What to buy in China

melv1nratedr

Disciple
A friend is going there for work.
Budget of 1.5k INR
I have soundmagic's pl50. any good foam tip replacements i can ask him to bring?

anything else that is really cheap there?

@Op

For a budget of 1.5k, why do you want to get something from abroad? Its not significantly profitable. You can easlity get the earphones you wish to buy in India. You will get Indian warranty also. How much are you gonna save buying it fron China with no warranty? Its not worth it.

melv1nratedr said:
A friend is going there for work.

Budget of 1.5k INR

I have soundmagic's pl50. any good foam tip replacements i can ask him to bring?

anything else that is really cheap there?
No point Getting anything for that budget. Earphones will hardly be cheaper. But if you would love to watch movies on handheld pmp then get that by increasing your budget to like 4k (probably the nth time I am suggesting a PMP to someone on this forum :ashamed: )

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

You could get a Chinese Ipad for 1.5k

One of my friend recently went to China ..

Got an ipad ..

looks pretty similar .. but feels pretty different :)

But not bad for 1.5k

Came back from China this morning.
DO NOT get earphones from china.
Monster turbines/dr dre/bose all of them available for 200 yuan and less, which is your budget but all fake.The real branded stuff is more expensive their than our country cause of the hihger taxes they have to pay. For eg- cheapest authentic iphone- 5000 yuan, which is roughly 35k. Everything is same priced or higher. Only good thing to buy, clothes, imitation watches/wallets/belts.

karan_n8 said:
Came back from China this morning.

DO NOT get earphones from china.

Monster turbines/dr dre/bose all of them available for 200 yuan and less, which is your budget but all fake.The real branded stuff is more expensive their than our country cause of the hihger taxes they have to pay. For eg- cheapest authentic iphone- 5000 yuan, which is roughly 35k. Everything is same priced or higher. Only good thing to buy, clothes, imitation watches/wallets/belts.
Lol correct, I was able to haggle for those fake bose in ear from 300 yuan to 35 yuan at the S&T museum station market in Shanghai :lol:

sri_rng said:
Guys, I am going to China too. Anything else that is cheap there and worth buying there? What about DSLRs?
Anything branded is NOT cheap in China. Anything which is local brand is cheap.

vivek.krishnan said:
Avoid electronics, IMO its not worth the hassles if it stops working. Get some good imitation stuff, like for example Rolex watches ;)

Most of the electronics you see in India which are termed as China ma maal may not really be them. They are usually manufactured in India but labelled as Chinese stuff and with substandard quality.
If we actually got the good chinese stuff from companies like Onda, Teclast, Ainol, even we would have appreciated the quality.
That Noika, Nakai etc stuff is just bad.

Whatever you are buying, do not buy any apple product, especially with those shady stores claiming to be authorized apple sellers. They are not.

Back