Budget 10-15K What to buy - RN7S or RN7P?

Flash!

Vroooomm...
Adept
Nov 11, 2011
1. Budget?
A: <INR 15k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: Above 5.5", IPS LCD/AMOLED, FHD and above

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android Pie

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 3G, 4G would be an added advantage

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Xiaomi mobiles, because of lots of custom ROMs support. Am using Pie in RN3, thanks to Havoc - while the official MIUI stopped providing update after Nougat.

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Camera, mails and internet

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual SIM. Separate SD card slot, if possible.

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New (Flipkart).

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
Redmi Note 7S & Redmi Note 7P 4GB versions @ 13k & 14k respectively.

More Info:
Currently using RN3(SD) for last 3 years with Havoc & RRemix ROMs. In recent times, the battery backup is very less as it maybe wearing out and i will replace it in the near future.
With all the buzz about RN7 and am thinking of buying a new mobile (after 3 years), i zeroed on this. I truly dont care much about camera - Being 7S using 660 SD and 7P using 675 SD, will the 1k i pay extra for 7P make a difference?

Also is it wise to wait till 17th july, as Flipkart will be hosting "Mobile Bonanza sale", to get the mobile with 10% discount offer?

paarkhi

Veteran
Mar 26, 2010
better to go with RN7P which already has Havoc and great custom rom support, also has great support on Telegram.

Flash!

Vroooomm...
Adept
Nov 11, 2011
Will the upcoming Xiaomi CC series, a direct contender to RN7P?

Jambumali

Veteran
Jun 24, 2007
It's possible with overlap in different series'. For your needs, 7S would suffice as it has the same cam as the 7P.