaker specs (impedance etc.) here as a starting point.
Couldn't find out the model. Contacted someone who showed me his similar speaker setup using a bunch of wires and cables. He told me that I need to get the speaker amp repaired since these speakers come with a specific amplifier and may not work with another amplifier. He also told me that I will not be able to run without the body which has the ampli.
What I wanted to do was use the two side speakers without its main body. Perhaps with a separate amplifier. I don't want to let the speakers rot somewhere.

Passive speakers are passive speakers man. Use the right (range of) amp, and they'll work just fine. Nothing like their original amp only.

Back