Events & Meets What to Buy from Singapore Airport?

dilpreet

Disciple
I am travelling to Bali this weekend and will have a 4 hour stop at Changi Airport(Singapore) and i was wondering if someone can tell me what should i buy from there at duty free shops which is worth the spend.
I am looking to buy Liquor ,Electronics,Cosmetics and anything else which is at a mindblowing price as compared to here in India
I have searched the net and could not find anyt concrete information so thaought of asking the Forum members.

Basically i am trying to determine if there is anything i can buy from there which is worth the spend as against buying it from India..
Please reply a s a p so that i can i can arrange the additional funds accordingly

@chetansha .Oh so these 2 brands are a good buy from there .Any other brand? Jack daniels or anything like that?
There are so many, depends on what kind of spirit you like. Jack Daniels, knob creek etc are bourbons. usually made in USA. anything that reads glen___ is scotch. made in scotland, aged etc... scotches are meant to be drunk straight, usually with few drops of water. if you are more of a whiskey with soda/coke guy, then you should get bourbons. in Jack Daniel's lineup, I can suggest gentleman's Jack. I am having a brainfart right now, but I can come up with suggestions if you tell me what kind of a drinker you are.

Also, I've been through changi airport multiple times. best airport in my opinion cleanliness wise. but usually the stuff is expensive compared to USA.

@booo Thanks for the advise brother.
Would need more advise as to what is worth buying and what is a rip off coz u see I will buy stuff only if it's expensive in india.
What about electronics and Fragrances?[DOUBLEPOST=1529571749][/DOUBLEPOST]Any Other suggestions fellas?

Last edited:
Electronics are expensive in Singapore. For the others I doubt you'll get a better deal, if anything it will probably be a few dollars more expensive.

For liquor: Though the Glenlivet, Glenfiddich and JD are good, they are available at every duty free. So when I'm travelling, I always look to hard to find liquor which you don't get easily. For instance, last time I bought Nikka Coffey Malt and Bulleit Rye Whisky from Abu Dhabi. I also picked up 2 bottles of JW Green Label (which I belive they've stopped making) from Bahrain.

That said, Delhi Duty Free is extremely well-stocked and prices are very competitive. You're from Bangalore and I don't know how the airport is there. I suggest noting the prices while flying out and comparing it in Singapore.

For the 2L limit: It depends on your luck. What I do is buy a bottle from where I have a stopover and place it in my laptop bag. Then from Delhi I buy 2 bottles and walk through customs with a poker face. They see only the Delhi Duty Free bag and figure I don't have anything else.

Back